Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

The first time I did the diet i found that it was the thick puddings that made me gag. I now stick with the drinks. I even make the raspberry jelly with warm water (8ounces) and drink it warm. It goes down easy, warms me up and is not many calories for an evening snack.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #167  
Started IP 9/12/2011

S/C/G: 288/184/150

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renewing Myself View Post
I have my first weight in this morning, I am pretty excited!!

IKP888 - let me know if you can order it online, I would be interested in trying it as well.

I have had a good week. Veggies are still my tough spot, I need to spend some time reading recipes and trying new things. We had asparagus the other night and hubby and daughter both liked it, that is one that I have never cooked. Maybe I can get some recipes from my coach today.
The veggies were really hard for me at first too. I don't like raw veggies at all. I eat basically the same veggies (or rotation of veggies) most of the time now. My favorites are Kale chips (the ones you make with vinegar and oil), the fried "rice" cauliflower, chicken noodle soup without chicken and filled with whatever veggies I have on hand, so it's really more like a veggie soup and german coleslaw. All of these recipes I found on this site in the recipe section. I have many more that I'd like to try too. It takes a lot of time, but it is so exciting once you find something you love! These are all things I will keep eating even when I don't have to anymore! Good luck!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkssweetie View Post
Iam starting week 3 of IP. My weigh in today was canceled due to weather but my home scale says 1.5 pounds down. this is my second time on IP. The first time i did it with my teenage son and lost about 35 pounds. We quit before going through all of the phases and of course gained the weight back. I am struggling staying OP. Some days are great and there have been a couple that I have really blown. I am glad to have found others here to have a support system. I lost it slowly the first time so I am trying to not be discouraged at small numbers this time.
Hi sweetie;
I think those of us built closer to the ground tend to lose slower. Just speaking from my personal experience though. Just keep on trucking and the numbers do add up.

Good luck!

Pat
Old 01-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #169  
Started IP 9/12/2011

S/C/G: 288/184/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survalia View Post
I have a question for those who have been at it for a while: How many pounds did you lose before people who did not know you were dieting started to notice??

I have lost 21 pounds, and I sure notice, but no one else seems to. I know there are some reasons for this -- I am still wearing the same clothes for the most part, and they are heavy sweaters, etc., because of the weather. Also, I am allergic to exercise so I am pretty saggy, and it HAS been coming off pretty slowly, but jeepers it would feel good if someone said something!!
I am nearing 70 pounds lost and I still have some friends (pretty good friends at that) who haven't said a word!!!! Don't know if they haven't noticed or just haven't said anything. I feel great and that's all that matters! Hang in there!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

Thanks Pat I needed that encouragement. People were talking earlier today about what they put in their water. i too don't like plain water and have found true lemon, true lime, and true orange they have no sugar in them but stevia added works too. I find them online or at the grocery store. The company just came out with true grapefruit and sent me a couple to try. I loved them with the stevia, very refreshing!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassfedbeef View Post
I am nearing 70 pounds lost and I still have some friends (pretty good friends at that) who haven't said a word!!!! Don't know if they haven't noticed or just haven't said anything. I feel great and that's all that matters! Hang in there!
While I was losing weight, lots of people were hesitant to tell me something because they weren't sure if I was trying to lose weight or if I was sick. Congratulations on losing nearly 70 pounds. That is a major accomplishment.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 244/231.2/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
I'd like to live in a bubble so that once I'm over pneumonia, I never ever EVER catch it again x.x This is the worst feeling in the world! D; Today I can barely speak. Tomorrow I finally will be able to get my antibiotics. I don't know how long it's going to take me to get over this (it's regular pneumonia, not walking pneumonia), but it's disheartening that it could be a month or more. Then when I'm not sick anymore, my weight will likely go back up and I'll have to start all over ):
Plan on a good 4-6 weeks to be fully recovered. Your antibiotics should help a lot...you will just feel weak. I understand how awful you feel...it seems Like you will never be healthy again...but you will! be patient, rest and focus on getting better!!! Take care

Last edited by Gardengurl71; 01-19-2012 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Auto correct...ugh!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #173  

Height: 5' 4.5"

Back on track after goofing up yesterday...Feels so good to have learned my lesson - and not wanting to return to that awful feeling of being off-program (and getting headaches back). Hope everyone else had a great day!
Old 01-20-2012, 01:35 AM   #174  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki4me View Post
Back on track after goofing up yesterday...Feels so good to have learned my lesson - and not wanting to return to that awful feeling of being off-program (and getting headaches back). Hope everyone else had a great day!
Good job getting back at er!!! Getting yourself up and dusted off can sometimes be the hardest part, and you did just that!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:16 AM   #175  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
OMG!!!!.....I just put on a pair of sweat pants that are.....OMG....XL....size XL....NO number in from of the XL....OMG!!!!!....5XL sweat pants were TIGHT ON ME when I started...OMG OMG OMG!!!!.....sorry just a little excited right now....hahahha
YAY!!! WTG WUV!!! I think this totally just made my evening!!!

