Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 02:41 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Cool IP Daily Chat Monday 12/19/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 12-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/200/?

Height: 5'8"

First post: Been OP 1 1/2 weeks and suffering all the way (I do not like diets). But, as a diabetic, I have renewed enthusiasm! Blood sugar this morning was 89, a number I have never seen since being diagnosed!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/240/210

Height: 5'10"

Good morning everyone...I was down another 4 pounds ...average loss for me it seems...my clothes are falling off and my next size in my closet is fitting better and better...i have been on this journey before with other programs...so am more preparded for the steps that I have to take to make it to the end of this journey...after 7 weigh ins I am ready to get back to the gym...Hope everyone has a on program day...and congrats to everyone who made good choices over the weekend...we can do this.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Christy View Post
First post: Been OP 1 1/2 weeks and suffering all the way (I do not like diets). But, as a diabetic, I have renewed enthusiasm! Blood sugar this morning was 89, a number I have never seen since being diagnosed!
Welcome to 3FC and IP, and best of luck to you. And chod45 - congrats on the loss too. Excellent!

Rainy day today and time to start packing as we are flying home tomorrow for about 5 days. I need to figure also how much IP food to take with us. Anyway, hope everyone is having a good Monday and staying dry and warm.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #5  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Well its Monday!! BLAH!!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #6  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

Haven't been able to post lately due to being busy at work and not having internet at home, I can only check this site at home from my android phone which is a pain to type on, so I only read and don't write anything.

Anyway, we had our Christmas party at the office and I wanted to put some pictures since I was at my heaviest last Christmas, it shows a big difference

I went off program a little bit over the weekend, but I am back! I hate it when I do this! but better not dwell on it.

If I don't post anymore, I want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and for those who don't celebrate Christmas, happy holidays
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Difference - Christmas.jpg (26.2 KB, 57 views)
Old 12-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 293/275/200

Height: 5'8"

Good Mornin! I havent been on in a lonng time its so awesome to see how great everyone is doing! Sandra you look awesome congrats!! Everyone is looking fab! So i have been on phase 3 for the past 2 weeks going on to phase 4 for temp maintenance during the holidays. This month was too busy and chaotic and I just felt like I needed a break from IP just to focus on life and have a little extra carbs and fruit during the holidays and Im really glad I did but I am soooooooo excited to get back on phase 1 in Jan and lose the rest of this weight. I just went shopping for clothes for the first time since losing all this weight and could hardly contain myexcitement I have been wearing nasty stretch pants and sweats since all my clothes got to big but I wanted to wait to surprise myself and I bought myself a sexy LITTLE black dress for Christmas from a regular store not a plus size! I will def post some pics after Christmas but its kept me motivated to keep at it and not gain while on maintenance and push towards losing the rest. Hope everyone has an awesome Christmas and keeps strong through the holidays! <3~<3
Old 12-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #8  
Time to take care of me!

S/C/G: 164/ See tracker :)

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Welcome to 3FC and IP, and best of luck to you. And chod45 - congrats on the loss too. Excellent!

Rainy day today and time to start packing as we are flying home tomorrow for about 5 days. I need to figure also how much IP food to take with us. Anyway, hope everyone is having a good Monday and staying dry and warm.
Hey Dana,
I just came back from 4 days training for work in Cary, NC. A co-worker had gone the week before, and warned me “ They feed you ‘till you’re stuffed….. for free” My first thought was, how the **** am I gonna stay OP???!!!!! So I figured I would just take all ready-made drinks and snacks, but realized I didn’t want to have to check in my bags. I laid out all my packet on the counter, and with a Sharpie started labeling them: Tue- breakfast, Tue- lunch, etc, until I covered all my days out.
My breakfasts consisted mainly of Wildberry yogurt, and had it before leaving my hotel room. Then I'd have a tea to join the group at breakfast.
For lunch, I’d prep either Chocolate or Banana pudding, put it in a cup with lid, into a Ziplock and into my purse. I was lucky they had grilled veggies, and unlimited salad for lunch!
Snack was a cookies n’ cream bar.
For dinner we’d go out to different restaurants every day, again all paid, I ended up having grilled chicken EVERY DAY (was on every menu), although once I had to ask them to keep the BBQ sauce off. Plenty of seasonal veggies… Just had to pass on the grits and Happy Hour : ( Also, I made sure to pack my WF 1000 Island dressing to-go-packs, enough for lunch and dinner, can’t go wrong with a salad!

