Old 01-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #16  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceym View Post
My coach said flovored selzer is ok as long as it is all zeros. I was wondering, what about diet ginger ale mde with surculose? there is a brand called weighst watchers and it is 0,0,0 with no aspertame. What do you think?
In the beginning of the program, outside the artificial sweeteners in the packets, I wasn't consuming much additional artificial sweetener. Once I discovered WF choc syrup with hot water, skim milk, and peppermint stevia I was in Hog T Heaven, drinking one every couple hours during the holidays. At the same time I began exercising again after week #3 of IP and eating more tenderloin beef and salmon. Suddenly weight loss stalled, then at home weight went up 2#'s. So, I cut way back on excess sweeteners and the beef, and over the next 3 days the 2#s came off.

As difficult as it is not to replace one bad habit with another and although artificial sweetener was not the only variable that changed in my program, *I think* avoiding artificial sweeteners makes a difference.

Last edited by sekc14; 01-07-2012 at 08:48 AM.
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #17  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hi, I thought I might re-introduce my self here. Let me start out by saying that all of those choosing to change your way of eating and begin this new life will see a newer healthier your in just weeks, and even days. This will be my second or third attempt at restarting this program. I did it for 6 1/2 months and lost 80lbs. I tried to start in the summer but, found it difficult do to kitchen remolding. I am hoping that this time goes smoother. I will be taking my weight and measurements with in the next week and hope to have my stats updated. I wish you all the best success possible.
ginBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #18  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekc14 View Post
As difficult as it is not to replace one bad habit with another and although artificial sweetener was not the only variable that changed in my program, *I think* avoiding artificial sweeteners makes a difference.
I agree about the artificial sweeteners. But there are still Stevia.

Last edited by Linden; 01-07-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #19  
INACTIVE

Watch out for truvia, I bought it on my first day and realized that it has 3 carbs! I had to use splenda until I finally found stevia yesterday. Used stevia this morning and I like it much better. Bye, splenda! (well, I'll keep the rest of it in case of a freak blizzard or something!)
SomedayBubblySomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #20  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
At what point is an item considered restricted? What's the carb cut off?
It's all on the sheets you should have been given, if not you can ask your coach. Basically all bars/snacks are restricted to 1 per day. The Spaghetti/Cookie (and I think Chili) are further limited to once or twice a week.

One think I had to learn on IP was to not worry about all the details and amount of carbs/etc. and just follow the plan as presented. It really is simple to do, but I'm the type that wanted details and that just made it more confusing in the long run. When I left that behind I did much better.
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #21  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
Watch out for truvia, I bought it on my first day and realized that it has 3 carbs! I had to use splenda until I finally found stevia yesterday. Used stevia this morning and I like it much better. Bye, splenda! (well, I'll keep the rest of it in case of a freak blizzard or something!)
I don't use Truvia because it hasn't been approved in Germany. I've emended my post, and thanks.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #22  

Default Just started this week myself.

This is my fourth day. It hasn't been too bad. I'd started switching to low carbs the week before and I think that really helped a lot. The hardest part for me was giving up diet cokes. Hope its a good week for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelia B View Post
Good afternoon all!
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Shelia and will be starting the diet on Monday the 9th. I am starting out at around 275. Just typing that out makes me nauseous. I have never been a skinny girl but I also have never been this big in my life. I am 40 years old and have been married for 21 years old. I have 1 daughter who is 19 and has moved out. I have raised my child and taken care of everyone else for so long that i have to do this for me. I have degenerative disc disease, have had one surgery so far and am hoping that losing some weight will take pressure off of my back so my quality of life can be improved.

I am so glad i found this board because i KNOW I will need support. I have had my consultation and bought the first week of packets and vitamins. Will be going tonight or tomorrow to get vegetables and purchase a kitchen scale for ounce control. I hope you all will help me along the way to stay on track and motivated!
civilgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #23  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilgal View Post
This is my fourth day. It hasn't been too bad. I'd started switching to low carbs the week before and I think that really helped a lot. The hardest part for me was giving up diet cokes. Hope its a good week for you.
Here is something that might make not drinking diet coke a little easier for you.....

WHY IS DIET SODA DISCOURAGED DURING IDEAL PROTEIN DIET?
Very interesting insights from the "Ideal Protein Nova Blog". There is a science behind why this diet works and the things you can do to take best advantage of it.

All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT recommended on the diet. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid/base regulation. The protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other "protein type diets." Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain a lot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body's bicarbonate buffering system. This goes for diet soda's too, particularly the brown ones.

Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. This protocol provides so many health benefits besides weight loss, it would be a shame to compromise some of the benefits by consuming these products. Also- remember, an extra cup of water for every coffee you drink!