I continue to watch as people succeed on a daily basis and I'm just blown away by all of this! I think this place is the reason so many people succeed....especially when we have people who are so like you who continue to always make us smile and uplift us and give us tough love when we need it! Keep going girl...keep moving forward!!! Onward and upward we all will go!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:26 AM   #176  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkssweetie View Post
The first time I did the diet i found that it was the thick puddings that made me gag. I now stick with the drinks. I even make the raspberry jelly with warm water (8ounces) and drink it warm. It goes down easy, warms me up and is not many calories for an evening snack.
I had the same reaction to the puddings; and found them way too sweet. Then I started to add 16 ounces of water instead of 8. Some people add 10-12 and ice cubes plus blender. WoW, what a difference. A nice creamy shake, twice as much water than the ready made, and many puddings are lower carb than the other products. A really win win for me. Plus, I really like them that way.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #177  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
OMG!!!!.....I just put on a pair of sweat pants that are.....OMG....XL....size XL....NO number in from of the XL....OMG!!!!!....5XL sweat pants were TIGHT ON ME when I started...OMG OMG OMG!!!!.....sorry just a little excited right now....hahahha
That is amazing Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemsham View Post
I just finished a lunch meeting, not only was there fresh pizza involved - I had to pick the pizza up and deliver it.

Kept chugging water and didn't have a piece but boy was that hard

~Tammy
OMG...That would have so hard for me. Pizza is one of my favorite food groups and I'm not sure If I would be able to handle it. That sounds like a NSV to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
WI #3 today - the good news is I made it under the 250 mark. Yay!

I'm a little disappointed that I only lost 3 lbs. this week, but I'll take it. I lost 17 lbs. during my first 2 weeks, so I was hoping for more.

Does anyone know of any special "tricks" on how to maximize pounds lost without exercising? (my coach says not to)
Great job on getting below 250. You shouldn't be disappointed with ONLY a 3 lbs weight loss. That is 3 lbs you will no longer have to carry around. You should be proud of yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
I am really excited about two things.

1. Getting a signature. For some reason the visual of the ticker is really powerful.

2. I hit mini-goal #1. I wanted to see the number 1 as the 3rd digit on the scale and I did. The next part of that goal is to see the number 4 as my second digit. The reason this first goal is so important to me is because that is the lowest I have been in years. No matter what I did I just could not get below that. I did over the summer but it came back. So, I was really excited when I saw it on the scale the other day. I set another number for my next mini goal.
Congrats on meeting your mini goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
I'd like to live in a bubble so that once I'm over pneumonia, I never ever EVER catch it again x.x This is the worst feeling in the world! D; Today I can barely speak. Tomorrow I finally will be able to get my antibiotics. I don't know how long it's going to take me to get over this (it's regular pneumonia, not walking pneumonia), but it's disheartening that it could be a month or more. Then when I'm not sick anymore, my weight will likely go back up and I'll have to start all over ):
I am sorry to hear that you are so sick. You need to cxoncentrate on getting better because that is the most important thing right now. You can restart the program when you are better and we will all be here to support you.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 190.8/158/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo1963 View Post
Take care! Welcome to the normal weather in WY. Sucks cuz your not used to it though! Put on a bike helmet and stay away from the trees! Good time to bond with the BF! or a good book! Be safe!
HI,

I've always wanted to visit WY, haven't made it there yet. Probably in the summer, though I think.

We survived the last of the snow storm. Now comes the rain. And floods.

The good news is that I have stayed on plan through all of this, even though I am so tired of being in the house with nothing to do (Well, there's plenty to do, just nothing appealing). Weigh in is tomorrow, so we shall see what the effect of staying home all week is.

Thanks (again) to all of you who have posted here. I am very encouraged this time around.

Heidi
Old 01-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 190.8/158/150

Quote:
Wow WUV, you are such an inspiration!!!

I hope one day that I will feel comfortable enough to post pictures.

Heidi
Closed Thread