3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 1/20/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/250997-ip-daily-chat-friday-1-20-12-a.html)

wuv2bloved 01-20-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renewing Myself (Post 4180596)
Wuv - do you use your wii regularly? I have one and was thinking I should be doing the yoga and a few other things on it. I was going to a yoga class - which I need to get back to since I paid for 10 and have only used about 3 or 4.

I have been using my Wii Daily doing the Yoga, stretching and Balancing. I have unlocked the boxing game and LOVE IT! I also have been weighing on it and in 2 days I loss 3.5lbs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4180608)
Wuv, I just read your interview with Jordanna and it is wonderful. My very first thought was that your story needs to be on the IP website. I know it is still a story in progress, but what you have accomplished so far is truly inspirational.

Thank you, I was very flattered that she asked to interview me and was very happy to share my story, I want people to know it works IF you stick to it and put your mind to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckles1330 (Post 4180640)
Good Morning! Woke up feeling pretty good today, so I think I've turned a corner in adjusting to the diet. WI#1 is tomorrow morning, excitedly nervous about seeing results.
Wuv - you are truly inspiring, and one of the reasons I decided to follow this plan - not just because of the results you have seen, but because of the positive attitude you share with everyone on this forum.
Mustang Molly - those cupcakes sound absolutely YUM! May have to make them for tomorrow when we are celebrating my grandmother's 90th birthday and I will be faced with my first cake temptation.
TGIF everyone!

I am glad that I have helped you in some way and you are getting the results you want. It takes time but it is attainable! Just remember she will have a 91st birthday and I am sure she will be very proud of you for sticking to your plan and the success you have had thus far :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 (Post 4180675)
Good morning everyone! It's FRIDAY! I LOVE weekends! Hockey, Hockey Hockey! Story of my life in the winter! WI#4 this am and I am down another 7lbs! Super excited and an unexpected loss!

Congratulations to all the big "losers" out there and good luck to all weighing in today and this weekend!

You are ROCKING the losses...keep it up!

Quote:

Originally Posted by heliosmommy (Post 4180781)
Good Morning, all. I hope everyone has a great day today.

I am very new to this site and mostly have been just reading all your posts. What great info! I just wanted to say I tried some of the recipes placed on this site recently and what a welcome change. I really feel like I can not only do this, but even enjoy it!:carrot: One question though, I made the flourless crepes this morning for my daughter and decided to have one instead of my IP pudding. Should I not have my regular dinner and have the pudding then instead or just go about the rest of the day as usual?

Thanks for all the info and inspiration.:D

Have the rest of your day as normal. Do not skip anything IP

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBNJENNISANDWICH (Post 4180879)
Okay, I need some quick help. I don't have any IP packets and my doctor's office still closed due to our recent weather conditions. I made it through yesterday on some left over packets and only used two of them. Now all I have is a Jello left and a few RTDs. What should I do? I do not want all my work staying OP to be a waste and have to start over. I think we can make it to the local grocery store, (Safeway) but I haven't done much research of alternatives and am not sure what to get. I'm running on limited laptop battery since we're out of power (like the 275,000 others in my area). I just need some quick suggestions so I don't use up all the battery and daylight searching. Thanks you guys!

get EAS carb control shakes and a few pure protein bars or Atkin bars to tide you over til you get food

janniegoingdown 01-20-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4180917)
OMG!!! Someone here at work has a crockpot plugged in with a scalloped potatoe and ham casserole!!! The smell is making me crazy!!!! I've drank about a million liters of water and now I'm having green tea!!! It's easy to resist the food, I will not ever cheat, but the smell is making me hungry!!!! Argh!!!

Oh my goodness, hang in there!

PBNJENNISANDWICH 01-20-2012 12:09 PM

get EAS carb control shakes and a few pure protein bars or Atkin bars to tide you over til you get food[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Battery is about gone talk to you guys later! Hopefully soon when we get our power back...

sandralosingweight 01-20-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda (Post 4180492)
Last night I was talking to wuv2bloved [Lisa] and I made a connection with my diet that blew my mind. Last week I had been using the EAS rtd shakes and I was fine [hunger wise] just ate when I needed to, but wasn't STARVING.

Last Sunday I switched to the body fortress powder and this whole past week all I've wanted to do is eat every. single. thing. Not really like pizza or something like that, just like ANYTHING; I didn't really care what it was.

I had 1 pack of the EAS rtd shakes left so I drank of those instead last night and I immediately felt better. I had just eaten dinner 45 minutes before that and was already HUNGRY [that's not a good sign] so I had chugged some water, did some laundry & chewed some gum.. nothing helped. Then I ate the rest of my cucumbers and drank even MORE water [I drink 5 a day, that's definitely NOT the problem] and I was still just hungry.

I drank the EAS shake & I immediately felt so full and nice lol. I really don't think it was just a psychological thing either because I wanted the powder to work so bad because I'm so cheap LOL. But, the minute I drank the shake I felt amazing, the hunger subsided. For the first time since Sunday I went to bed NOT hungry & woke up NOT hungry. Definitely going back to the EAS for GOOD!

Just had to share this <3

Hello,

Can you please tell me how many grams of protein are there in the EAS shake V/S the powder?

sandralosingweight 01-20-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icathinme (Post 4180544)
Good morning all you other awesome peeps out there! (Sorry...new dose of motivation this morning, so I'm in a really, really good mood!) I made the zucchini chips last night, and they turned out awful! I can't figure out what I did wrong. Are they supposed to be crispy??? The only thing I can think of is that I don't have any parchment paper, so I sprayed my cookie sheet with olive oil. Should I have used wax paper or foil instead??? I really wanted them for this weekend! Help me! LOL

Hehe! It is my story as well, I always get them mushy! Can't figure out how to make them crispy!

rissimo 01-20-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4180982)
Hello,

Can you please tell me how many grams of protein are there in the EAS shake V/S the powder?

