3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   weighing meat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/249357-weighing-meat.html)

New Englander 12-31-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galpal445 (Post 4150587)
I was told by my coach that everything was to be weighed raw.

But I don't weigh my meat. I "eyeball" about 8 ounces of raw meat. Cook it. Then eat as much of it as I am hungry for. Last night I ended up leaving almost a third of it on my plate because I just wasn't hungry for it anymore. I always make sure to eat my lettuce and the 2 cups of vegetables I need to eat and most times I am just too full to continue eating any more of the protein.:smug:

I measure everything and was eating the 5 ounces of meat (because I can't eat 8...learned it's typical of a lot of us to not be able to eat all the protein). Turns out I have to increase my protein to 6-8 due to muscle loss and the heart is a muscle so I'm making sure to eat my appropriate protein. Be sure to eat it all even though it can be hard. I can continue 5 oz of chicken or fish and then my coach recommended having 1 egg white to add to my protein intake>

galpal445 12-31-2011 02:02 PM

Thanks for the info! I will start weighing the raw meat to make sure I am really starting out with 8 ounces. My eyeballs could be way off and I could very well be wrong. I could be really starting out with 10 ounces. If that is the case, then my eating only 2/3 of it would be the correct amount for me to be eating. I will see what happens next time I have meat for supper!

mamacitaof2 01-03-2012 07:34 AM

I don't weigh my meat. I just eyeball it also. I've been using the serving size rule of thumb...size of a deck of cards. I realize that doesn't work will all meats, but I'll keep using it as long as I keep losing!

Linden 01-03-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 (Post 4154063)
I don't weigh my meat. I just eyeball it also. I've been using the serving size rule of thumb...size of a deck of cards. I realize that doesn't work will all meats, but I'll keep using it as long as I keep losing!

I think the deck of cards analogy signifies 3-4 ounces of meat, cooked. The object here isn't so much to keep losing weight but to RETAIN muscle mass.

mamacitaof2 01-03-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 4154255)
I think the deck of cards analogy signifies 3-4 ounces of meat, cooked. The object here isn't so much to keep losing weight but to RETAIN muscle mass.

So should I be eating more then? Or since it's 3-4oz of cooked meat am I ok? Should I assume thats 5-7 raw?

wuv2bloved 01-03-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 (Post 4154281)
So should I be eating more then? Or since it's 3-4oz of cooked meat am I ok? Should I assume thats 5-7 raw?

You should(IMO) be eating more. 3-4ozs isn't enough even though it is cooked. I know some chicken breast aren't even 4 ozs when you buy them. Try to get as close to 8 oz as possible. Its the only real food you eat all day. Measure a few times then you can kinda get an idea of how much it is. A deck of card size isn't enough!!

NewSexyMe 01-04-2012 03:08 AM

I Weigh out 10 oz of uncooked protein....figured once I cook it its closer to 8...and don't think the extra 2oz wouldn't hurt... Weight loss hasn't been affected.