Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Here are the facts of my life and the choices that I face.

I can't eat what I want AND be thin. Those are cards that I have been dealt. But, I have some choices.

1) I can eat well, be thin and happy, and not eat whatever I want whenever I want...
OR,
2) I can be fat, eat what I want, and be unhealthy and unhappy.

I have chosen to be thin. On this program, you will LEARN to eat the right things, and you will learn to like healthy food.

It's a struggle, every day, even in maintenance. I face choices. The world is full of junk food that is designed to make us crave it... I have a hard time with things sometimes. But, that's life.

Think of something that you are good at. I didn't have to study much in school and got good grades. Other people would kill for that. Those are the cards I was dealt. You get what you get...

Enough reality for you?
I love this post - good reality check for everyone! Welcome back to the daily thread - I've missed your informational posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Newbies and restarters just remember this is a marathon and not a sprint.
THIS is exactly RIGHT! Anyone who is new, cut and paste and tape on to a bathroom mirror!! So you can see it everytime you go to the loo.

Good to see you too 2RIDE, I'll have some questions for you in the upcoming week that I need to properly formulate.

All the questions and comments on the packets are making me smile and re-live some of the gagaliousness that I had when I first started.

It's apparent from many people who are experienced on this diet (many posted today)....THAT IT WORKS...but it doesn't mean it comes easy...keep with it, keep your eye on the prize and just never give up!

This diet has changed my life in so many ways that I cannot even count them or even visualize them. I was off medication due to weight within 6 weeks because my diet had improved so much. My doctor is falling in love with me, lol. I am trying so hard to NOT buy clothes because I can see someone I have never seen before. I think I'm in about grade 8-9 right now. This diet shapes your body, my fitness buddy was shocked at how much I weigh right now considering what I look like. My gf is 17 lbs lighter then me and is in bigger clothes. I can't say ENOUGH about this diet...but it's a marathon.

Good luck to all of you, we're here when you need it!

Last edited by Ishbel; 01-04-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 185/143/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Afternoon,

So today should of been week 3 WI- but i am now going to every 2 weeks since the clinic I go to is about 45mins away and I always have to leave work early, it was very nice of my coach to work with me! I get to pick up 2 weeks worth of food and thanks to these great forums and especially the recipes I have so many things i want to try!!
So although I didnt do an "offical WI" I have been doing a WI myself each Wed. morning. My starting WI 3 wks ago was 174, and today I hit 163
So I think that is pretty dang good!
And everyone who talks about it being a motivator or increase of self esteem from weight loss I can totally relate, and for those who talk about being depressed and discouraged, I can totally relate!
I have a close girl friend who keeps "trying" to diet and I told her I really belive she has to believe in herself first. The food cravings will always be there but when you get to the point where you see yourself more important then that momentary pleasure from eatting that food, you will realize that you can say no easily to everything that was soo tempting before. Everyone comes to this place in their own journey all I can do is encourage those around me
Old 01-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #93  
Ericaceae

S/C/G: Started IP 12.12.11

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Wow congrats!!! It's amazing what TOM can do to our bodies, but 18lbs is incredible!!! That's also wonderful that you have such a supportive coach and your hubby is on board. Mine is very supportive but honestly has no idea what I'm going through because he has always been as skinny as a rail.

RE the meat question. I am pretty sure it's now a general consensus that IP has changed the requirements, but if your coach hasn't been to any recent training they might not be up to date. On the sheet my coach gave me back in October she crossed out the different guidelines for fish and chicken, beef, pork and wrote 5-8oz above it. I generally eat 2 tilapia fillets for dinner and when I've weighed them it's between 7 and 8 ounces. I've attached what I believe is the most recent set of guidelines. HTH!

ETA: Where in VA are you? I'm heading back there in a few months (that's where we're from) and would love to find a local IP clinic up there.
Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised at the loss, especially after last week's WI. Definitely helps that my hubby is doing it with me. Thanks for the PDF and the meat info, I knew it was 5-8 oz!!! =)

We just moved to Lynchburg from Atlanta...quite a change, as you can imagine, but we really like it here so far. Where are you going to be living?
Old 01-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Yes, that first WI will make it all worth while. I remember that first week being so hungry till ketosis kicked in, which for me was about the 6th day. I would just go to bed early those first few nights. Now with being in ketosis I'm never hungry.

I can relate. i have been in bed the last three nights before 9.. I eat, do some homework and i'm in bed, id rather be sleeping then dealing with the symptoms lol
Old 01-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #95  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmt1372 View Post
Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised at the loss, especially after last week's WI. Definitely helps that my hubby is doing it with me. Thanks for the PDF and the meat info, I knew it was 5-8 oz!!! =)

We just moved to Lynchburg from Atlanta...quite a change, as you can imagine, but we really like it here so far. Where are you going to be living?
I knew you would have a great WI, but I'm pleasantly shocked at how great!

