Old 01-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy1311 View Post
I am in week 1 and have used the miracle noodles twice this week. When you open the package, they do smell fishy. Rinse them in a colander for 3-5 minutes and I put mine in a dry saucepan on high heat to get them really dry. Like tofu they take on any flavor you mix in. Just don't expect them to taste like noodles!
Thanks for the tip about drying them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
I did something similar, added garlic, soy sauce, fresh grated ginger and chili-garlic sauce to the broth first. Used mushrooms, bok choy, zucchini, cilantro, red pepper. At that point added the noodles, and protein (optional). So good and so filling! Definitely didn't feel deprived!
That sounds good, thanks.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #32  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

I finally tried these, yum. I made a beef stir fry and mixed these in. I had to rinse them out for what seemed like hours to get the fishy smell off but it was so nice to have noodles. I was especially hungry yesterday so it was just right. I need to order some more.
purple sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #33  
INACTIVE

I hated the noodles, but LOVE the rice! It makes for great stuffed peppers and I am going to try a chicken tikka masala with them. All of that fiber really makes me feel full, too!
SomedayBubblySomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #34  

I tried to make them a few different ways but could not get past the texture yuck!
peyton0914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

Along with rinsing them VERY well I have been told to put them in a frying pan and heat them up until they make a "squeaking" sound. That way they are dryer and all the stinky liquid is gone. I have done that every time and have not had any issues. They do have a strange texture but when you need a "noodle fix" it can be overlooked.
Mkssweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #36  
Started IP 12/30/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
I hated the noodles, but LOVE the rice! It makes for great stuffed peppers and I am going to try a chicken tikka masala with them. All of that fiber really makes me feel full, too!
Yum...you must share that recipe. I only have the angel hair but will order rice and the other one.

I remembered that it is really filling and I have been unusually hungry lately. Early on in the diet, I could barely finish a meal.

I tried something new yesterday marinating some beef in apple cider vinegar and a small amt of lime flavored olive oil. I think I also added dried onion powder, ginger, garlic, mint and basil. I think using all these fresh along with some lime juice might give it some oomph. I want to add a sweetener next time. Maybe a packet of stevia. It was okay but did not have quite the flavor punch I might have liked.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #37  
Started IP 12/30/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkssweetie View Post
Along with rinsing them VERY well I have been told to put them in a frying pan and heat them up until they make a "squeaking" sound. That way they are dryer and all the stinky liquid is gone. I have done that every time and have not had any issues. They do have a strange texture but when you need a "noodle fix" it can be overlooked.
Good idea. I will try that next time. These reminded me of the noodles I have had in Asian restaurants, especially in soups.