Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Hey Bella, welcome back to phase 1, we are on the home stretch now!

I switched to Krill Oil too when Leiden mentioned it. I have always had trouble with Omega supplements, they make me nauseous no matter what I take them with. The krill oil is fantastic. Now I can take my supplements, and have my protein shake on my long early morning commute and feel just fine.

I went off plan on Christmas Eve and Christmas. I didn't go hog wild, didn't have grain products or alcohol but did have some sugary treats.

I am thinking ahead to maintenance, I wanted to check two things. One was would I gain weight rapidly when I added no-nos back. The answer to that was yes, I was up a pound right away. My other question was would I go back of my life long problem of carb frenzies with the chocolate additions. The answer to that was no; it must be bread and baked goods that sends me down that garden path.

The other big issue I had is once I ate off plan for two days I mentally was sure I weighed 200 pounds again and was sure none of my clothes would fit.
So what I need to keep at the front of my mind is when I do have a venture in the wrong direction when I am in maintenance that I can get right back on track and not to give up quickly.

So I am back on program starting the day after Christmas and hope to reach goal in time to phase off for my break at the end of March. I downloaded a free app on my smart phone called ideal weight. It is quite simple really, just a few questions. It said that the ideal weight for a man stays consistent throughout his life but for a woman it changes with age.

I had been thinking I would lower my goal as I neared my original goal of 130. The app gave my ideal weight as 127.
So I have changed my ticker with that as my new goal. So I have 9 pounds to go.

So ready to get to the finish line this spring.

Continuing good results for all of us, even slow losers such as me!

Pat
Pat,

I had to laugh about "as soon as you ate off plan, you thought you would go back to 200 lbs" I felt the exact same way! I phased off and stayed on Phase 4 until the week or so before Christmas. I decided to eat what I wanted, when I wanted to see the "aftermath" I ate and drank whatever for the past 2+ weeks and amazingly I was only up 2 lbs when I weighed this am, so I figure that will be gone my first week back on PHase 1. I know that I definitely don't (can't) eat as much as I used to and too much sugary food makes me feel ill.
I am picking up some krill oil today. I am like you, fish oil makes me nausious no matter the brand or time of day I take it.
You are sooooooooo close to goal. Good Luck and I'll be seeing you on the boards.
Closed Thread