Old 01-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 293/248/199

Height: 5'1"

Default Starting IP again for the 2nd time!

Just wanted to say hello again! I am starting IP today for the second time. I did it from May - October in 2011 and then took a 2 month break.
My birthday is actually next week so I celebrated 10 days early in order to start IP sooner! haha.
Gained about 5ish pounds back over the two months (give or take a few), but all my "smaller" clothes still fit!

Hoping the Day 3 issue doesn't hit me too hard - I have plans that evening as part of a birthday gift, it will be terrible if I'm sick!
erin11585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #2  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

i did IP from March-July 2011. then took 6 months off. I am now up by 20lbs. my own fault. I got married in July and that mixed with the holidays I just gave up. I too started back yesterday. hope you're not too sick. I am also wondering if the second time around we will lose as fast? I tried to find out from other threads about restarting, but they are too long and too many comments to weed through. Good luck!
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/194/125

Height: 5'4

Shrinking Sandra, I also took 6 months off and gained 25lbs. I did some work in Texas and way to good. My vice is Mexican Food. I'm back home and on my 2nd day of IP. I remember being anxious and having more energy. This time I am anxious and really tired. I added a extra protein tonight because I don't like this tired feeling. Good luck and congratulations to getting married. My husband and I celebrate our 21st on the 12th. I will be having 1 restricted bar in stead of a piece of cake that day.
Gabby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 293/248/199

Height: 5'1"

I just finished Day 2 (of Round 2), and honestly I have such an urge to cheat - I NEVER did the first time around. Maybe it was because I had 2 months of being able to eat cheese/salsa & chips/nuts. It is going to be hard to get thru this week, then after that I'm sure the urges will stop
erin11585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:37 AM   #5  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

hello, everyone I just restarted on Saterday, and have made it till to day with no cheats. I did feel a little tired and added a little extra protien. I feel very good about being successful. Just remember you had the will power and self-control to do this once, belive in yourself that you can do it again. I hope you all have a good rest of the week.
ginBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin11585 View Post
I just finished Day 2 (of Round 2), and honestly I have such an urge to cheat - I NEVER did the first time around. Maybe it was because I had 2 months of being able to eat cheese/salsa & chips/nuts. It is going to be hard to get thru this week, then after that I'm sure the urges will stop
Stick with it! You can do this...ALL of you can! You did it the first time, you can do it again!
sarahmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #7  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

i just restarted on monday! i was on IP from early jan 2011 to august 2011 and lost 95 lbs. i was off for 5 months and i have no idea how much i gained because i don't have a scale (i should get one asap). i do know that i no longer fir into size 4 jeans, and 6 is quite a bit tight. size 8 is most comfortable right now, but i want to be back in 4s. if i had to guess, i'd say i put on 15-20 lbs total, but that weight gain was only from thanksgiving until now. i maintained at 144-146 until almost the end of novemeber, then i started eating anything and everything because i knew i was getting back on plan in january. ugh, bad idea. anyhow, i'm on my 3rd day and my size 6 pants are already starting to fit better!!
longdivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

I started again Jan 4th and today I had my W1 weigh in and I am doing 5.6 lbs. I need to loose 3.4 more to go to go back to where I was before I took a break. I am sure ill meet it by next week. Anything after that is a bonus
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #9  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
i just restarted on monday! i was on IP from early jan 2011 to august 2011 and lost 95 lbs. i was off for 5 months and i have no idea how much i gained because i don't have a scale (i should get one asap). i do know that i no longer fir into size 4 jeans, and 6 is quite a bit tight. size 8 is most comfortable right now, but i want to be back in 4s. if i had to guess, i'd say i put on 15-20 lbs total, but that weight gain was only from thanksgiving until now. i maintained at 144-146 until almost the end of novemeber, then i started eating anything and everything because i knew i was getting back on plan in january. ugh, bad idea. anyhow, i'm on my 3rd day and my size 6 pants are already starting to fit better!!
Hey Laura, it's so good to see you again, even under the circumstances. Geeze, you were so very, very good. WHAT? Ok, that is NOT appropriate but I kind of care, as I'm sure most people who've come to know you do. And you're still way ahead of most people's game.

Regardless, since you left there are 3 really great maintenance threads, 2 in the stickies, and one still open. They might be really helpful because there are subtle nuances there. And you'd be MOST welcome in the Hard to restart thread. You're insight is always appreciated.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hmm..it feels like I could have written that post except for the size 4 pants! I started IP in Feb 2011 and lost 95 lbs. I went off in Sept and have been doing a really bad job of controlling my diet since. My size 8s have gotten really tight and I decided to go back OP. I also stepped on the scale this morning (first time in a long time) and I am up 23 lbs. I am on day 3 and am back in ketosis. I am doing this week with alternatives but just made an appointment to start back up next week at a different clinic. I have heard really good things about this new clinic so I am hoping for a better phase off and maintenance experience.
Here's to a great OP week for all of us!
jd447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #11  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

Quote:

NOT YOU TOO!!! I was always amazed by your weight loss and found you to be such an inspiration. Amazing how many of us started again on Monday!

Last time I was excited and had no urge to cheat, but this time around, I want to eat everything in sight, It is MUCH harder.
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
i did IP from March-July 2011. then took 6 months off. I am now up by 20lbs. my own fault. I got married in July and that mixed with the holidays I just gave up. I too started back yesterday. hope you're not too sick. I am also wondering if the second time around we will lose as fast? I tried to find out from other threads about restarting, but they are too long and too many comments to weed through. Good luck!
You are beautiful in your wedding picture! Good for you getting a handle on the regain quick, you will be great by summer.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'2

I am... Well have started again. I managed a few months in 2010 but fell of the wagon around Christmas. I had been really strggeling with only being able to loose .5 to one pound a week. With all the money and the stress for so little results, I gave up. I've started on my own using eas carb control shakes, I've upped my protien to about 10 oz give or take. I've found the extra protien really helps control the hunger. In a week an a half I'm down 9 pounds. Today is the best day I've had. Finally wasnt as dizzy and week and cleaned house with out to much struggeling . I look forward to giving it a go with you all!!
mlseward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 206/190/140

Height: 5'2

I should add that last time I really struggled with cheets, this time I'm assuming that with the upped protien I havn't cheeted yet. I've had a few moments when the urge hit hard (Daughter baked brownies, I walked off and left them. I don't know where this will power came from but I sure hope it sticks around! Hugs to all!
mlseward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #15  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

I re-started almost a week ago after taking a break for nearly a month. I only gained less then 2 lbs during that time but holy smokes do I feel SO much better being back OP!! I'm not bloated anymore and I love knowing what I can and cannot have.... it's a control thing.

Best wishes to everyone!
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote