Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

I really wanted to put this on the daily thread. I think this is a great nutritional sheet posted on another thread by NavyMommy. If you look it over you will see the carb count, fiber, etc and for me it will be more helpful in making decisions for the week if I have had a smaller loss. I printed it off and put on my fridge.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #137  

Sorry it helps if I actually post the link.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...fact-sheet.pdf
Old 01-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 243/197/170

Height: 5'10"

Second day down...WOOT! I felt a lot better today! Slight headache, but I wasn't nearly as hungry, and I haven't felt nauseous at all today! I got all of my water in before 2 pm, so I'm having a big glass of mio now! (i know it's allowed, but I like to think of it as a treat if I'm a good girl!) I had to go into the office today, so I packed my little bag of food and ate in the cafe with my friends. One of them was eating chicken fried rice (MEANIE!) and instead of wishing how I could have some, I started thinking how I could make something similar that is IP friendly! I missed my call from my coach, so I hope she calls back. I have questions. I did spend about 30 minutes today defending myself for choosing this diet, but after hearing all the negative comments and defending myself, I felt even more confident about the success I am going to see. I started a blog when I started the program. What are the rules for posting links?
Old 01-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #139  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icathinme View Post
Second day down...WOOT! I felt a lot better today! Slight headache, but I wasn't nearly as hungry, and I haven't felt nauseous at all today! I got all of my water in before 2 pm, so I'm having a big glass of mio now! (i know it's allowed, but I like to think of it as a treat if I'm a good girl!) I had to go into the office today, so I packed my little bag of food and ate in the cafe with my friends. One of them was eating chicken fried rice (MEANIE!) and instead of wishing how I could have some, I started thinking how I could make something similar that is IP friendly! I missed my call from my coach, so I hope she calls back. I have questions. I did spend about 30 minutes today defending myself for choosing this diet, but after hearing all the negative comments and defending myself, I felt even more confident about the success I am going to see. I started a blog when I started the program. What are the rules for posting links?
If its for your blog you can post it
Old 01-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #140  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
If its for your blog you can post it
Horray! Check me out! I even have brutally honest pictures.

http://good-byefatty.blogspot.com/
Old 01-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #141  

Quote:
People like to tell me how awful this diet is for my health too. I have to chuckle when I think of how I used to eat. Because I know that wasn't healthy for me! So personally I have decided to not tell people I am on IP rather I tell them that I had some issues at my last check up (Cholesterol, BP, etc ~ Which wasn't a lie) and I am having a more restricted food intake to improve my overall health. Then they are like oh ok. Otherwise, I have to hear the "you know you'll just gain it all back when you eat normal again". Yeah, whatever!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
People like to tell me how awful this diet is for my health too. I have to chuckle when I think of how I used to eat. Because I know that wasn't healthy for me! So personally I have decided to not tell people I am on IP rather I tell them that I had some issues at my last check up (Cholesterol, BP, etc ~ Which wasn't a lie) and I am having a more restricted food intake to improve my overall health. Then they are like oh ok. Otherwise, I have to hear the "you know you'll just gain it all back when you eat normal again". Yeah, whatever!
Too bad we can't all just make our own little village and stay there until we are done...then emerge skinny and sexy! Darn naysayers anyhow.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 207/179/165

Height: 5'9"

Smile Ketosis?

Hi all, new to this support group. Started IP 9 days ago and all is well. Haven't cheated at all. Went through three days of headaches and fatigue but now am waking up easier and have more energy throughout day. It's awesome. I began at 204 and now am at 200. When will I enter ketosis? I don't have smelly breath or urine so I'm not sure if I've entered it yet. Also, IP info sheets say soy sauce is ok but has carbs...Another thing, should I weigh my meat before it's cooked or after?
Thanks
Joni
Old 01-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #144  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

Yesterday was my 2d WI.....down 4 lbs and I think she said 12% fat. I am remaining focused and feeling great. Even working night shifts I am staying OP.....Everyone here is keeping me motivated and I love reading yor messages.....Way To Go everyone!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #145  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

can anyone tell me how to bake cabbage?

I've never done it before... I always fried it!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
My college classes started again. Yay. I'm hoping that I will end this semester a lot thinner than when i started. I just really need to get a job. Quick question though: my mom bought some "cheese" that is made from soy&veggies (no dairy) and it has 2.5g fat, but is 0s elsewhere. Do y'all think I should use it or not? i can't really decide.
Where did you mom get this cheese? i'd like to try it
Old 01-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
Some people have said the same thing to me. But i dont think I will gain it back... my friends mom did adkins, which i know is different then this, but everyone said you gain it back after adkins and she never did. She lost 100 and something pounds and she is still 130 pounds years later. i mean i think it depends on the person. Yeah, if i go back to pizza for breakfast, a 12 inch hoagie for lunch and a giant plate of rigatoni and meatballs for dinner everyday then YES I WILL be almost 300 pounds again. This diet is doing more for me than just helping me lose weight, it's teaching me to eat in moderation and not BULK.

Nonbelievers irritate me!! lol
Old 01-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #148  
INACTIVE

Hi Everybody,

I'm happy to read everyone's posts and I checked out your blog, Icathinme--your writing is very honest and you are totally ready to do this! I had a small loss this week, but it's a loss and came with another 1/2 inch off my chest, which is great. My non restricted week was pretty much a bust, and the drink I had over the weekend didn't do anything positive in the weight loss category, either. So, this week, I will add some restricted bars back in and see how it goes.
I tried WF marinara last night, and although the color is a little scary (really red), it was a decent substitute! I am excited to use it in meatloaf and maybe even some spanish rice. I got the miracle rice and noodles yesterday, but didn't try them yet. I found shiritaki noodles in my store today and got some of the fettucine size and made chicken pad thai! Very interesting. The fishy smell went away after a good rinse and I used my new DaVinci peanut syrup to give the sauce sweetness and a hint of peanut flavor. I'm so happy bean sprouts are on the list. It turned out pretty well for my first attempt and I will definitely try it again. Lots of NSV's in my closet today, so I am not going to be disappointed with my loss this week.
Congratulations to everyone who stayed OP, to those struggling--hang in there, and welcome to all of the new people!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #149  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Where did you mom get this cheese? i'd like to try it
Stay away from the Veggie Cheese... Coach won't allow it. It's 40 extra calories per slice, and since it has fat you're only going to sabotage your efforts.
Good news, though - that same company makes a Parmesan topping that's okay 1 tsp every so often per my coach. Like after you've been good and OP for a few days.

Just think about how awesome real cheese will taste when you can have it again. I prefer staying OP until I'm in maintenance. I'll get there faster without the "little cheats".

Keep up the good work all!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #150  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Quote:
When people give me the going over about this diet, I ask them "How do you eat?" do you junk food, processed food, what do you put in your body, because what i'm putting in my body is alot healthier than what your putting in yours and i'm doing this for "ME" and not for "YOU". Doesn't matter what you do everyone has their opinion and really when it comes down to it, it's our opinion that really matters and I think that we have choose the "LAST DIET" to be on.

Also if you look on the recipe threads there is a recipe for Fried Rice using cauliflower I believe, if not I have one that I can send you.
Closed Thread