Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfie girl View Post
I have just started IP and this is my second day and oh by this is tough. I tip my hat to each one of you. I love this form and I find it keeps me positive. I do have one question, does anyone ever have the puddings for their lunch. I really hate the soups.
WELCOME! It gets easier - PROMISE! Drink lots of water, eat your veggies and follow the program to a T and you will come out on the other side feeling great!

I have pudding almost everyday for lunch. Right now I am having a Pina Colada and boy is it yummy! You don't have to have 'lunch' items at lunch. I tried and tried the soups all different ways - ICK! Here's a smaple menu:

B: Cappucino
S: Cucumber
L: Pudding/drink salad/veggies
D: 8 oz meat, veggies
S: Pudding or Jello or Drink
Old 01-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 268/258.5/150

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello Elissa,

I read about your struggles coming back OP! Good luck and YES, you said it: we CAN do it
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
UUUUUUUhhhhh! I can't believe what a There is a nutrition place not far from where I work called GNC and they sell RTD protein shakes, I will go there and buy two, one for my lunch and one for my 3 pm snack, then once I arrive home, I will eat the prepared salad and then will prepare my supper as usually.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Hi, you were on the real OP and then switched to alternate. Are you getting the same success?
Old 01-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 197/177/130

Height: 5'6"

Just finished my first week and am so excited. 10 lbs lost! Certainly it was not easy the first few days, but I'm glad I stuck with it. Today I get to take my father to see the bariatric surgeon whom he is begging for a gastric bypass even though he is too large to have one safely. Talk about inspiration to hang in there.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #94  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliosmommy View Post
Just finished my first week and am so excited. 10 lbs lost! Certainly it was not easy the first few days, but I'm glad I stuck with it. Today I get to take my father to see the bariatric surgeon whom he is begging for a gastric bypass even though he is too large to have one safely. Talk about inspiration to hang in there.
Proud of you! way to go!
Old 01-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #95  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

COUPONS!

I know this is "off topic" but if anyone has any coupons that they do not want or will not use, could you please either comment me here or PM me! I'm interested in any & all coupons Thank you!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #96  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
I had muscle aches on the back of my thighs in the second/third week. It was only for a day or two and it went away.
Good to know. Thank you. It was just so odd. I thought I was getting lean already.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #97  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
S

But, are muscle aches normal?
This could be a potassium deficiency. If you aren't tracking what you eat, you might consider doing that for a week to see if you're getting about 4,700 mg a day. And don't forget the omega 3s either, OK?

Funny what you said about the typing. Don't we wish?!

Last edited by Linden; 01-17-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #98  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
I have just started IP and this is my second day and oh by this is tough. I tip my hat to each one of you. I love this form and I find it keeps me positive. I do have one question, does anyone ever have the puddings for their lunch. I really hate the soups.
The first 3 to 4 days are really hard, but then the 5th or 6th day you will wake up in the morning and feel SO much better. Just keep on hanging in there and once you are into ketosis life gets much better. I only like the chicken soup, but yes you can have pudding at any meal, well other than dinner of course. Welcome to IP.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #99  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by segosia View Post
Hi, you were on the real OP and then switched to alternate. Are you getting the same success?

Hello,

Yes, I am getting the same exact success. My non-success is related to me taking a break over the holiday period. I also once took a small break when I thought I was pregnant. But once I am doing the program 100% I always lose weight, one week I even lost 9.5 pounds. So, it is not the IP products that makes you lose the weight, it is the protocol itself. When I try to explain to my friends what I am doing I always say, it is like taking Advil the brand name or taking Ibuprofene.

Having said that, before switching to alternatives since my budget was so tight, I did lots and LOTS of searching and reading, I saved the IP sheets, the supplement sheets, the nutritional value sheet and every sheet I could find in here, and I never went shopping without taking the sheet with me so I can compare.

Everything I buy is so close to the nutritional value of IP.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinique125 View Post
great job Dana, I miss working out myself but know if if I do cardio I won't lose.
Why is it that the cardio stops the weight loss? I understand that our body goes into starvation mode because of the low calories we consume, but I have added an additional package when I work out.. 1/2 before and 1/2 after and I make sure to keep my heart rate in the 65% range but anytime I add exercise my weight loss stalls. I do the 30 minute Curves workout which combines strength and cardio. I really want to add exercise back because I had been doing Curves for a year prior to starting IP.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 197/177/130

Congrats! That's great.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #102  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme1 View Post
you can help it along by taking a little vinegar in water.

Actually, I did this today because I LIKE it; and have done it for years, just when I feel like it, though, not for health or dietary reasons. 2 oz cider vinegar and 10-12 ounces of cold water plus, if I'm light on sodium for the day, a little sea salt. I honestly can't think of a more refreshing drink. (Yeah, yeah, weird by some people's standards. That's never been a big issue for me. )
Old 01-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

hey everyone. Just checking in... good day today One week three. Feeling good and still as motivated as I was on day one!

nsv today, my clothes are becoming looser and looser. It is a great feeling!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #104  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Yes you can, you can also make your pudding into shakes by adding 8-10oz of water instead then add some ice cubes to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliosmommy View Post
Has your dad ever considered what you are doing or does he not have the willpower to do it? I have a friend that had the sleeve done and I am losing faster than she is

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 01-17-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #105  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles1330 View Post
Can someone please explain what MiO is, and where it can be found?
Thanks!
http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/

That will give you an idea of what to look for and even has a tab for where to buy it. Good luck!
Closed Thread