3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 1/20/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/250997-ip-daily-chat-friday-1-20-12-a.html)

mamacitaof2 01-20-2012 09:56 AM

Good morning everyone! It's FRIDAY! I LOVE weekends! Hockey, Hockey Hockey! Story of my life in the winter! WI#4 this am and I am down another 7lbs! Super excited and an unexpected loss!

Congratulations to all the big "losers" out there and good luck to all weighing in today and this weekend!

Ishbel 01-20-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 (Post 4180675)
Good morning everyone! It's FRIDAY! I LOVE weekends! Hockey, Hockey Hockey! Story of my life in the winter! WI#4 this am and I am down another 7lbs! Super excited and an unexpected loss!

Congratulations to all the big "losers" out there and good luck to all weighing in today and this weekend!

Awesome weigh in! :yay: :trampo:

I read your post and looked over to see where in Canada you were. LOL North Dakota is SO close to me! :) I'll wave the next time I go through!

leganegan 01-20-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4180502)
So last night I was going to have my last packet for the evening, the cappucino drink, but I had just drank 20 oz of water and the thought of drinking more liquid almost made me sick. I decided to try and make cupcakes with my cappucino packet and all I can say is YUM!!!! Here's the recipe:

1 egg white beaten till frothy but not stiff
about 1/4 tsp of baking powder
1 - 2 tsp of WF caramel syrup
1 cappucino packet

Preheat oven to 350: Beat the egg white until frothy but not stiff...it should still have a somewhat clear appearance, add the baking powder and mix well. Next add the cappucino mix (dry- NOT prepared to drink) mix as well as possible, then add 1 tsp of WF caramel syrup, the batter will be sticky and should be thicker than normal cake batter. If 1 tsp syrup was not enough add 1 more.

I baked mine in mini cupcake pans. I sprayed the pan with olive oil and baked them for 7 minutes. They puffed up like regular cup cakes and only fell a small amount after cooling. This made 7 mini cupcakes.

yum! I wonder if it would work with the Nashua Cappuccino I have... hmmmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4180571)
This would be non restricted, same as the cappachino drink :)

Good morning everyone, woke up this morning at 7 feeling skinny!!......love that feeling, just got up going to do my yoga on the Wii with a few of the games i unlocked with my progress like the boxing, running/walking and the balancing and of course see if it says i have loss anything since wednesday! I'll report back when i am done!! :)

You make me want to break out the Wii and use it more!! :yoga::barbell:

massconfusion84 01-20-2012 10:40 AM

I have my 2nd WI today and Im super nervous...wish me luck! I will let you know the results

Icathinme 01-20-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyo1963 (Post 4180634)
Good morning- I swear I saw my spare tire start to drive away today! I really havent measured anything, but my pants are looser! Yea! I feel great! I have been on my Gazelle (easy on the knees and ankles excercise equipment- cheap but works great) for 20 minutes a day since Jan 2. I have figured out how to use different muscle groups while on it. I have had mine in storage for the last 5 years, but I know I have seen used ones at second hand shops for cheap. Great for the winter months! Have a great day everyone and be a good looser!!! ha ha

LOVE IT! I can't wait for mine to drive a way! Hubby thinks it's smaller already, I think he's crazy! I can't tell a difference, but I know it will be coming very soon! I can't wait for my clothes to get too big...I need new clothes, but have been putting it off because I knew I was starting this program. I'm tired of holy pants, though!

EmilySebetka 01-20-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massconfusion84 (Post 4180747)
I have my 2nd WI today and Im super nervous...wish me luck! I will let you know the results

Your WI will be super awesome. Today feels like a day where 99% of everything will be awesome.

LOL, anyhoo... All the schools were canceled today because of the craploads of snow we're getting. My dad also stayed home, and is putting up our new kitchen cabinets! They're hickory with a natural finish and are so pretty! I can't wait until we're done working on our house. We're trying to get it sellable, or at least how our "forever home" should look. We've got a hole in the ceiling of one of our bathrooms for crying out loud. :lol:

My little sister Anna is really sick with the stomach flu, and my parents had to take her to the hospital because she was so dehydrated and weak. I am really hoping I don't get it. That would fail.

I hope you all have an amazing (and awesome) day!!!:goodvibes

heliosmommy 01-20-2012 10:57 AM

Good Morning

Good Morning, all. I hope everyone has a great day today.

I am very new to this site and mostly have been just reading all your posts. What great info! I just wanted to say I tried some of the recipes placed on this site recently and what a welcome change. I really feel like I can not only do this, but even enjoy it!:carrot: One question though, I made the flourless crepes this morning for my daughter and decided to have one instead of my IP pudding. Should I not have my regular dinner and have the pudding then instead or just go about the rest of the day as usual?

