3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Frustrating WI #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/249183-frustrating-wi-2-a.html)

hmt1372 12-27-2011 06:59 PM

Frustrating WI #2

So last week I lost 10.6 lbs and 15.5 inches, so I was really excited about this week. However, the dreaded TOM hit today so I was slightly apprehensive but did think it could be that bad, but boy was I wrong. I GAINED 10 lbs, but here's the weird thing, I lost 5 more inches, 4 in my waist. Have any of you experienced this with your TOM? I'm trying to stay positive and rationalize that if I were truly gaining weight, I wouldn't be losing inches, but I am really frustrated as I stayed OP all through the holidays.

Any words of wisdom out there?

Thanks!

SomedayBubblySomeday 12-27-2011 07:35 PM

My guess is water weight? My theory is that a lot of the first week's loss could've been water weight and not fat. If you retained water during your TOM, then the so-called pounds would be right back on. So, you are likely losing fat if you are losing inches, I would think. Any loss is a win, so be proud of yourself for losing those inches and congrats for staying OP during the holidays! It will all work itself out, just be patient :)

JellyMae87 12-27-2011 07:36 PM

Well just get chugging along... Tom is strange on this diet... So just give it another week. Drink your water to flush any retention away...

Linden 12-28-2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyMae87 (Post 4147463)
Well just get chugging along... Tom is strange on this diet... So just give it another week. Drink your water to flush any retention away...

101!!! CONGRATULATIONS. You must be ecstatic. :D

Paint Lady 12-28-2011 07:09 PM

Tom is definitely different on this diet. Have you ever weighed yourself on day 1 of Tom prior to IP? Is there usually that much of a weight fluctuation? I always have a big fluctuation, even before IP. You lost, it's just not reflecting in the number yet. Try not to be too discouraged and remember, the scale only shows what you weigh at that one second. I bet you have a great WI #3! This diet works. Don't give up!

hmt1372 12-29-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paint Lady (Post 4148265)
Tom is definitely different on this diet. Have you ever weighed yourself on day 1 of Tom prior to IP? Is there usually that much of a weight fluctuation? I always have a big fluctuation, even before IP. You lost, it's just not reflecting in the number yet. Try not to be too discouraged and remember, the scale only shows what you weigh at that one second. I bet you have a great WI #3! This diet works. Don't give up!

Thanks for your response. =) Yes, prior to IP my weight could fluctuate as much as 10-12 lbs right before and during my TOM, so I have not stressed about it too much. I feel some of the water weight is already starting to drain away as my wedding ring is looser today than it was the past few days. It was just crummy timing with my weigh in, but I guess I'm just going to have to get used to dealing with that every four weeks, so might as well deal with it now, right?

Thanks for all of your encouragement, it is greatly appreciated.