17 grams of protein in the EAS RTD shakes

NavyMommy 01-20-2012 12:36 PM

Good morning!!

So I survived my first night away from home on IP and did really well. My daughter had an overnight sleep study done, so they weren't the ideal accommodations. Had I thought it through I would have packed RTD drinks instead of the powders, but I managed. The bathroom was all the way down the hall, and I felt so silly walking in and out a dozen times (plus all the times I had to pee!) to get my shakes to work and get everything cleaned up but I managed.

Got on the scale this morning when we got home and saw a number I haven't seen since before I was pregnant with my 20 month old. It was a very nice surprise (especially since it wasn't first thing in the morning!) but I'm not sharing until my official WI day Monday because we all know how these things can fluctuate.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay316 (Post 4180356)
Well had my weigh in yesterday and thought I posted it on yesterday's chat, but could not find it. So will try again...lol. Down another 5.2 lbs, for a total of 29.2 lbs in 5 weeks. Must say I'm feeling pretty good about that. Never thought that I would really stick with it, but I have except for my cheats over Xmas. Hope everyone else had and had great losses as well!!!

WTG!!! Awesome loss!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuckles1330 (Post 4180640)
Good Morning! Woke up feeling pretty good today, so I think I've turned a corner in adjusting to the diet. WI#1 is tomorrow morning, excitedly nervous about seeing results.

Once you turn the corner your first week the whole diet just seems to fall into place (well it did for me at least). GL on your WI!

Ishbel 01-20-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 (Post 4180876)
We are close! I actually grew up in a small town an hour from the border. I think Winnepeg is about 1 or two away from there.

We play a lot of Canadians team for our tournaments. Granted we don't win, but we try!

We don't win ALL the time...did you watch the juniors? Poor kids, people are hard on them...I kept yelling at the TV (and facebook) GUYS, THEY ARE ONLY 17!!! GIVE THEM A BREAK! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4180917)
OMG!!! Someone here at work has a crockpot plugged in with a scalloped potatoe and ham casserole!!! The smell is making me crazy!!!! I've drank about a million liters of water and now I'm having green tea!!! It's easy to resist the food, I will not ever cheat, but the smell is making me hungry!!!! Argh!!!

Ok, I once saw a response similar to this post (at the beginning of my journey). I printed it off and it still hangs on my desk.

IT IS NOT WORTH IT! It will probably make you feel bloated and could give you diarrhea!

Hope that helps! lol

heliosmommy 01-20-2012 12:49 PM

I'm not sure what I'm not doing right, but I keep posting messages that seem to disappear once I log off. :o( and I have so many questions to ask and things to say...lol...I'm so challenged.

TracyAWC 01-20-2012 12:49 PM

Happy Friday everyone!

In the middle of my TOM so scale didn't move at my WI today - although I did somehow manage to lose 2 1/4 inches so I will happily take that - especially since arm fat is FINALLY starting to move in the right direction :)

Hope everyone has great WIs - they've been inspirational so far - and a great weekend!!!

Pamelama 01-20-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icathinme (Post 4180544)
Good morning all you other awesome peeps out there! (Sorry...new dose of motivation this morning, so I'm in a really, really good mood!) I made the zucchini chips last night, and they turned out awful! I can't figure out what I did wrong. Are they supposed to be crispy??? The only thing I can think of is that I don't have any parchment paper, so I sprayed my cookie sheet with olive oil. Should I have used wax paper or foil instead??? I really wanted them for this weekend! Help me! LOL

NOT WAX! It will melt in oven. :o Zucchini is full of water which is probably why your chips were not crispy.
I've never made the chips but when I shred zucchini to add to a recipe I always squeeze out the moisture first. You might try putting the on paper towels layered and put a heavy plate over them to reduce some of the moisture. FYI, you might want to try turnip chips too. They get really crispy and aren't full of water to start with.

wuv2bloved 01-20-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heliosmommy (Post 4181045)
I'm not sure what I'm not doing right, but I keep posting messages that seem to disappear once I log off. :o( and I have so many questions to ask and things to say...lol...I'm so challenged.

Well this one came out right so ask away....lol

mamacitaof2 01-20-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 4181027)
We don't win ALL the time...did you watch the juniors? Poor kids, people are hard on them...I kept yelling at the TV (and facebook) GUYS, THEY ARE ONLY 17!!! GIVE THEM A BREAK! lol

Ok, I once saw a response similar to this post (at the beginning of my journey). I printed it off and it still hangs on my desk.

IT IS NOT WORTH IT! It will probably make you feel bloated and could give you diarrhea!

Hope that helps! lol

Fisrt of all - LOVE the suggestion; second of all - my guy is a little younger...10 next week actually and only in his 2nd year of hockey. The important thing is that he likes to play and has fun doing it, win or lose! It's a sport I've grown to love. We were football, basketball and baseball until two years ago.

MustangMolly 01-20-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whirlygirl72 (Post 4180872)
Thank you! ive been wondering how to make these. Is it ok to eat all seven? lol;)

You can eat them all because it is made with just one packet of the cappucino.

heliosmommy 01-20-2012 12:54 PM

Have the rest of your day as normal. Do not skip anything IP

YAY!.. Thanks for the response. I guess I did post it right. I'm so excited.