Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #31  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I had trouble with smells and food for the first few weeks and asked my husband to not make the things I love...NOW I don't care...he can eat my favorites right in front of me and it doesn't bother me the slightest...BUT I do have to smell everything...it still smells delicious but I don't care to have any of it...Maybe you could ask them to give you a little time to adjust OR you could leave while they have those nice smelling foods. Just know it will pass! AND you have all of us to support you!!! YOU can do it!!!
I thought that I was the only one who did this! My kids will ask, "Mom, do you wish you could eat this cookie (or whatever)?" I say, "No, but let me smell it!" I love the smells of food, but like you, I don't have any desire to eat them. Ditto with my favorite or should I say former favorite foods. Last night we went out to a Mexican restaurant, and I was not tempted by the chips and queso, etc. I enjoyed my chicken and beef fajitas and grilled veggies. That's the most surprising thing to me about this diet. In the past, I would have caved and said to myself that a few chips wouldn't hurt. Now, I just don't have any desire to eat them. For the first couple of weeks, I was tempted, so to all of you who are struggling, this desire does go away. I made it through the holidays w/o cheating and w/o having the desire to cheat.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Good Morning Everyone!

On day 4! I am still experiencing headaches, drinking water, ate the salt, but no luck. I am starting to think I might have a sinus issue. It feels like a sinus headache so maybe it's not even related to the diet. Or maybe it's all in my head and I'm just psyching myself out? I don't know I just want this headache to go away. Other than that, I am feeling great a little nauseous at times, but feeling less hungry everyday.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #33  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmg1989 View Post
Guess I will eat BEFORE I go and just pick around the salad without appearing ungrateful! Geeze!

Don't let anyone side track your efforts! It feels great to drop 2 pants sizes!!!

Hang on!
I would do the same thing. Yesterday, I took my kids to the zoo and knew that there would be little or nothing that I could eat there. So I ate a packet before we left and had 2 cups of cukes on the drive there. Then when they had lunch, I got a garden salad and picked the carrots off of the lettuce. I'm getting pretty good at pulling grated carrots off of salad because almost every restaurant puts them on their salads.

You'll be able to have those other things soon enough, and I agree dropping 2 pants sizes makes the sacrifice worth it!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #34  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Thanks! Yes, picking off the bits of carrots is an acquired talent!!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #35  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Morning All! Today is WI 5 and my commitment has not wavered a bit. At that point in my life where I am so ready to get back to a healthy body!

My sister in law, who is on a different diet plan, is having us for dinner tomorrow eve. She called to tell me everything she is making- nothing I will be able to eat! Meatloaf with onions grilled, topped with some sauce, red mashed potatos, corn. I might be able to eat the salad and take out the croutons, cheese, nuts, etc. She tried to debate me on why I should be able to eat what she is making.

I kindly and honestly told her that she doesn't need to change her plan for me. I
will be fine. Guess I will eat BEFORE I go and just pick around the salad without appearing ungrateful! Geeze!

Don't let anyone side track your efforts! It feels great to drop 2 pants sizes!!!

Hang on!
I'm sorry your sister-in-law isn't being supportive. We all need to stay strong in these situations and stay true to our goals. Good luck tonight and know that the whole IP community is behind you.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Morning All! Today is WI 5 and my commitment has not wavered a bit. At that point in my life where I am so ready to get back to a healthy body!

My sister in law, who is on a different diet plan, is having us for dinner tomorrow eve. She called to tell me everything she is making- nothing I will be able to eat! Meatloaf with onions grilled, topped with some sauce, red mashed potatos, corn. I might be able to eat the salad and take out the croutons, cheese, nuts, etc. She tried to debate me on why I should be able to eat what she is making.

I kindly and honestly told her that she doesn't need to change her plan for me. I
will be fine. Guess I will eat BEFORE I go and just pick around the salad without appearing ungrateful! Geeze!

Hang on!
I had a co-worker bring me in a pastrami, cheese, mayo, pickled sandwich yesterday. Normally, she cooks for all of us and I LOVE HER FOOD. She is from a different ethnic background and likes to feed everyone. She kept putting the plate of food on my desk and I kept trying to explain to her that I couldn't eat what she was giving to me. She looked so DISAPPOINTED when i gave her the plate back numerous times. I felt so bad. I just knew i couldn't do it though. She didn't understand... Normally, even after i used to eat lunch and she would bring something in, I would still eat it because I felt bad. But, this time I didn't!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #37  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

On day 4! I am still experiencing headaches, drinking water, ate the salt, but no luck. I am starting to think I might have a sinus issue. It feels like a sinus headache so maybe it's not even related to the diet. Or maybe it's all in my head and I'm just psyching myself out? I don't know I just want this headache to go away. Other than that, I am feeling great a little nauseous at times, but feeling less hungry everyday.
Drink plenty of water. It might be a sinus thing... Perhaps you need two advil to help with swelling if it is... Hang in there.