I have a coach that does things a little different than most coaches. For instance, I wasn't "allowed" restricted veggies or foods until I went to phase 2. I knew that my clinic's info was outdated, but I wasn't going to argue with them over it. I just got my friend to purchase restricteds through her clinic and once a month I would meet up with her to pick up my boot-legged IP products. Sometimes, you just have to do what you gotta do. It's frustrating, but this site will keep you more in the know than your coaches most of the time.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #96  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach2lose View Post
I have been having a hard time getting back into the plan. I was off most of the holidays. I know I just need to do it. I haven't gone to weigh in yet because I was out of town. I need to get back on track! Reading all of your posts is very inspiring! Thanks!
Hi Teach,
I to was "weak" over the holidays... it happens.... but I am back on track ready to do this full force!. Good luck... you know you can do it - have confidence and remember how great you felt while you were on plan
Old 01-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #97  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
I have always ridden western. I feel that right now i am too heavy to ride so getting below 200 is a big goal for me. I am breaking one of the horses in and been spending lots of time this summer doing ground work. He is ready for some saddle work so I am hoping I can do that soon. Then spend the summer riding with hubby along the country roads. The one i am training now would be awesome in barrels so maybe I will do that next summer. Can't wait!
This horse can handle my weight, his mother is a full Arab and she can carry me but, I don't ride her. I have an 8 month old colt that is the grandson of the Arab. I'm ground training him although, not sure I will be the one to ride him as a green horse but, that will be a few years. Hopefully we can keep each other motivated.

Last edited by sekc14; 01-04-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 185/163/130

Height: 5'7"

Day 4 for me and I feel horrible! Will get through this!!!

I'm reading the success stories and what an inspiration. CONGRATULATIONS to you all!!!

A few questions.

Can we have mustard?

I feel so sick after taking the vitamins, will this pass? Can the diet be successful without taking the vitamins?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #99  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimup2day View Post
Day 4 for me and I feel horrible! Will get through this!!!

I'm reading the success stories and what an inspiration. CONGRATULATIONS to you all!!!

A few questions.

Can we have mustard?

I feel so sick after taking the vitamins, will this pass? Can the diet be successful without taking the vitamins?

Thanks

I would say yes to regular mustard, just be careful with Honey Mustard
Old 01-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #100  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

I have my first "official" appointment tomorrow so that I can finally start IP on Friday. I have been reading the threads for weeks and hope I can do as well as everyone on this site. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Thanks for all the wonderful recipes. I have been copying and printing like crazy.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #101  
Started IP 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 211/196/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
Day one of IP...

I had the crispy cereal for breakfast, and ew. I'm not a fan.
I put cinnamon in mine to make it more tolerable......also using VERY cold water helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post

IDEAL PROTEIN NON-RESTRICTED PANCAKES:
Ingredients:
1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up (I roll with a rolling pin while still in the package)
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon & Nutmeg, to taste

Directions:
Beat together in small bowl the following:
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp vanilla

Add in to cereal pkg the following:
1/4 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Pour dry mix in to egg white mixture and combine.
Cook in pan as you would pancakes. (Non-stick pan or spray with PAM or other cooking spray)

I spray the pancakes with a squirt of the zero calorie/ zero carb / zero fat "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" (Ordered from ebay since they dont have it in my country) for that hot buttered taste of real pancakes.

Makes 3 - 4 small, but thick American-style pancakes. Sweet enough to eat without any other topping, but if you have the Ideal Protein Maple Syrup, use that.
This is the recipe i use......DELICIOUS!! Sometimes when I am making these, I make more servings and freeze them for future use......pop them in the microwave and out the door I go!

Well day two of my restart and feeling AWESOME!! VERY EXCITED to weigh in next week! Last time i used restricteds right away and this time im waiting three weeks to see if there is a difference! That will be cool if there is.....for the better of course!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

So, here's some good news. So, I started IP alternative on Monday. I hadn't weighed myself when I started because I had gone to the doctor two weeks prior, where i found out that I weighed 293. So, I bought a scale tonight. I just got on the scale for the heck of it. I weighed 278. I got on like five times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. So some time between the last 3 weeks I lost 15 pounds? GO ME!

I have only been on IP for three days I couldn't have possibly lost any weight already, could I? However, I was doing p90x with my sister two times a week and "watching" what I was eating, before I started the diet. Regardless, of how it came off, before or after the diet... IT CAME OFF!

I won't weigh myself again til Monday - that will be a week since I started IP. I am excited as ever!!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Can we have mustard?

Thanks
Yes, you can use mustard just be sure to check the ingredients for sugar. You would be surprised at how many mustards actually contain sugar.

As far as the vitamins making you feel sick. I always take my pills right after I have eaten something. It helps with the sick feeling and also helps some nutrients absorb better.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 185/163/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by galpal445 View Post
Yes, you can use mustard just be sure to check the ingredients for sugar. You would be surprised at how many mustards actually contain sugar.

As far as the vitamins making you feel sick. I always take my pills right after I have eaten something. It helps with the sick feeling and also helps some nutrients absorb better.
Thank you!!

Im taking the vitamins after I eat, still feeling very sick - even throw up. Never have been able to take pills, is this all part of getting into ketosis? I'm assuming this won't work without the vitamins, right? This is not a question I can ask my coach as I know what the answer will be.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #105  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Thank you!!

Im taking the vitamins after I eat, still feeling very sick - even throw up. Never have been able to take pills, is this all part of getting into ketosis? I'm assuming this won't work without the vitamins, right? This is not a question I can ask my coach as I know what the answer will be.

Thanks
Eating only 800-900calories a day we do not get everything we need nutritional wise that is why the supplements are needed. Sorry I know that is not what you wanted to hear but its the truth. The supplements aren't taken to lose the weight just to give us the nutrition we are missing. If I am wrong someone correct me please!
Closed Thread