Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 02:14 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 1/20/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-20-2012, 03:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/226/160-170

Height: 5'4"

Well had my weigh in yesterday and thought I posted it on yesterday's chat, but could not find it. So will try again...lol. Down another 5.2 lbs, for a total of 29.2 lbs in 5 weeks. Must say I'm feeling pretty good about that. Never thought that I would really stick with it, but I have except for my cheats over Xmas. Hope everyone else had and had great losses as well!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:52 AM   #3  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette
I'd like to live in a bubble so that once I'm over pneumonia, I never ever EVER catch it again x.x This is the worst feeling in the world! D; Today I can barely speak. Tomorrow I finally will be able to get my antibiotics. I don't know how long it's going to take me to get over this (it's regular pneumonia, not walking pneumonia), but it's disheartening that it could be a month or more. Then when I'm not sick anymore, my weight will likely go back up and I'll have to start all over ):

I am REALLY sorry this hit you right now. Anytime actually. But there are still lots of things you can do, however weak you are. Sit in the sun or take 2000 iu of Vitamin D and, better yet, both. Go for vegetables rather than fruit. You'll get a lot more Vitamin C from a red pepper, raw or cooked, than an orange or, heaven forbid, sweetened orange juice. Green peppers are almost as good and peppers are SO easy to prepare and snack on when you need something to chew and swallow. I'd make sure you get at least 100 fluid ounces of water a day. A little more won't hurt at all. If you want a really refreshing drink that will help your throat, put about 2 ounces of cider vinegar in 12 ounces of cold water and add some sea salt. Sip it and it will really help.

The point is, you still need good protein, more than ever, and the nutrients from green, yellow, and red vegetables. I'd forget the taboo on tomatoes for a while, if you like them. If you're still working, and I imagine you are, take it in small doses and try not to stress. Sure, I know. I've worked through pneumonia and bronchitis more than once in my life. And I'm now finished acting the mama.

Last edited by Linden; 01-20-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:06 AM   #4  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay316 View Post
Well had my weigh in yesterday and thought I posted it on yesterday's chat, but could not find it. So will try again...lol. Down another 5.2 lbs, for a total of 29.2 lbs in 5 weeks. Must say I'm feeling pretty good about that. Never thought that I would really stick with it, but I have except for my cheats over Xmas. Hope everyone else had and had great losses as well!!!
great loss...
Old 01-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #5  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Last night I was talking to wuv2bloved [Lisa] and I made a connection with my diet that blew my mind. Last week I had been using the EAS rtd shakes and I was fine [hunger wise] just ate when I needed to, but wasn't STARVING.

Last Sunday I switched to the body fortress powder and this whole past week all I've wanted to do is eat every. single. thing. Not really like pizza or something like that, just like ANYTHING; I didn't really care what it was.

I had 1 pack of the EAS rtd shakes left so I drank of those instead last night and I immediately felt better. I had just eaten dinner 45 minutes before that and was already HUNGRY [that's not a good sign] so I had chugged some water, did some laundry & chewed some gum.. nothing helped. Then I ate the rest of my cucumbers and drank even MORE water [I drink 5 a day, that's definitely NOT the problem] and I was still just hungry.

I drank the EAS shake & I immediately felt so full and nice lol. I really don't think it was just a psychological thing either because I wanted the powder to work so bad because I'm so cheap LOL. But, the minute I drank the shake I felt amazing, the hunger subsided. For the first time since Sunday I went to bed NOT hungry & woke up NOT hungry. Definitely going back to the EAS for GOOD!

Just had to share this <3
Old 01-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

So last night I was going to have my last packet for the evening, the cappucino drink, but I had just drank 20 oz of water and the thought of drinking more liquid almost made me sick. I decided to try and make cupcakes with my cappucino packet and all I can say is YUM!!!! Here's the recipe:

1 egg white beaten till frothy but not stiff
about 1/4 tsp of baking powder
1 - 2 tsp of WF caramel syrup
1 cappucino packet

Preheat oven to 350: Beat the egg white until frothy but not stiff...it should still have a somewhat clear appearance, add the baking powder and mix well. Next add the cappucino mix (dry- NOT prepared to drink) mix as well as possible, then add 1 tsp of WF caramel syrup, the batter will be sticky and should be thicker than normal cake batter. If 1 tsp syrup was not enough add 1 more.