Thanks for all the info and inspiration.:D

heliosmommy 01-20-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilySebetka (Post 4180772)
Your WI will be super awesome. Today feels like a day where 99% of everything will be awesome.

LOL, anyhoo... All the schools were canceled today because of the craploads of snow we're getting. My dad also stayed home, and is putting up our new kitchen cabinets! They're hickory with a natural finish and are so pretty! I can't wait until we're done working on our house. We're trying to get it sellable, or at least how our "forever home" should look. We've got a hole in the ceiling of one of our bathrooms for crying out loud. :lol:

My little sister Anna is really sick with the stomach flu, and my parents had to take her to the hospital because she was so dehydrated and weak. I am really hoping I don't get it. That would fail.

I hope you all have an amazing (and awesome) day!!!:goodvibes

Snow...what a distant memory. Seems like winter completely skipped us this year here in Dallas. A "little" snow would be a nice change. Congrats on your new cabinets...home improvement is so fun. Hope you have a great day.

omgzitsmiranda 01-20-2012 11:18 AM

What should I eat for my restricted today? Garlic & onion soy nuts or chocolate soy balls? decisions, decisions ;)

salmongirl 01-20-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bay316 (Post 4180356)
Well had my weigh in yesterday and thought I posted it on yesterday's chat, but could not find it. So will try again...lol. Down another 5.2 lbs, for a total of 29.2 lbs in 5 weeks. Must say I'm feeling pretty good about that. Never thought that I would really stick with it, but I have except for my cheats over Xmas. Hope everyone else had and had great losses as well!!!

That is awesome! I have my first weigh in on tuesday, got my fingers crossed!

whirlygirl72 01-20-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4180502)
So last night I was going to have my last packet for the evening, the cappucino drink, but I had just drank 20 oz of water and the thought of drinking more liquid almost made me sick. I decided to try and make cupcakes with my cappucino packet and all I can say is YUM!!!! Here's the recipe:

1 egg white beaten till frothy but not stiff
about 1/4 tsp of baking powder
1 - 2 tsp of WF caramel syrup
1 cappucino packet

Preheat oven to 350: Beat the egg white until frothy but not stiff...it should still have a somewhat clear appearance, add the baking powder and mix well. Next add the cappucino mix (dry- NOT prepared to drink) mix as well as possible, then add 1 tsp of WF caramel syrup, the batter will be sticky and should be thicker than normal cake batter. If 1 tsp syrup was not enough add 1 more.

I baked mine in mini cupcake pans. I sprayed the pan with olive oil and baked them for 7 minutes. They puffed up like regular cup cakes and only fell a small amount after cooling. This made 7 mini cupcakes.

Thank you! ive been wondering how to make these. Is it ok to eat all seven? lol;)

mamacitaof2 01-20-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 4180700)
Awesome weigh in! :yay: :trampo:

I read your post and looked over to see where in Canada you were. LOL North Dakota is SO close to me! :) I'll wave the next time I go through!

We are close! I actually grew up in a small town an hour from the border. I think Winnepeg is about 1 or two away from there.

We play a lot of Canadians team for our tournaments. Granted we don't win, but we try!

PBNJENNISANDWICH 01-20-2012 11:42 AM

Okay, I need some quick help. I don't have any IP packets and my doctor's office still closed due to our recent weather conditions. I made it through yesterday on some left over packets and only used two of them. Now all I have is a Jello left and a few RTDs. What should I do? I do not want all my work staying OP to be a waste and have to start over. I think we can make it to the local grocery store, (Safeway) but I haven't done much research of alternatives and am not sure what to get. I'm running on limited laptop battery since we're out of power (like the 275,000 others in my area). I just need some quick suggestions so I don't use up all the battery and daylight searching. Thanks you guys!

salmongirl 01-20-2012 11:46 AM

Today is day 8 for me and saying that makes me feel like a new mom again...soon I will be measuring in weeks not days but hopefully not years!

I drove to Missoula yesterday which is 3 hours away and didn't drink all my water because there are not that many bathrooms between Missoula and Salmon! I did stay on the program and found a new (for me ) recipe. Here it is:

1 cup chopped zuchinni (small pieces)
1 cup chopped mushrooms
2 tbsp vinagrette (I used a homemade recipe I found on this website)

I put all ingredients in a baggy and let them marinate all day while I drove and it was yummy by dinner time.

Have a great day everyone!

mompattie 01-20-2012 11:54 AM

OMG!!! Someone here at work has a crockpot plugged in with a scalloped potatoe and ham casserole!!! The smell is making me crazy!!!! I've drank about a million liters of water and now I'm having green tea!!! It's easy to resist the food, I will not ever cheat, but the smell is making me hungry!!!! Argh!!!