Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #61  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylynn View Post
Hi Lorilou -

Others just posted and I've found too, I cannot eat the cereal or shakes for breakfast. They are too sweet for me (and I love sweets) but I think they trigger an insulin response for me. If I start the day with the cereal, I'd be starving all day!

I've noticed if I have the omelette, I almost forget to eat lunch. Today I made the IP pudding into waffles and that was filling and kept the hunger away. It could be that I added two egg whites to make the recipe.

Keep mixing it up until you find what works for you. I've seen that some people eat the same thing day after day and others need to change it up or they get bored.

Look at it as an adventure of finding out about what works for your body for now and the futue.

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac36 View Post
Lorilou, I like having my snack 'restricted' bar mid morning instead of in the evening, that helps me out.
Thanks! I may have to try that.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #62  
Started IP 1/1/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammycorkum View Post
I started IP on Sunday so this is day 3, I am seriously ready to give up.
I feel horrible, headaches ( did the seasalt out of palm), nausea and crazy bm's (sorry). I have been following plan and am determined to lose weight, just need some help to keep me going.
Do not give up. You can do this! It's hard a first but you will feel better. Just think how much better you will feel when you start to lose the weight. I lost 9.6 lbs my first week and other have lost more. From what I have seem on this site people have lost a lot of weight sticking to thios plan so be strong. We will support you
Old 01-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #63  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps!!!!
Weigh in # 8 and I am proud to announce that another 2.2 pounds have bit the dust!!!! I am almost out of the 190's, woo hoo

I have made it 2 months on this "diet" and I am so proud of myself for sticking thru it. I really don't miss the "food" as much as I thought I would and the thought of cheating has not crossed my mind yet. I am so thankful that I found this site and all of you. Ya'll have made it so much easier to stick to it and push onward. Reading the posts and watching everyone's progress daily has helped tremendously!!! And I would like to Thank each and everyone of you... And I am so looking forward to coninuing my journey with you.
Awesome job.....2 months flew by didn't it? I know my 7 months have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Good morning . I am struggling a little in the mornings with hunger. I have the rice cereal but am still hungry. How do some of you make it through the morning on so little food? Thanks!
Eat some veggies between breakfast and lunch, like snack on them instead of saving 2 cups for lunch..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Congrats, Dana, and you are so right about the scale. Also, you know if Wuv catches you saying "only" before a weight loss you're in big trouble! LOL While I do enjoy seeing the number on the scale move down, I am also enjoying the NSV's just as much if not more.
LOL.....not in trouble just don't like it in front of a loss...its a NEGATIVE word and I don't like Negativity....lol

Quote:
I feel horrible, headaches ( did the seasalt out of palm), nausea and crazy bm's (sorry). I have been following plan and am determined to lose weight, just need some help to keep me going.
Hang in here Tammy its going to get better, you have to hang in there at least a week or 2 to see the results. Once you see the result and feel them you will be happy you stuck with it.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #64  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Totally normal, hang in there. You are almost there. You have to go through the withdrawals to get to the other side. The sea salt never worked for me, I ended up with Tylenol to make the headaches go away. Eat an extra packet if you need, drink lots of water and herbal tea. Get lots of rest too. For me it all felt like going through a drug withdrawal and that's why I've never cheated. Who want's to feel like this again.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac36 View Post
I don't know if Fresh and Easy is a cross country store, but, the Fresh and Easy Spiced Herbal Tea is wonderful and only $2.28 a box. It's a tasty deal!
Is Fresh & Easy a brand or a store? If it is a store, then we don't have it around here but if it is a brand, then I will have to check the stores out to see if any of them carry it. The Celestial tea was only $2.38 (I got it at Walmart) so it was only a dime more than the Fresh & Easy tea. But thanks for the suggestion.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #66  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I don't necessarily feel "great" but honestly I don't feel as bad as yesterday. Have you tried taking some Advil? The salt in the palm trick didn't work for me at all. I just had to sleep it off, but I still kind of feel "weird". So hopefully it will only get better

Don't give up! I'm sure you will be feeling better in no time
Old 01-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #67  

Hi everyone, just like to introduce myself to this great forum, we are a Husband and Wife team on Day 1 with IP. Total goal is 100lbs combined, wish us luck.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

So I just had a nice big post and it poofed away on me. I just want to say this.

CONGRATS to those of you with losses this week!! Even if it's just 1lb that's 1lb you don't have to lose again. Stick with it and you'll be where you want to before you know it.

And for those of you struggling today hang in there. If the sea salt trick doesn't work take some Advil. It won't harm your progress and you need to feel well enough to claw yourself to the other side of the carb withdraw. Personally I found that when the cravings hit the best thing was to distract myself. If I had a cup of hot tea and was watching a good TV show I didn't miss my ____________ nearly as much.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #69  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATeam View Post
Hi everyone, just like to introduce myself to this great forum, we are a Husband and Wife team on Day 1 with IP. Total goal is 100lbs combined, wish us luck.
Welcome ATeam!!...glad to have you aboard, we have several hubby/wife teams here. With the support you have in each other you will succeed. Just don't get mad if the hubby loses quicker than you...he is a GUY after all they do lose faster!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Oh, and I almost forgot, big NSV for me today!! This morning I pulled my freshly washed jeans out of the drawer and not only did I NOT have to do the Dryer Jean Jiggle to get them on, but when I had them on I actually felt sexy in them. It's been a long time since I felt sexy in my jeans
Old 01-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 244/231.2/135

Height: 5'5

Default Hope your day gets butter and butter

This is a totally random thought but I was reading earlier posts this morning and we are all pretty hung up on the number the scale says. I, too, am ALL about the scale but I try to think of the big picture and the overall goal rather than obsessing along the way. (okay, that's a lie, I do obsess but I try to look at every single ounce lost as a positive thing!lol)

One thing I have done in the past is look at each pound lost as a pound of butter. Simply multiply each pound by 4....because there are 4 sticks of butter in a pound of butter. So....if you lost "only" 1 pound that is still 4 sticks of butter (imagine 2 sitting on each hip!).

Thinking about weight loss in terms of "cubes of butter" sometimes helps me appreciate just how hard my body is working to take off this weight
Old 01-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #72  
Started IP 1/1/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATeam View Post
Welcome! Good luck to you both. You will find great support here
Old 01-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

Hey guys, what day should I start to feel . . . I don't know, bad? (like from carb withdrawal, etc.)
Old 01-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengurl71 View Post
This is a totally random thought but I was reading earlier posts this morning and we are all pretty hung up on the number the scale says. I, too, am ALL about the scale but I try to think of the big picture and the overall goal rather than obsessing along the way. (okay, that's a lie, I do obsess but I try to look at every single ounce lost as a positive thing!lol)

One thing I have done in the past is look at each pound lost as a pound of butter. Simply multiply each pound by 4....because there are 4 sticks of butter in a pound of butter. So....if you lost "only" 1 pound that is still 4 sticks of butter (imagine 2 sitting on each hip!).

Thinking about weight loss in terms of "cubes of butter" sometimes helps me appreciate just how hard my body is working to take off this weight
LOL ~ That is quite a picture isn't it. BUT I think this is a fantastic way to look at it. So I have ridded my butter of 48 sticks of butter ~ That is fantastic. Thanks for the visual.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
Hey guys, what day should I start to feel . . . I don't know, bad? (like from carb withdrawal, etc.)
Every person is different. You may be one of the lucky ones that never has symptoms of withdrawal. I had headaches and dizziness along with famished hunger for 2 weeks before I started feeling better. Just take each day as it comes.
Closed Thread