I baked mine in mini cupcake pans. I sprayed the pan with olive oil and baked them for 7 minutes. They puffed up like regular cup cakes and only fell a small amount after cooling. This made 7 mini cupcakes.

Last edited by MustangMolly; 01-20-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #7  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
So last night I was going to have my last packet for the evening, the cappucino drink, but I had just drank 20 oz of water and the thought of drinking more liquid almost made me sick. I decided to try and make cupcakes with my cappucino packet and all I can say is YUM!!!! Here's the recipe:

1 egg white beaten till frothy but not stiff
about 1/4 tsp of baking powder
1 - 2 tsp of WF caramel syrup
1 cappucino packet

Preheat oven to 350: Beat the egg white until frothy but not stiff...it should still have a somewhat clear appearance, add the baking powder and mix well. Next add the cappucino mix (dry- NOT prepared to drink) mix as well as possible, then add 1 tsp of WF caramel syrup, the batter will be sticky and should be thicker than normal cake batter. If 1 tsp syrup was not enough add 1 more.

I baked mine in mini cupcake pans. I sprayed the pan with olive oil and baked them for 7 minutes. They puffed up like regular cup cakes and only fell a small amount after cooling. This made 7 mini cupcakes.
Do these count as a restricted? Or non?
Old 01-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning fellow IPeeps Today is WI# 3 for me so I am a little nervous and excited all at the same time. I was slightly disappointed last week whent he scale didn't move but the body composition showed I lost 4.1 lbs of body fat and gained 4.1 lbs of lean muscle. I have been hanging on to that all week. I am keeping the faith and staying 100% OP no matter what!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay316 View Post
Congrats on the WI and over all loss
Old 01-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Good morning all you other awesome peeps out there! (Sorry...new dose of motivation this morning, so I'm in a really, really good mood!) I made the zucchini chips last night, and they turned out awful! I can't figure out what I did wrong. Are they supposed to be crispy??? The only thing I can think of is that I don't have any parchment paper, so I sprayed my cookie sheet with olive oil. Should I have used wax paper or foil instead??? I really wanted them for this weekend! Help me! LOL
Old 01-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Non restricted because the cappucino drink is non restricted.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #11  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
This would be non restricted, same as the cappachino drink

Good morning everyone, woke up this morning at 7 feeling skinny!!......love that feeling, just got up going to do my yoga on the Wii with a few of the games i unlocked with my progress like the boxing, running/walking and the balancing and of course see if it says i have loss anything since wednesday! I'll report back when i am done!!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/187.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Wuv - do you use your wii regularly? I have one and was thinking I should be doing the yoga and a few other things on it. I was going to a yoga class - which I need to get back to since I paid for 10 and have only used about 3 or 4.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #13  

Wuv, I just read your interview with Jordanna and it is wonderful. My very first thought was that your story needs to be on the IP website. I know it is still a story in progress, but what you have accomplished so far is truly inspirational.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'5'

Good morning- I swear I saw my spare tire start to drive away today! I really havent measured anything, but my pants are looser! Yea! I feel great! I have been on my Gazelle (easy on the knees and ankles excercise equipment- cheap but works great) for 20 minutes a day since Jan 2. I have figured out how to use different muscle groups while on it. I have had mine in storage for the last 5 years, but I know I have seen used ones at second hand shops for cheap. Great for the winter months! Have a great day everyone and be a good looser!!! ha ha
Old 01-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #15  
Started IP 01/14/2012

S/C/G: 280/261/180

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning! Woke up feeling pretty good today, so I think I've turned a corner in adjusting to the diet. WI#1 is tomorrow morning, excitedly nervous about seeing results.
Wuv - you are truly inspiring, and one of the reasons I decided to follow this plan - not just because of the results you have seen, but because of the positive attitude you share with everyone on this forum.
Mustang Molly - those cupcakes sound absolutely YUM! May have to make them for tomorrow when we are celebrating my grandmother's 90th birthday and I will be faced with my first cake temptation.
TGIF everyone!
Closed Thread