Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #16  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning, it's freezing cold here this morning - thank goodness I work from home! I am re-starting IP to lose my holiday pounds and at the same time my husband is following the program using alternative products. Let me just say, he is driving me nuts!! He has not done any reading on the program, he just basically eats what I tell him to eat. The problem is that he is questioning me non-stop! Can I have some cheese? What if I put cream in my coffee, can I just give up my snack? Why do I have to take the vitamins? This bar has 49g carbs, why can't I have it?? C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!! Good thing I love him

While Phase 1 the second time around is proving to be a challenge for me, I have to say it is so much easier when I husband is eating what I eat.

Have a great day, stay warm!
Elissa
Old 01-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #17  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancandy View Post
Dear Wuv

I have read every post of yours for the last 6 weeks, 4 of these weeks i have been on the program. YOU are the reason i am here and on IP, YOU are the reason i have lost 28.5lbs (the most i have ever lost in one shot in my entire fat girl existence) YOU are the reason i know i CAN keep going. YOU are honest and knowledgeable and a dose of reality never hurt anyone. This is why YOU will make a fantastic coach. Please don't change anything, YOU are perfect as you are. I know this by the affectionate way you speak of your boys and the time you take in your life to help everyone on here in a genuine way. I don't know anyone else would have the heart and kindness to do it so diligently, this is definitely your super power and you are totally my hero

Thank you for all you are and all you do

Candy xoxo

p.s. please don't be scared that i e-stalk your posts, i promise my adoration has no creep factor LMAOOOOOOO
Ditto!

I would say the same exact words! Isn't she amazing!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #18  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Thunder Thigh thoughts...

Good morning! It is freezing here today as well-it's -17 degrees! Hope everyone has a great OP day. I am just going right along on this plan and find it extremely easy to stay OP I think because it is so restrictive and no "maybe's" about it. Just straight yes, you can have that and no, you can't have that for the most part. I missed last weeks weigh in due to travelling so I can't wait to see what I will lose this saturday. I do feel like I am "melting" though.
A question I have for those of you who have lost weight and have had a problem with thunder thighs (I have most of my life even when thinner but not nearly as pronounced). Did you find that you lost in that area as well or are you always going to be more pronounced in that area? I am just curious because that is a sore spot with me as it keeps me from smaller sizes a lot of times. I have already gone down in 2 pants sizes and could probably go down another size if not for that area. Then the waist tend to be larger. I have found certain brands that fit well but would love to get rid of the TT.
Any ideas out there that could help me now such as weight training or something else or should I wait a bit? My tracker shows 23#loss but it is closer to 30# unofficially since I haven't weighed in officially.
Thanks for your input.
Reg
Old 01-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #19  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLibE View Post
Good Morning, it's freezing cold here this morning - thank goodness I work from home! I am re-starting IP to lose my holiday pounds and at the same time my husband is following the program using alternative products. Let me just say, he is driving me nuts!! He has not done any reading on the program, he just basically eats what I tell him to eat. The problem is that he is questioning me non-stop! Can I have some cheese? What if I put cream in my coffee, can I just give up my snack? Why do I have to take the vitamins? This bar has 49g carbs, why can't I have it?? C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!! Good thing I love him

While Phase 1 the second time around is proving to be a challenge for me, I have to say it is so much easier when I husband is eating what I eat.

Elissa

Hello Elissa,

I totally hear you in here! Not that my husband is doing the same diet I am doing, but for the questioning part! God! It is like everybody questions you for everything, it is like, you can't eat like this, it is not healthy, it is all artificial, why don't you eat real food instead, blah blah blah! And you know what the answer to WHY I don't eat real food instead of this is that I tried every diet on earth with real food and it did NOT work for me, you name it from Weight Watcher to Atkins, to Nutrisystem and to everything in between, I tried and this is the ONLY diet that WORKS!

My husband is a triathlete and now that he is back to intensly train every day for his half iron man competition, he is taking the same shakes that I am using as my alternatives, the whey isolate that I buy, I take half a scoop and he takes a full scoop, so he is not questioning the food I eat, but it is like he is always scared I would not make it all the way through (which I totally understand, since I stopped and cheated on many occasion) but I know I can do this, and this time I don't want to stop before reaching my goal weight and after that I will work on maintenance for the rest of my life, I know that for sure, but for a reason, he is always scared I would not do it, but I know I will.

So, good luck to you, and when your husband questions you, why don't you let him read the book from the dr. who created this diet, you can download it from here, it is at the beginning of every day chat, this way he will get more acquainted with the protocol.

We can do this Positive energy
Old 01-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
Good morning! It is freezing here today as well-it's -17 degrees! Hope everyone has a great OP day. I am just going right along on this plan and find it extremely easy to stay OP I think because it is so restrictive and no "maybe's" about it. Just straight yes, you can have that and no, you can't have that for the most part. I missed last weeks weigh in due to travelling so I can't wait to see what I will lose this saturday. I do feel like I am "melting" though.
A question I have for those of you who have lost weight and have had a problem with thunder thighs (I have most of my life even when thinner but not nearly as pronounced). Did you find that you lost in that area as well or are you always going to be more pronounced in that area? I am just curious because that is a sore spot with me as it keeps me from smaller sizes a lot of times. I have already gone down in 2 pants sizes and could probably go down another size if not for that area. Then the waist tend to be larger. I have found certain brands that fit well but would love to get rid of the TT.
Any ideas out there that could help me now such as weight training or something else or should I wait a bit? My tracker shows 23#loss but it is closer to 30# unofficially since I haven't weighed in officially.
Thanks for your input.
Reg
That's a great question! I too have been "blessed" with t-thighs... Since IP targets fat loss, I'm hoping it would hit all areas equally. Any maintainers or graduates of Phases have any insight on this?
Old 01-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'5'