The only thing I forgot was my salt shaker, after using sea salt for the past month or so, regular table salt was a bit of a shock to my taste buds. Don’t forget your protein shaker, your vitamins and supplements!!!

It was definitely hard to control how much oil, what type of oil, or other seasonings were in the foods I ate, but I know I did my best. Also, I made sure I drank plenty of water…I mean PLENTY!!!! Couldn’t wait to get back home to jump on the scale….I must confess I was scared!!! The good news is I didn’t gain any weight, if anything 3 pounds down from my last WI…. So I guess all the planning ahead paid off : )

Remember, I ate lunch and dinner with some people I barely know, it should be easier if you are around family.

Hope some of this helps you somehow.

Good luck on your trip, and stay strong!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Height: 5'4"

I had my boyfriends Xmas party this past Saturday. I really wanted to have a few drinks and enjoy myself. That Saturday, before we left, i drank 3 litres of water and my only vegetables i hate through the day was celery. I also only had jello as my protein IP stuff. For dinner i had chicken and vegetables and some shrimp as an appetizer. I did have a couple of glasses(3 yikes) of red wine and a diet coke and rum. We were dancing that night and then the next day i drank 3 litres of water again and went for the very low carb IP stuff and only had celery for my veggies the next day. Dinner was usual, meat, veggies and salad. I am very happy to report this morning i was down 1/2 lb!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #10  
Time to take care of me!

S/C/G: 164/ See tracker :)

Height: 5'0"

My official WI is tomorrow...so we'll see.....WI 145 this morning at home... I really hope it's accurate.
Let's keep it up!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:16 PM   #11  
Giniwarrior

S/C/G: 238/178/155

Height: 5'5"

Its really cold here in the Sierras and no snow on the ground. Can't say I feel bad about that. With a hour commute both ways I am enjoying not driving in inclement weather:-) I am still managing to make my way through the land mines of treats and desserts our patients bring in. Bless their hearts. The omission of holiday cheer (cocktails) will be tough. Sometimes thats the only way to deal with some realitives. ;-) I am just taking one day at a time through this time of year.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:16 PM   #12  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Hi Everyone! Good luck tomorrow on your WI xchick2012. My 3rd WI is Thursday. This weekend was tough. Not hungry but really wanted to stress eat! So far 13 lbs first 2 weeks. Keeping strong....
Old 12-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

Haven't been able to post lately due to being busy at work and not having internet at home, I can only check this site at home from my android phone which is a pain to type on, so I only read and don't write anything.

Anyway, we had our Christmas party at the office and I wanted to put some pictures since I was at my heaviest last Christmas, it shows a big difference

I went off program a little bit over the weekend, but I am back! I hate it when I do this! but better not dwell on it.

If I don't post anymore, I want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and for those who don't celebrate Christmas, happy holidays
You look amazing! Love the dress too! Keep it up, we're almost done with this challenging time!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

My 2nd WI is Wednesday then I,m leaving the next day for the mountains with 15 people thru the 26th. Group dinners, but the rest of the time the 3 families are on our own. I'm trying to stay hyper focused on this plan...have no intentions of going off. I just feel uncomfortable with people knowing I'm on ANOTHER weight loss plan. Trying to fly under the radar....
Old 12-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #15  
ON IP Since November 1

S/C/G: 191/175.6/125

Height: 5'4

Good Morning Everyone,

This is week 7 for me and I have had a slow ride so far, there have been a lot of temptations along the way and I gave in quite a bit, which is why it has been a little slower for my losses, I am hoping for a good loss this week. Wednesday is my weighin before I leave for the holidays and I am hoping that I will have the strength to stay on plan while I am away.
Part of me has already given up a bit, I am back at a comfortable weight and its hard to stay motivated through the holidays because I am going to Mexico a week after Christmas and I am planning on being off plan in Mexico for the most part. I am happy with my success so far, I just wish I had started this plan sooner so that I could be in Maintenance by now. So my new plan is to do my best over the holidays and hopefully lose another 5 to 10 lbs by the time I leave for my trip to mexico and then when I am back I will be 100% commited and hopefully in maintenance by Easter.

Hope everyone has a great day on plan.
Closed Thread