3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Starting IP (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/249901-starting-ip.html)

Shelia B 01-06-2012 01:52 PM

Starting IP

Good afternoon all!
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Shelia and will be starting the diet on Monday the 9th. I am starting out at around 275. Just typing that out makes me nauseous. I have never been a skinny girl but I also have never been this big in my life. I am 40 years old and have been married for 21 years old. I have 1 daughter who is 19 and has moved out. I have raised my child and taken care of everyone else for so long that i have to do this for me. I have degenerative disc disease, have had one surgery so far and am hoping that losing some weight will take pressure off of my back so my quality of life can be improved.

I am so glad i found this board because i KNOW I will need support. I have had my consultation and bought the first week of packets and vitamins. Will be going tonight or tomorrow to get vegetables and purchase a kitchen scale for ounce control. I hope you all will help me along the way to stay on track and motivated!

rissimo 01-06-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelia B (Post 4159655)
Good afternoon all!
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Shelia and will be starting the diet on Monday the 9th. I am starting out at around 275. Just typing that out makes me nauseous. I have never been a skinny girl but I also have never been this big in my life. I am 40 years old and have been married for 21 years old. I have 1 daughter who is 19 and has moved out. I have raised my child and taken care of everyone else for so long that i have to do this for me. I have degenerative disc disease, have had one surgery so far and am hoping that losing some weight will take pressure off of my back so my quality of life can be improved.

I am so glad i found this board because i KNOW I will need support. I have had my consultation and bought the first week of packets and vitamins. Will be going tonight or tomorrow to get vegetables and purchase a kitchen scale for ounce control. I hope you all will help me along the way to stay on track and motivated!

:welcome3: Sheila. Monday will be the first day of the rest of your NEW LIFE. This is a wonderful forum. LOTS of support. You will never by judged by anyone here, we are all in the same boat and we all have our ups and downs but everyone is alway here to pick you up and encourage you on your down times and cheer you on on your good. This is a wonderful plan and I am so very Thankful to have found it. If you haven't read everything yet, be prepared for withdrawls, headaches etc. If you do get a headache, just put 1/4 tsp of sea salt in your palm and lick it off and then drink some water, in about 15-20 minutes the headache should be gone. Good Luck!!

starry1672 01-06-2012 05:05 PM

Hi all, I picked up my food and met with my coach today. I'll be starting on Sunday....so excited to be here with you all!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-...8/135/198/.png

NavyMommy 01-06-2012 05:21 PM

Just wanted to say :welcome:

Traceym 01-06-2012 08:12 PM

Hi ! I am also starting on Monday & I feel so grateful to have found this site. I picked up my ip products and got weighed & measured. I will go to the farmer's market on Sunday to get my veggies for the week. I am really looking forward to getting started. I have a goal of 70 lbs to loose so I know I will need all of your support! I look forward to the newer, healthier me!

gs463 01-06-2012 08:33 PM

Hello All,
I started today and have had no problems so far. I started to get a bit of a head ache right before dinner and once I had dinner it went away. I am so glad that today was much easier that I thought it would be.

Good luck to you all. We will all be on a journey together.

licaba 01-06-2012 09:14 PM

Today is day 1 for me as well!! I am very nervous about it all. Day 1 summary: Oatmeal was great, broccoli/cheese soup not so great, cinnamon/apple puffs great. And I was only hungry when it was actually time to eat. Not sure about the whole restricted IP packages but will figure it out as I go.:dizzy:

DanafromAustin 01-06-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelia B (Post 4159655)
Good afternoon all!

Welcome. This is the best diet I have ever been on and the most successful for me. It's also the most strict diet (absolutely no cheating) I've ever been on, but that also makes it the easiest diet I've ever been on too. The first 3 to 4 days can be pretty bad as you go through carb withdrawal and you are beyond hungry. Stick with it because once into ketosis the hunger goes away and the energy you will feel is great. This is a very supportive board, and you will get lots of help here. However, always check with your coach first, because... well that's what we are paying them for.

Welcome to everyone else too. This really will be your "last diet' and you will better understand that quote once you have been on plan for a couple of weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by licaba (Post 4160185)
Today is day 1 for me as well!! I am very nervous about it all. Day 1 summary: Oatmeal was great, broccoli/cheese soup not so great, cinnamon/apple puffs great. And I was only hungry when it was actually time to eat. Not sure about the whole restricted IP packages but will figure it out as I go.:dizzy:

You are only allowed one restricted product per day. My coach said never before bedtime because of their higher carb count. However check with your coach and see what they recommend. I always have mine for breakfast. A bar and a cup of herbal tea and I'm one happy camper.

gs463 01-06-2012 09:44 PM

licaba

I understand you can have one restricted per day. Some coaches say no restricted for the first week or two. Mine said to have one a day.

There is a wonderful thread of recipies that maybe will help you with "doctoring" up the soups and anything else you may not like.

My day consisted of was peach mango drink for breakfast which I added more water to so it was okay and the vanilla pudding made into a shake with my salad for lunch. Again that was okay and I just had a caramel nut bar which was great for my snack.

Hang in there and I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that we don't have head aches or any other issues so far.

wuv2bloved 01-06-2012 09:55 PM

Oatmeal and apple cinnamon are BOTH restricted, You should only have ONE restricted a day. Don't worry you didn't mess up that bad, the first 2 weeks I had 2 restricted a day too. You will learn it then it will become second nature :)

Welcome to everyone :)

Junetwin11 01-06-2012 10:04 PM

Welcome to all the new IPeeps. This will be your last diet :)

bedheadred 01-06-2012 11:54 PM

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself I am 40 everyone calls me Red and am new to IP.
It was recommended to me by my rheumatologist (I have lupus) today is day 2 and I have felt horrible chills, hunger pangs and a severe headache that I finally had to take migraine medication for. I am really worried I am doing it all wrong. Hoping to find support and education here!

Endless Dieter 01-07-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedheadred (Post 4160370)
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself I am 40 everyone calls me Red and am new to IP.
It was recommended to me by my rheumatologist (I have lupus) today is day 2 and I have felt horrible chills, hunger pangs and a severe headache that I finally had to take migraine medication for. I am really worried I am doing it all wrong. Hoping to find support and education here!

I also experienced horrible headaches on day three and four but the good news is that on day five I felt great and had been feeling great from that point on. You are going thru carb withdrawal. Some find a little extra salt helps with headache but I just hung in there knowing it would pass. This is the easiest diet I have ever been on and I have been on a million. My total weight loss has been 54lbs in twelve weeks...

Traceym 01-07-2012 03:31 AM

My coach said flovored selzer is ok as long as it is all zeros. I was wondering, what about diet ginger ale mde with surculose? there is a brand called weighst watchers and it is 0,0,0 with no aspertame. What do you think?

mamacitaof2 01-07-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4160229)
Oatmeal and apple cinnamon are BOTH restricted, You should only have ONE restricted a day. Don't worry you didn't mess up that bad, the first 2 weeks I had 2 restricted a day too. You will learn it then it will become second nature :)

Welcome to everyone :)

At what point is an item considered restricted? What's the carb cut off?