IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/19/12

You're on Page 11 of 12
Go to
  • Quote: 3lbs at this weigh in is amazing! you should be proud! the other 17 pounds were a combo of lots of water weight [if you weren't dieting prior to this]!

there's no real tricks I don't believe. it's just how your body loses lol.
    Thanks - that helps

I'll just have to be patient and make sure I stay OP. Reading this daily thread and getting some kind words of encouragement really wants me to keep going. You guys are pretty awesome!
  • Quote: You click the + button beside the regular quote button, THEN when you want to add another one, click the + beside it and THEN the "quote" button
    Quote: I just finished a lunch meeting, not only was there fresh pizza involved - I had to pick the pizza up and deliver it.

Kept chugging water and didn't have a piece but boy was that hard

~Tammy
    WAY TO GO!!! That would be super hard, and then have that pizza smell lingering in your car all day....ugh. But Wuv said it best: The food will be there when we're done!! You should be proud of yourself!! Way to stick to your goals!!
  • First Mini Goal
    I am really excited about two things.

1. Getting a signature. For some reason the visual of the ticker is really powerful.

2. I hit mini-goal #1. I wanted to see the number 1 as the 3rd digit on the scale and I did. The next part of that goal is to see the number 4 as my second digit. The reason this first goal is so important to me is because that is the lowest I have been in years. No matter what I did I just could not get below that. I did over the summer but it came back. So, I was really excited when I saw it on the scale the other day. I set another number for my next mini goal.
  • Hello,

Well, missing my daughter (went back to Cali where it is warm). I have to get back on Phase I, but just not there yet.

patns - laughed out loud at "what is your coach smoking?" I was thinking the same thing.

I stayed OP for 5 months & my loss averaged out to 1.75/wk. I have hypothyroid too. My coach thought I must of been cheating, but then over the long run, she was very happy with me. I guess if you have smaller losses, they think you are cheating. But I don't think post-meno, hypothyroid woman lose at the upper range, unless they have alot to lose.

Keep warm, my neighbors to the North and for you all in Seattle, whoa, just stay safe!
  • Hey guys...congrats on everything. great job. plz dnt beat up urselves if u didnt lose a whole lot of weight yet...remember its a process......
    anyway, this is day 11 for me and im down 9 pounds already.......thank GOD! im sooo tired...jus got in and im sooo tired....anyway, im gonna watch biggest loser now so laterr!
  • yuuuup
  • I'd like to live in a bubble so that once I'm over pneumonia, I never ever EVER catch it again x.x This is the worst feeling in the world! D; Today I can barely speak. Tomorrow I finally will be able to get my antibiotics. I don't know how long it's going to take me to get over this (it's regular pneumonia, not walking pneumonia), but it's disheartening that it could be a month or more. Then when I'm not sick anymore, my weight will likely go back up and I'll have to start all over ):
  • Quote: I'd like to live in a bubble so that once I'm over pneumonia, I never ever EVER catch it again x.x This is the worst feeling in the world! D; Today I can barely speak. Tomorrow I finally will be able to get my antibiotics. I don't know how long it's going to take me to get over this (it's regular pneumonia, not walking pneumonia), but it's disheartening that it could be a month or more. Then when I'm not sick anymore, my weight will likely go back up and I'll have to start all over ):
    Poor Backdrop... Feel better soon! Pneumonia really sucks.
  • Quote: OMG!!!!.....I just put on a pair of sweat pants that are.....OMG....XL....size XL....NO number in from of the XL....OMG!!!!!....5XL sweat pants were TIGHT ON ME when I started...OMG OMG OMG!!!!.....sorry just a little excited right now....hahahha
    How Awesome!
    Quote: Congrats on getting through that, I know my mouth waters when my son brings home pizza. I KNOW when I have my first CHEAT when I get to Maintanence I am going to Pizza hut and having a Super Supreme Pan pizza!!!....lol
    My husband ordered Pizza hut for him and the kids last month before he left again and it was pure torture for me. I went into our bedroom and shut the door while they ate. I've decided if I ever loose my will power it's going to be over a super supreme pan pizza or Mama Tia's tortilla chips. Thankfully, I haven't had to face these two demons on low will power days or I'd be a goner.
  • Quote: OMG!!!!.....I just put on a pair of sweat pants that are.....OMG....XL....size XL....NO number in from of the XL....OMG!!!!!....5XL sweat pants were TIGHT ON ME when I started...OMG OMG OMG!!!!.....sorry just a little excited right now....hahahha
    You're doing AMAZING!!!!! Pretty soon there won't even be an X!!!
    Keep on doing what you're doing girl!!!!!!
  • Quote: How Awesome!

My husband ordered Pizza hut for him and the kids last month before he left again and it was pure torture for me. I went into our bedroom and shut the door while they ate. I've decided if I ever loose my will power it's going to be over a super supreme pan pizza or Mama Tia's tortilla chips. Thankfully, I haven't had to face these two demons on low will power days or I'd be a goner.
    Mine is pizza and chinese food!
  • That was my first cheat day treat. I ordered the personal pan pizza and ate the whole thing with a salad. LOL!!!!
  • WI #2 today -2!! Past two days I've been a little off I think TOM is creeping up on me. Had a viscious headache today, kinda rained on my -2 lbs parade lol
  • Iam starting week 3 of IP. My weigh in today was canceled due to weather but my home scale says 1.5 pounds down. this is my second time on IP. The first time i did it with my teenage son and lost about 35 pounds. We quit before going through all of the phases and of course gained the weight back. I am struggling staying OP. Some days are great and there have been a couple that I have really blown. I am glad to have found others here to have a support system. I lost it slowly the first time so I am trying to not be discouraged at small numbers this time.
  • First WI today, and I'm down 7 lbs and 5 inches! So flippin' proud of myself.

Question: I've been very nauseated in the evenings. I'm so full throughout the day that I can't eat all of my food. I've tried spacing things out, but I literally gag the food down. Are these two connected? Any trips or tricks? I still have one more packet to go for the day...ugh...I don't think I can do it.

Also...tried the zucchini chips tonight, and they didn't get crispy...are they supposed to? I want something crunchy for the weekend!