Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #76  
IP Start date 1/2/12

S/C/G: 212/197/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caja5152 View Post
Hi! Does anyone know if we can use Molly McButter?
yes.. and my coach said i could use the land o lakes cheese sprinkle too. its good and revs up alot of flavor for my veggies and such.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #77  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
"Like!"
That's so funny! I always want to be able to just "like" people's comments. I must be a Facebook junkie, lol.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #78  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Paper Towel Theory by Bob White

Let's assume you go out and buy two rolls of paper towels, each with only 84 paper towels on it (one for each day of the challenge). You put one aside, and keep it for future reference (your before/ picture).

The other one represents you (I'll call your paper towel you "Ed"). The core represents the lean Ed. The towels represent the fat that is covering the lean Ed. For sake of argument, let's say that Ed wants to lose 21 pounds of fat, so (84/21) each sheet represents a quarter-pound of fat lost. Let's also assume that Ed loses his fat equally during each day of the challenge.

Each day during the first week, you tear a sheet off of Ed, representing the fat he has lost for the day. Next, you put Ed next to the full roll ("Big Al") for comparison. No noticeable difference!!! Even at the end of the week! This can't be working for me!

But, being a good Ed, you continue to follow Body-for-LIFE. At the end of weeks two and three, you continue to compare Ed to Big Al, and still notice very little difference. That stinkin' Bill Phillips MUST be a liar!

But Ed is determined! He works hard! Three more weeks go by, the sheets peeling off day after day, before Ed gets up the courage to stand next to Big Al again. Holy Myoplex! Ed is skinny! OK, not skinny, but less huge!!!

By the end of the 12-week Body-for-LIFE program, Ed is down to his lean dream, or somewhere near it. Ed is happy. We are happy. Big Al - well he's not so happy.

The lesson to be learned is that fat, like paper towels, comes off in sheets. When you are heavy, you are big around. And when you are big around,that fat is spread over a MUCH larger area - just like that outside towel sheet. The closer you get to the lean you, the more each lost pound of fat shows, because it is spread over a smaller area.

While the outside sheet may only cover 1 layer of the roll, the inside sheet may go around 4 times. That last sheet looks like it gives you 4 times the results of the first sheet, but in reality, the results are the same - your perception is just different! And you'll never see the inside, if you aren't patient while the outside is coming off! - Bob White
Love this!

A friend used to say that losing weight was like losing unwanted visitors. Leave my house. For some reason this made me think of that.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #79  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry1672 View Post
I've been saying that the 2 things I want most are a slice of pizza and crab rangoons. Well, I went to visit my dad yesterday and in anticipation of the visit he ordered 2 large pizzas! Then, I went to meet up with friends for the Patriots game and someone made 2 lbs of crab rangoons! I DID NOT CHEAT. Yayyy!!! That was the most difficult day so far..geesh
Wow! What an amazing success! Good for you for sticking with amidst so much pressure.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #80  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mama View Post
Congrats to all those who have lost this week! Today is my first day and I can't wait to be able to come and report my losses too!
Welcome! Can't wait to see your progress.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #81  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
When I finally realized what would happen to me if I didn't change, there was NO turning back. No snide comments from people about what I was doing would change my mind. I had slammed the door shut on any negative or "helpful" people. I am not looking back. I am doing this for me. I have seen the places that house the elderly and sick. I will not be at their mercy. I have to be strong, healthy and of sound mind. That is why I am doing this program. So, everyone else can think what they want, say what they want, I will not stop.

I am in tears as I type this for all of you and your struggles with social events, family and friends giving their opinions about what you are doing. This shouldn't be a struggle. It should be joyous! You are taking your life back. You will be there for your children and loved ones longer. You will not be a burden. You will not be at the mercy of a 'health care' system that has nothing to do with health.
There, you said it. This is a good thing we are all doing. We are doing it for our health and to be better for those of us we are around and care for and care for us.

