Recipies

• For your one meal a day; What are some quick, easy, and tasty recipies that you guys use for your veggies and/or your meat?

Amazing Zucchini

2 cups sliced zucchini (Chop so the zucchini is round)
    1 tsp olive oil
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    Garlic salt

Spread Zucchini on a baking sheet. Lightly cover zucchini with olive oil and lemon juice (I buy lemon juice and put it in a spray bottle and spray the lemon juice on). Sprinkle Garlic salt on zucchini.

Bake in oven at 450 F for 30 min, or until golden brown.
  • Wow! I just made this and it was delicious! I only used about 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Thanks for adding this.
  • Anyone have a way to make the tomato/basil soup better? Or a way it can be used in a recipe?
  • Spiced Cucumbers
    1 large cucumber
    1 packet of artifical sweetener
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
    Pinch of red pepper flakes
    Pinch of sea salt
    Pinch of pepper
    Seasoning of your choice to taste
    Cut cucumbers into slices. Combine artificial sweetener, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, and seasonings. Place cucumbers into the marinade and enjoy.
  • Quote: Anyone have a way to make the tomato/basil soup better? Or a way it can be used in a recipe?
    I've been putting cut up veggies in my soups as soon as I tasted them by themselves. I would added some italian spices to the tomato basil soup, but I'm honestly not a big fan of tomato soup in general. I put mashed up cauliflower and brocoli in my chicken soup the other day and thought I was in heaven. Much better than the bland hamburgers and fries that used to be my usual.
  • faux apple dessert

large zucchini
    cinnamon
    Splenda

Preparation
    Large zucchini can be peeled, then sliced lengthwise and seeded. Now slice crosswise to make pieces that look like apple slices. Season with cinnamon and Splenda or apple pie spice. Microwave in a small glass dish, covered, for a few minutes for a “baked apple” dessert. *(or the same ingredients can be simmered in a small saucepan with water to create apple butter.)