Well, Good Morning Everyone! This is day 10 for me, I am on the Do It Yourself IP Plan. I have had a slip up, had 1 cup of ham and beans for dinner the other night. I had only one shake and lots of water etc that day to eat so I splurged. oops I also had 3 sugar free gummy bears after dinner the night before last. I still am loosing, was 191 now last night was 179. First 4 or 5 days killed me. I wanted to eat the paint off the wall! Now I feel great, energy has picked up! I do get on my cardio machine for 20 minutes. Just a light sweat, nothing drastic for now. Had a taco salad minus the shell and cheese. It was great. Can we have any beans on this phase one? Like black beans? There is a drink called MIO, you squirt it in water, its yummy. There are no cal, no carb, no sugars, no fat. Anyone else tried it? Haven't been in the 170's for 4 years, I am so excited! oh ya- how do I put a little # lost scale at the bottom of my pages? You know, the cute little scale?

Last edited by wyo1963; 01-19-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #22  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
Thanks for your input.
Reg
oh the Thunder Thighs!! lol - I found that I lost my weight very equally on my body - it didn't come off one area at a time. That being said, my thighs are still large... family genes I think. Does your coach measure your thighs, hips, knees, etc? Mine does, and it's nice because it gives you the WHOLE picture.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #23  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo1963 View Post
Well, Good Morning Everyone! This is day 10 for me, I am on the Do It Yourself IP Plan. I have had a slip up, had 2 cup of ham and beans for dinner the other night. I had only one shake and lots of water etc to eat so I splurged. oops I also had 3 sugar free gummy bears after dinner the night before last. I still am loosing, was 191 now last night was 179. First 4 or 5 days killed me. I wanted to eat the paint off the wall! Now I feel great. I do get on my cardio machine for 20 minutes. Just a light sweat, nothing drastic for now. Had a taco salad minus the shell and cheese. It was great. Can we have any beans on this phase one? Like black beans? Haven't been in the 170's for 4 years, I am so excited!
Hello,

No, we cannot have beans on Phase I.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #24  

Quote:

Elissa
Well at least he's on it with you. My fiance' isn't, but he is supportive! I wanted to tackle him for the cheese he had on his taco salad last night. If I was on a desert island, I would take cheese, bread and potatoes.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello,

No, we cannot have beans on Phase I.
thanks.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
That's a great question! I too have been "blessed" with t-thighs... Since IP targets fat loss, I'm hoping it would hit all areas equally. Any maintainers or graduates of Phases have any insight on this?
I have thunder thighs also. My unofficial weigh in this week is down another 5lbs, but I've only lost 1 inch in my thighs. I just assumed that since it's my trouble area, that would be the last place I would see the most results.Mine is definately genetics! Presonally, I'm just happy I'm loosing weight and inches and seeing a difference in my body!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Veggie Question

The select vegetables list includes cabbage but then shows in parenthesis red, pak choi and bok choy. Is just regular green cabbage allowed?
Old 01-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo1963 View Post
There is a drink called MIO, you squirt it in water, its yummy. There are no cal, no carb, no sugars, no fat. Anyone else tried it?
I know Wuv has MIO, and I just bought some yesterday. I love the berry pomegranate, and the sweet tea is okay. I never really liked sweet tea to begin with, but the MIO version is satisfactory. I just like having a drink that isn't water! LOL.

This could be considered a NSV-I actually like my coffee black and I'm not tempted by the peanut M&M's that I bought my dad (he's been in a really poopy mood this week). I used to always have my coffee with a ton of French Vanilla creamer, but it tastes fine black with no additives. Peanut M&M's are the only kind I would eat, but now I'm like "eh." I'm very proud of myself! :P
Old 01-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #29  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
oh the Thunder Thighs!! lol - I found that I lost my weight very equally on my body - it didn't come off one area at a time. That being said, my thighs are still large... family genes I think. Does your coach measure your thighs, hips, knees, etc? Mine does, and it's nice because it gives you the WHOLE picture.
LaLibe,
Yes she does measure every week but I can't remember what I have lost there specifically. I will be sure to pay attention this week though. I have lost most in my hips and chest (naturally). I was just hoping that the actual shape of that area would change somewhat. I don't mind curvy but there is a difference-LOL. It runs in my family too so maybe it isn't meant to be but I am not giving up hope just yet!
Thank youl.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #30  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancandy View Post
Dear Wuv

I have read every post of yours for the last 6 weeks, 4 of these weeks i have been on the program. YOU are the reason i am here and on IP, YOU are the reason i have lost 28.5lbs (the most i have ever lost in one shot in my entire fat girl existence) YOU are the reason i know i CAN keep going. YOU are honest and knowledgeable and a dose of reality never hurt anyone. This is why YOU will make a fantastic coach. Please don't change anything, YOU are perfect as you are. I know this by the affectionate way you speak of your boys and the time you take in your life to help everyone on here in a genuine way. I don't know anyone else would have the heart and kindness to do it so diligently, this is definitely your super power and you are totally my hero

Thank you for all you are and all you do

Candy xoxo

p.s. please don't be scared that i e-stalk your posts, i promise my adoration has no creep factor LMAOOOOOOO
I ditto this as well, I've learnt so much from Wuv, more than my coach at times and she is always there if you need a question answered or a pick me up. She is such an inspiration and she will always will be to each and everyone one of us!!!
Closed Thread