There comes a point where you just say, "that's it," "I've had it with you, self, something's got to change." That moment when you make that commitment is so powerful and then going beyond and actually committing to it and then taking the appropriate actions steps is really important. It's part of the reason why I shared this with as few people as possible. And I dumped out my fridge. I have never done that before. I never did a food dump. It's really hard to do. I was never this committed. But, something had to change. The way I was in the last 3 months was just not good and before that wasn't too hot either.

Thank you, Lakewood, for sharing your truth.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #82  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

WI today--down 5 pounds!
Old 01-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib View Post
I also despise winter. I started to get crabby as soon as I pulled out of the driveway. I think it is worse because we have not had a normal winter in SD and now it is here full force. I was so frustrated this weekend cause the kids were out playing and the snow and came in with their nasty wet clothing and it was wall to wall wet mess in my laundry room. Not to mention they lost about 3 pair of gloves "somewhere" along the way while sledding. Where about in SD are you? I am in the Sioux Falls area.
Yeah, SF for me! Hi neighbor. I'm with you -- it was so nice for so long and now it stinks. Hopefully spring will come soon!
Old 01-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #84  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

I just opened this IP page and I found 3 new opened threads about alcohol!

Please do read other threads before opening a new one.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #85  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone! I have been reading all of the posts today and am truly inspired by everyone today! You all are doing great and it is so good to hear how everyone is doing. It does help keep me motivated. I have posted before about my struggle with water retention on this diet due to the extra sodium. I have a long running problem with water retention ever since my daughter was born 28 years ago and have been on medication for it for 28 years. Anyway, I made some changes in the program by removing the sea salt and reducing my water consumption from about 100oz a day to 64 - 72oz. My doctor recommended the reduced water intake because my body can't process water like "normal" people. I went in for an unofficial WI at my Center today and I am down 9.4lbs from Friday! Can you believe that I was holding on to that much water. Holy cow! I am so happy to finally see the scale moving and I have lost about 20lbs in 22 days! This diet is truly a miracle.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #86  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
WI today--down 5 pounds!
Your losses have been amazing! Keep it up
Old 01-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #87  
Started IP 01/14/2012

S/C/G: 280/261/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
WI today--down 5 pounds!
Hooray!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #88  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by meant2b View Post
Good morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

50 lbs gone!!!! I am halfway to my initial goal of losing 100 lbs and feeling incredible! A lot of us have talked about what IP means to us, and I ditto all the positive comments re IP. This program is the perfect fit! It's restricted but not hard, it's results driven to a point but the science behind the program is what truly amazes me... no cravings? no hunger? I've never experienced this before! I LOVE this program!

So, at my week 12 WI (Saturday), I finally wrote down all my inches lost. I wasn't focusing too much on the numbers... more on how my clothes fit. Well, to my surprise, I've lost a total of 22 inches! 6 off my waist, 5 off my thigh (wow), 5.5 off my chest, 3.5 off my hips and 2 off my upper arm!

Wuv, thanks again for always preparing our daily chat... and all your motivating words of encouragement!
You are welcome glad to be there for everyone and share my story. Never know who you will be helping along the way. Congrats on your losses you are doing amazing as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QHLover View Post
had a difficult weekend, went to a party feeling strong, brought a big veggie platter that I could snack on but still ended up eating some tostitos with salsa, some broccoli and cheese dip and ONE bite of cheese cake, and a glass of red wine. This confirms to me that I am still not ready for social occasions. At home I am strong. Out in the real world I fall apart. I really am in recovery.
Remember it is YOUR decision to put that food in your mouth. It is YOU who picks up that food. Do you think anyone notices if you are eating those bad things or not? I don't think so, they are too caught up in eating themselves. Remember YOU have to want it bad enough to tell yourself NO, I don't need that to be social. Being social should not be a reason to cheat, it should be about being with friends and visiting, not eating. I go to a lot of social events and make sure I have my bottle of water with me, I am doing this for ME, I don't care if I get looks or not. Those friends don't live in MY shoes nor live my life, so YOU need to be strong for YOURSELF and get past this, don't beat yourself up. Today is a new day, put your happy face on and get back to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
I know how you feel. I went to a family get together this weekend, and it was very, very hard...not only the food, but some comments that were made about the diet I was doing and my ability to lose weight/keep it off. I ended up locking myself in the bedroom for a while. Probably not the most appropriate thing to do...but I survived the night without cheating. I have a friend's birthday party in a couple weeks at a bar. THIS will be my challenge. I can pass up food...but a drink at a party? We'll see! We're staying at the hotel the bar is in, so I have plans to hide in the room if I need a breather! WE CAN DO THIS!
Think about it like this.....Is that drink going to be good enough to set you back 3 days in your program or is it worth not losing weight this week? This is a lifestyle change, learning to deal with it and saying NO or not even going near the food table is something that you will have to learn to deal with. Food will ALWAYS be there, its how we chose to handle it that makes the difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
This may be a tad drastic for some, but here it is. To help get past all the tempting foods at social gatherings I think these words to myself "That is death". Because for me, it is death.