So what CAN you drink? Drink unsweetened Herbal Tea. Add 2 bags to a large pitcher (1.5 liter) or container and seep for about 10 minutes. Use a funnel to pour into an empty 1.5 liter plastic soda bottle. I usually make 3-4 batches in one night of different flavours, so there is a wide variety of choice throughout the week. It also helps you crave drinking more.

‎1. "Aspartame" is the sweetener which Ideal Protein recommends cutting out from your other foods. The reason why is that your body can react to it like sugar, spiking your insulin. (at a certain amount.) So Crystal Light (made with nutri sweet) is not recommended. There is something in the US/Canada called MIO which you add to water which is recommended.
2. Cascade Ice wont work because there are fruit juices in it (Pear Juice concentrate).
‎3. Yes, you can add Stevia, Splenda, Truvia or other approved sweeteners to your tea. However, note that the sweeteners do have carbs in them and are not "free". Adding one packet (like a coffee sweetener size) to 1.5 liters of iced herbal tea is usually enough to sweeten it without worry. However, i drink the iced herbal teas with no sweetener and dont miss it.
‎4. Carbonation is not the problem... you can have sparkling water. However, some find that cutting out all carbonation helps with bloating/gas.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 2 1/2"

Hi everyone, my name is Marcella from Toronto and I am so excited and happy to have found this site. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I stumbled on the IP Diet by chance just by searching weight loss plans. I began this way of life on Wed, three days ago, and I cannot even begin to tell you how great I feel. I don't eat meat, fish, dairy or eggs but I am truly a carbaholic. Day two was difficult but today I was fine. I just finished cooking all my veggie's for the entire week as I will be headed back to work on Monday. I actually think it may be easier now that school is back. I absolutely LOVE this food. I'm basically taking in all the protein via IP packages, and therefore just having to cook my veggie's. I am taking all their vitamins as well. I would love to know where I can get one of those weight loss tickers. I prefer the one that begins at 0 to my lb's to go. I have about 40 lbs to lose. Thanks so much for being here for your help and guidance. It truly means a lot. Although I do have my coach but this site will be a wonderful add on. Thanks once again.
Marcella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcella View Post
Hi everyone, my name is Marcella from Toronto and I am so excited and happy to have found this site. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I stumbled on the IP Diet by chance just by searching weight loss plans. I began this way of life on Wed, three days ago, and I cannot even begin to tell you how great I feel. I don't eat meat, fish, dairy or eggs but I am truly a carbaholic. Day two was difficult but today I was fine. I just finished cooking all my veggie's for the entire week as I will be headed back to work on Monday. I actually think it may be easier now that school is back. I absolutely LOVE this food. I'm basically taking in all the protein via IP packages, and therefore just having to cook my veggie's. I am taking all their vitamins as well. I would love to know where I can get one of those weight loss tickers. I prefer the one that begins at 0 to my lb's to go. I have about 40 lbs to lose. Thanks so much for being here for your help and guidance. It truly means a lot. Although I do have my coach but this site will be a wonderful add on. Thanks once again.
You are only getting your protein through the packets? you NEED that 8oz of some other type of protein at dinner tofu perhaps? You can't get a ticker until you are a member of the site for 20 days with 20 post
Old 01-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #26  

Height: 5' 2 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
You are only getting your protein through the packets? you NEED that 8oz of some other type of protein at dinner tofu perhaps? You can't get a ticker until you are a member of the site for 20 days with 20 post
First off I would like to say congratulations to you on your amazing journey. Also you are a very beautiful lady and thank you for replying so soon. I did not know about that. I will speak to my coach about it. Thanks for the info.
Marcella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #27  

Height: 5'6

Thanks guys! Guess I did screw up the 1st day maybe that's why i wasn't hungry lol.?

Anyone know of a place to get a list of the restricted packages. I'll talk to my coach Monday.
licaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by licaba View Post
Thanks guys! Guess I did screw up the 1st day maybe that's why i wasn't hungry lol.?

Anyone know of a place to get a list of the restricted packages. I'll talk to my coach Monday.
Here is a list of all of the products except for the newest one added over the last few months....hope this helps
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nutritional Fact Sheet (1).pdf (16.5 KB, 46 views)
Old 01-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcella View Post
First off I would like to say congratulations to you on your amazing journey. Also you are a very beautiful lady and thank you for replying so soon. I did not know about that. I will speak to my coach about it. Thanks for the info.
Thank you

You should be having one restricted a day (if your coach allows it) and 2 unrestricted IP products a day PLUS 8 ozs of another type of protein
Old 01-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #30  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Here is a list of all of the products except for the newest one added over the last few months....hope this helps

Thanks there speedy thats going to help alot!!
licaba is offline   Reply With Quote