3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Monday 1/9/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/250096-ip-daily-chat-monday-1-9-12-a.html)

SewingMomma 01-09-2012 03:59 PM

Wuv, That is AWESOME!!!

I had my WI today, down another 3.6 pounds. I'm so excited because as of this weight in I've lost 10% of my starting weight. Plus, I was measured today (my clinic does it every two weeks), and I'm down 7 inches for a total of 21 inches. Amazing! I'm going to have to hit TJ Maxx or some other discount store to try on some smaller sizes. My clothes are really getting too big.

MustangMolly 01-09-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janniegoingdown (Post 4164149)
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has had any luck with the IP Soy Patty mix? I just had it for lunch and its a definite no for me! Week 2 and going strong!

That was the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten! It got bigger every time I chewed it. I threw away the entire box!

wuv2bloved 01-09-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4164350)
That was the most disgusting thing I have ever eaten! It got bigger every time I chewed it. I threw away the entire box!

LMAO, that was exactly my reaction. I brought mine back to my clinic and said ummm I don't so...she left me switch it out.....lol

Junetwin11 01-09-2012 04:02 PM

Wuv~ U r awesome :)
This is the best diet ever!!! :)

Lorilou 01-09-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4163985)
I just got back from seeing my PCM which I had not seen him since March weighing in at 388lbs today I weighed in at 268lbs.....that is 120lbs lighter!!!!....He asked what I was doing I told him and he said would you like to become a COACH for me? I want to sell this stuff and YOU can change people's lives...I said YES SIR, I WOULD LOVE TOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!......they are calling IP today to get things underway and within 2 weeks I will be on my way!!!....SUPER SUPER EXCITED right now!!!....

This of course is not my official WI that isn't til Wednesday but according to their scale I loss 5lbs this week!!!....can't wait til Wednesday now!!

That is fantasic! He must have been shocked to see how great you have done. I'm glad to hear that a Dr is excited about the program. I haven't told mine yet and will wait until my appt next month.

wuv2bloved 01-09-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorilou (Post 4164356)
That is fantasic! He must have been shocked to see how great you have done. I'm glad to hear that a Dr is excited about the program. I haven't told mine yet and will wait until my appt next month.

He freaked out when he opened the door and saw me....lol...he called in all of the office people and nurses to come see me....:o but loving every minute of it....lol..he said he will get on the program as well!

SewingMomma 01-09-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorilou (Post 4164356)

My internist actually recommended the program to me. His wife runs a clinic, and he really studied the science behind it before she got in to it. They both went on the program this summer and lost weight.

Danni1 01-09-2012 04:16 PM

Just a few quick questions:

Can we use advil/tylenol to control the headaches or any other pains? Just wondering if there is a restriction on using pain killers.

When you drink herbal or caffine-free teas do you count them toward your daily water intake? Or are they just what some people call a free drink and you still need to take in your total water intake.

This is my second day using alternatives (I actually have my appointment at the IP clinic tomorrow morning) and so far I don't have any headaches or hunger so far, but I get the chills every once and a while. They don't stick around, just a quick chill and it is gone. If it doesn't get much worse I can handle that.:)

Lorilou 01-09-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SewingMomma (Post 4164365)
My internist actually recommended the program to me. His wife runs a clinic, and he really studied the science behind it before she got in to it. They both went on the program this summer and lost weight.

That's good to hear. I really don't care if my Dr doesn't approve because I am going to stick to this anyway. I have to do this for me regardless of what anyone says!

Wuvs Mom 01-09-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4164135)
That is great! Congratulations. Did you ever think you would become such an inspiration and even a coach? I bet your mom is really proud of you and for you. :hug:

YES!!!! I am very excited and proud of her. Being on this site has helped her in more ways than one. The ability to help others has helped her stay motivated and be strong. You are all on the right journey to make yourselves healthy. Stay Strong!! YOU CAN DO IT !!!!

wuv2bloved 01-09-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danni1 (Post 4164372)
Just a few quick questions:

Can we use advil/tylenol to control the headaches or any other pains? Just wondering if there is a restriction on using pain killers.

When you drink herbal or caffine-free teas do you count them toward your daily water intake? Or are they just what some people call a free drink and you still need to take in your total water intake.

This is my second day using alternatives (I actually have my appointment at the IP clinic tomorrow morning) and so far I don't have any headaches or hunger so far, but I get the chills every once and a while. They don't stick around, just a quick chill and it is gone. If it doesn't get much worse I can handle that.:)

I have used advil/aleve/tylenol. If the teas are caffine-free then you can count it as your water. If it is caffeinated then you have to add an extra 8oz of water to your daily amount

Danni1 01-09-2012 04:28 PM

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of having a tea at coffee break but right now I am focusing on trying to get the water in. So much water! Nice to know that the teas will count as well. I already only drink decaf coffee/tea so atleast I don't have to worry about caffine withdrawl on top of everything else!

sarahmayhem 01-09-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janniegoingdown (Post 4164149)
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has had any luck with the IP Soy Patty mix? I just had it for lunch and its a definite no for me! Week 2 and going strong!

Everyone seems to hate on the soy patties, but I actually love them! (I was never a huge meat eater, so I've grown up on veggie burgers/tofu.) ....if you add a lot of spices and then some sauces (WF BBQ, ranch and mustard) it tastes delicious. (IMO ;) )

Quote:

Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette (Post 4164241)
Lunch . . . oh boy. Lunch was disgusting. Ugh. I'm hoping that if I keep eating the stuff and I don't like it I'll grow used to it. If not, I can deal with it. I'm not going to lose this weight by eating the delicious foods I'm used to. Most of the time delicious foods are the most fatty D;

What did you eat for lunch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SewingMomma (Post 4164349)
I had my WI today, down another 3.6 pounds. I'm so excited because as of this weight in I've lost 10% of my starting weight. Plus, I was measured today (my clinic does it every two weeks), and I'm down 7 inches for a total of 21 inches. Amazing! I'm going to have to hit TJ Maxx or some other discount store to try on some smaller sizes. My clothes are really getting too big.

Congrats! Your WIs are always huge drops! You're doing awesome!

FoolishHeart 01-09-2012 04:46 PM

SewingMomma - congratulations! That's wonderful! 10% is a great milestone!

Wuv, that's just wonderful. You deserve so much success!!

BACKDROPsilhouette 01-09-2012 04:47 PM

I had a shake, broccoli and cauliflower (steamed), and some romaine. One thing that was bad was that the romaine was cold and the other veggies were hot. For dinner I've put the veggies in the fridge after cooking them so I can have them cold. I don't have any seasoning or sugar free syrup so I'm having to make due with what I have.

My aunt is going to show me how to make pancakes and waffles out of my shake mix when she visits, as well as how to do a few other things so I'll probably like the food better after she gives me some instruction.