Much love to you all!
[/B]Thank you for sharing your story with us. It will help some realize that they too may be in the same boat as you. For me it was when my dr said I would soon be in a wheel chair and not be able to walk that did it for me. All of us have a "clicking" moment then after its NO turning back and not letting ANYTHING or ANYONE get in our way. Temptation is not even an option for me! Great job on your losses so far[/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenboss View Post
So - I am new to ideal protein - 2 wks in and feel great. Had a bad day last week after playing volleyball and curling - felt a bit weak - had a pkg snack and felt much better. Last week a good friend (who is 120lbs and fit) organized a boot camp once a week and convinced me to sign up - YIKES!! I am getting alot of grief from a couple of friends on the program saying that it is too much activity for the amount of calories we consume - I do get that - but can I not have my restricted snack right before class - that should have enough carbs to get me through the 1 hour class. Any advice would be helpful!!
As Miranda said add a packet to your day if you are doing a boot camp. I would suggest telling your trainer about the program so that she can adjust it to fit you. Straight up Boot Camp would be too intense for you that is for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme1 View Post
I am still having 8oz of protein at night along with the ham at lunch time (about 2 oz of ham in my lunch salad). the extra ham may be the problem will not have any today and going forward to see if that helps.

thanks so much for the response. Have a great IP day.
Like Miranda and NavyMommy said I would skip the ham. Lots of sodium in that, change maybe to turkey instead, or chicken even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caja5152 View Post
Hi! Does anyone know if we can use Molly McButter?
Yes you can also butter buds, I can't believe its not butter spray, Land o lakes sprinkles are also allowed there are a variety of flavors, cheddar cheese, sour cream and onion to name a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
I just opened this IP page and I found 3 new opened threads about alcohol!

Please do read other threads before opening a new one.
I bumped the alcohol threads for Meant2b she asked about having some on another thread but they are good to read.

Hey everyone, looks like we are having a good Monday with WI's congrats to those that have weighed in already today. Its a dreary day here in Mississippi today so I will be on my Wii most of the afternoon unlocking more games through the yoga I have been working on. According to the Wii I have loss 4lbs but I don't WI til Wednesday so we will see what happens then
Old 01-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #89  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Hello everyone! I have been reading all of the posts today and am truly inspired by everyone today! You all are doing great and it is so good to hear how everyone is doing. It does help keep me motivated. I have posted before about my struggle with water retention on this diet due to the extra sodium. I have a long running problem with water retention ever since my daughter was born 28 years ago and have been on medication for it for 28 years. Anyway, I made some changes in the program by removing the sea salt and reducing my water consumption from about 100oz a day to 64 - 72oz. My doctor recommended the reduced water intake because my body can't process water like "normal" people. I went in for an unofficial WI at my Center today and I am down 9.4lbs from Friday! Can you believe that I was holding on to that much water. Holy cow! I am so happy to finally see the scale moving and I have lost about 20lbs in 22 days! This diet is truly a miracle.
That's wonderful! When I was retaining a ton of water my coach also recommend I cut back to 70 oz of water too. It really helped me also. I'm glad you seem to have found your solution.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #90  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
WI today--down 5 pounds!
You're doing AMAZING! Keep up the fantastic work you're doing!!!!
Closed Thread