Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #31  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
This may be a tad drastic for some, but here it is. To help get past all the tempting foods at social gatherings I think these words to myself "That is death". Because for me, it is death.

When I started this program, my blood sugar was very high, diabetic actually, my cholesterol was 289, triglycerides (fat in the blood) were dangerously high and I weighed 213 pounds. I had been in the ER 3 different times with blood pressure so high they thought I would have a stroke. I was on blood pressure meds, 2 different diabetes meds, and thyroid meds. In all I was taking 8 different prescriptions for various issues - all of which I caused by the way I lived and what I ate. It wasn't genetics. My high blood sugar was not because I wasn't on the 'right' medication. Not one doctor ASKED me what I ate. They just handed me a prescription and said we need to check you in 3 months. As a matter of fact, when I saw my doc in Sept, he told me he wasn't hopeful for me. WHAT?! Then why didn't you SAY SOMETHING!?

When I finally realized what would happen to me if I didn't change, there was NO turning back. No snide comments from people about what I was doing would change my mind. I had slammed the door shut on any negative or "helpful" people. I am not looking back. I am doing this for me. I have seen the places that house the elderly and sick. I will not be at their mercy. I have to be strong, healthy and of sound mind. That is why I am doing this program. So, everyone else can think what they want, say what they want, I will not stop.

I am in tears as I type this for all of you and your struggles with social events, family and friends giving their opinions about what you are doing. This shouldn't be a struggle. It should be joyous! You are taking your life back. You will be there for your children and loved ones longer. You will not be a burden. You will not be at the mercy of a 'health care' system that has nothing to do with health.

So, this really is that serious. It is about death. I was killing myself. When someone offers me something while I am out, I smile and say 'No, thank you'. All the while I think "That equals death for me, and I choose to LIVE!"

Here are the numbers that PROVE this program works. It also proves that if you stop eating crap, your body will respond and do amazing things!

Blood Sugar July/Diabetic Dec/NORMAL

Cholesterol July/279 Dec/169

Triglycerides July/243 Dec/61

Weight July/213 Dec/178 (168 TODAY!)

I am off all diabetes and blood pressure meds - and that only took 2 weeks into the program to accomplish! The doc was amazed at my progress. But, I think I need to find a new doc. He never asked what I was doing or how I was doing it. He just said, "whatever you're doing is working, so keep at it." It proved to me that I am in control of my health, not him. It's my responsibility. I am responsible for what I put in my mouth. It's not McDonald's, it's not marketing. It's me.

Much love to you all!
Thank you
Old 01-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #32  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
This may be a tad drastic for some, but here it is. To help get past all the tempting foods at social gatherings I think these words to myself "That is death". Because for me, it is death.

When I started this program, my blood sugar was very high, diabetic actually, my cholesterol was 289, triglycerides (fat in the blood) were dangerously high and I weighed 213 pounds. I had been in the ER 3 different times with blood pressure so high they thought I would have a stroke. I was on blood pressure meds, 2 different diabetes meds, and thyroid meds. In all I was taking 8 different prescriptions for various issues - all of which I caused by the way I lived and what I ate. It wasn't genetics. My high blood sugar was not because I wasn't on the 'right' medication. Not one doctor ASKED me what I ate. They just handed me a prescription and said we need to check you in 3 months. As a matter of fact, when I saw my doc in Sept, he told me he wasn't hopeful for me. WHAT?! Then why didn't you SAY SOMETHING!?

When I finally realized what would happen to me if I didn't change, there was NO turning back. No snide comments from people about what I was doing would change my mind. I had slammed the door shut on any negative or "helpful" people. I am not looking back. I am doing this for me. I have seen the places that house the elderly and sick. I will not be at their mercy. I have to be strong, healthy and of sound mind. That is why I am doing this program. So, everyone else can think what they want, say what they want, I will not stop.

I am in tears as I type this for all of you and your struggles with social events, family and friends giving their opinions about what you are doing. This shouldn't be a struggle. It should be joyous! You are taking your life back. You will be there for your children and loved ones longer. You will not be a burden. You will not be at the mercy of a 'health care' system that has nothing to do with health.

So, this really is that serious. It is about death. I was killing myself. When someone offers me something while I am out, I smile and say 'No, thank you'. All the while I think "That equals death for me, and I choose to LIVE!"

Here are the numbers that PROVE this program works. It also proves that if you stop eating crap, your body will respond and do amazing things!

I am off all diabetes and blood pressure meds - and that only took 2 weeks into the program to accomplish! The doc was amazed at my progress. But, I think I need to find a new doc. He never asked what I was doing or how I was doing it. He just said, "whatever you're doing is working, so keep at it." It proved to me that I am in control of my health, not him. It's my responsibility. I am responsible for what I put in my mouth. It's not McDonald's, it's not marketing. It's me.

Much love to you all!
I'm sorry that you have horrible doctors it sounds like, but I'm so proud of you & inspired BY YOU for what you've accomplished! It's truly amazing. Thank you for sharing your story <3
Old 01-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 208/196/155

So - I am new to ideal protein - 2 wks in and feel great. Had a bad day last week after playing volleyball and curling - felt a bit weak - had a pkg snack and felt much better. Last week a good friend (who is 120lbs and fit) organized a boot camp once a week and convinced me to sign up - YIKES!! I am getting alot of grief from a couple of friends on the program saying that it is too much activity for the amount of calories we consume - I do get that - but can I not have my restricted snack right before class - that should have enough carbs to get me through the 1 hour class. Any advice would be helpful!!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #34  
started IP 1/23/12

S/C/G: 229.8/180/140

Height: 5 ft

Smile

Quote:

Much love to you all!

Amazing post! You are so right - I did this to myself and I am the only one who can change it!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #35  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenboss View Post
So - I am new to ideal protein - 2 wks in and feel great. Had a bad day last week after playing volleyball and curling - felt a bit weak - had a pkg snack and felt much better. Last week a good friend (who is 120lbs and fit) organized a boot camp once a week and convinced me to sign up - YIKES!! I am getting alot of grief from a couple of friends on the program saying that it is too much activity for the amount of calories we consume - I do get that - but can I not have my restricted snack right before class - that should have enough carbs to get me through the 1 hour class. Any advice would be helpful!!
I've read that Boot Camp is especially hard on someone on IP, but they suggest ADDING a whole OTHER packet to your day. 1/2 BEFORE your work out and the other 1/2 AFTER. Hope that helps.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenboss View Post
Jenboss - I would not do the boot camp. Your friends are right - it's too much. You will be weak and your results will suffer. Maybe explain to your fit friend that you will be happy to come back after you're closer to your goal. And I am sure your coach will advise you to back off the boot camp. You're resetting your system and that along with strenuous exercise may do you more harm then good. Good luck!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #37  
started IP Nov 21, 2011

S/C/G: Goal 140

good morning everyone. I also know that I should stay away from the scales but I just have this need to know. each morning since my WI last Wed I have gotten on the scale and and it hasn't moved. no weight lost but I feel smaller. don't understand since I only lost 1 lb last week. I'm getting concerned. I did have the "Big C" problem but took care of that yesterday after suggestions from you guys. I also am eating thin slices of low sodium ham, could that be the problem?
Old 01-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #38  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme1 View Post
good morning everyone. I also know that I should stay away from the scales but I just have this need to know. each morning since my WI last Wed I have gotten on the scale and and it hasn't moved. no weight lost but I feel smaller. don't understand since I only lost 1 lb last week. I'm getting concerned. I did have the "Big C" problem but took care of that yesterday after suggestions from you guys. I also am eating thin slices of low sodium ham, could that be the problem?
#1: Even if you're not losing numbers, you're probably losing INCHES. Are you doing everything exactly right?

#2: Are you counting the lunch meat that you're eating into your daily 8oz?
Old 01-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Quote:
Happy, STAY OFF THE SCALE! The scale is EVIL! Seriously, it's going to drive you nuts. Once, I 'gained' 5 pounds over night. Really!? It wasn't the truth. Put it in a different room so you won't have to look at it everyday. Go by how you feel and how your clothes fit. Do not be concerned. I promise this works. I PROMISE!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Great post Lakewood!!

for being healthy and in control!

Last edited by Ishbel; 01-23-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #41  
started IP Nov 21, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
#1: Even if you're not losing numbers, you're probably losing INCHES. Are you doing everything exactly right?

#2: Are you counting the lunch meat that you're eating into your daily 8oz?
I am still having 8oz of protein at night along with the ham at lunch time (about 2 oz of ham in my lunch salad). the extra ham may be the problem will not have any today and going forward to see if that helps.

thanks so much for the response. Have a great IP day.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

I had a amazing NSV Sat night. I had to go with my husband to a special dinner for the fire dpts in the county. I knew they would probably not have anything good there so I ate my veggie right before we left hoping there was some type of meat I could eat. We got there and it was a total carb fest!! I was able to have 2 pork chops that were not covered in anything and I did manage to find water. Despite being the odd ball carrying a plate with only 2 pork chops and 2 glasses of water, it went ok. I did get a few strange looks but it was ok cause NONE of the food even looked good! I sat there thinking in my mind HOLY CRAP that is so NOT appealing! It is amazing how fast your taste changes. I would have been so sick if I would have ate that food now.

On another note my husband thought I was nuts this weekend because I had my long underwear, warm pants and sweatshirt on most of the weekend and was still freezing!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #43  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
I am still having 8oz of protein at night along with the ham at lunch time (about 2 oz of ham in my lunch salad). the extra ham may be the problem will not have any today and going forward to see if that helps.

Sometimes you just need a little more protein [in my own opinion, I've ate more than the 8oz sometimes just because I'd rather eat that, than cheat] but I would wait and see what someone else more experienced says

How much water are you drinking?
Old 01-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #44  
started IP Nov 21, 2011

Quote:
Happy, STAY OFF THE SCALE! The scale is EVIL! Seriously, it's going to drive you nuts. Once, I 'gained' 5 pounds over night. Really!? It wasn't the truth. Put it in a different room so you won't have to look at it everyday. Go by how you feel and how your clothes fit. Do not be concerned. I promise this works. I PROMISE!
thanks much. I am putting both the scale and the ham away for good
Old 01-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

You have to stick with the protocol to make this diet work!
Closed Thread