Quote:
I had a co-worker bring me in a pastrami, cheese, mayo, pickled sandwich yesterday. Normally, she cooks for all of us and I LOVE HER FOOD. She is from a different ethnic background and likes to feed everyone. She kept putting the plate of food on my desk and I kept trying to explain to her that I couldn't eat what she was giving to me. She looked so DISAPPOINTED when i gave her the plate back numerous times. I felt so bad. I just knew i couldn't do it though. She didn't understand... Normally, even after i used to eat lunch and she would bring something in, I would still eat it because I felt bad. But, this time I didn't!
Here is what I used to say. "I am on a strict eating protocol for health reasons... (don't say "diet"). I am only allowed to eat certain things for a while. I will be able to enjoy this type of food again, but not for now. Thanks for thinking of me, I really appreciate it and it looks delicious."

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 01-05-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #38  

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone!

Mine was a sinus headache feeling too, it eventually did go away. Sleep helped! Also caffeine helps. I'll have a coffee to help.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

mrsmurphy - a sinus headache is what I feel I get also, it is better today and I am sure hoping I don't feel as hungry today. I am hoping Ketosis will kick in over the next couple of days.

Last night I slept fairly well for me (insomniac), but woke up with a very vivid dream. Before bed some friends called and wanted hubby and me to go out to dinner on Saturday for my birthday, so we said "yes". So, then I went to bed, my dream was that I was opening my gift (in the restaurant) and it was filled with "Weight Watchers" stuff, I can still see that bright pink and white book, OMG, too funny. It at least could have been filled with IP packets.

Everyone have a great day
Old 01-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

oh, something else I wanted to say. I really don't want this to sound negative, so take it in the "realistic" light I want to convey. Some people are setting some really "high" expectations and that is great, but the reality is,not everyone loses like the program says. I did not cheat once and my average weight loss over the 5 months was 1.75 lbs. I think it depends on many things and age is one, if you are young, you will lose quicker for sure and then medical conditions and medications play a part. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism right before starting IP and my meds had to be adjusted during the course of the journey. Also, if you are post-meno your loses may not be as good. What I am getting at is that EVERYONE is different, I was a S-L-O-W loser in the IP world, but stuck with it (thanks to people like WUV encouraging me) Also remember the less you have to lose, it is slower or slows down a little, but remember it does work. Nothing else worked for me, that is why I went to the doctor, I had been going to WW for 3 months with no cheating and only lost 3 lbs, in hind sight I am sure the thyroid didn't help, but the IP diet is what I swear by, because even when I had small loses, I lost inches. Well, I am back on to journey to my final goal and I know it will be so much slower than some of you here, but it does work. FORWARD....MARCH!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 170/155/130

Height: 5'7"

So of course I woke up with a nasty cold !! I feel like i'm wasting calories on the dayquil but I need it. I think this diet works for me so well because it I'm not really a fan of the food, so I just eat because I HAVE TO not because I enjoy it ... I guess I - eat to live, rather then - live to eat !

Well happy dieting IP'ers, Have a nice day !!!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

And, New Englander, your photo looks fabulous! Way to go MustangMolly![/QUOTE]

Thank you SomedayBubblySomeday! That's my 199 photos!!! 30 down!!! 35 to go!!! WOO HOO!!!

Last edited by New Englander; 01-05-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lroderick View Post
So of course I woke up with a nasty cold !! I feel like i'm wasting calories on the dayquil but I need it. I think this diet works for me so well because it I'm not really a fan of the food, so I just eat because I HAVE TO not because I enjoy it ... I guess I - eat to live, rather then - live to eat !

Well happy dieting IP'ers, Have a nice day !!!
Sorry you're sick...I wish i could take all pills instead of food....I asked my husband if he thought I could blend my protein (meats etc) so I could just drink it down real quick...then we both made funny faces and thought it would taste super gross!!! The other night I got a stomach bug (24 hours) and forced some food down, but not all of it... blah!

Get well soon!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 287/144/150

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
Question: My GF is doing IP through a coach and they are only going to measure her every 8 weeks. Is this normal? I thought you get weighed AND measured every week.
I only get measured every 6 wks.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Default Wi #4

WI #4 yesterday lost another 2.4 lbs!!

16.4 pounds in 28 days! So motivated to keep going!

So cute, yesterday my 18 yr old son came in while I was folding laundry and said "Mom, you look......different". Then he gestured with his hand..."more pulled together.". I think he meant thinner in an awkward teenage way
Closed Thread