Old 12-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #1  
My friends call me Darrel

S/C/G: 414/314/215

Height: 6'2"

Default Dog food and my trip to New Orleans

The subjects aren't related but wanted to post on both.

Week before last I went to the pet store to get some dog food. Got two big bags. Tossed one over my shoulder and the other under my arm. On the way up to the register I'm thinking about the weight of each bag. 34.7 lbs. And it hit me, that was just about how much I've lost. 70 lbs. I know I was carrying that weight around every day but just picking it up again was revealing.

Also I was in New Orleans on business last week. First trip since starting IP. I was able to get by on the plane without a belt extender! First time in 5 years. On the return flight I was actually able to put my tray down and have my water and tea, but it was still a tight fit to the belly. Sitting next to someone was still uncomfortable but it was more just about the plane being small rather than me being too big. I love the food in New Orleans (beignets, fried seafood, and hurricanes were my diet last time I was there). But this time staying away from bad stuff wasn't the hard part. It was finding vegetables and getting enough water. I brought crispy cereal for breakfast in my room. Chocolate shakes and bars to add to any salad I could scrounge up at lunch from the conference. My only "bad night" was charbroiled oysters at Drago's. No carbs, just a bit too much fat. Was also given two shots of Patron by a colleague. Other than that I did well ordering meats, fresh seafood (the Redfish at Oceana Grill is incredible), salads, and sides of veggies. I also walked a lot around the Quarter and other neighborhoods. Probably 3 miles most days. When I got back I was the same weight as when I left which surprised me.

I was nervous about the trip before but the result has helped boost my confidence in this process. Makes me feel more confident about the holidays too.

Merry Christmas and best of luck to everyone else over the holidays. We can do it!
tykesplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #2  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tykesplace View Post

I was nervous about the trip before but the result has helped boost my confidence in this process. Makes me feel more confident about the holidays too.
Yes! to both parts of the post and Merry Christmas AND the very best of the good luck you're making for yourself.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #3  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tykesplace View Post
The subjects aren't related but wanted to post on both.

Week before last I went to the pet store to get some dog food. Got two big bags. Tossed one over my shoulder and the other under my arm. On the way up to the register I'm thinking about the weight of each bag. 34.7 lbs. And it hit me, that was just about how much I've lost. 70 lbs. I know I was carrying that weight around every day but just picking it up again was revealing.

Also I was in New Orleans on business last week. First trip since starting IP. I was able to get by on the plane without a belt extender! First time in 5 years. On the return flight I was actually able to put my tray down and have my water and tea, but it was still a tight fit to the belly. Sitting next to someone was still uncomfortable but it was more just about the plane being small rather than me being too big. I love the food in New Orleans (beignets, fried seafood, and hurricanes were my diet last time I was there). But this time staying away from bad stuff wasn't the hard part. It was finding vegetables and getting enough water. I brought crispy cereal for breakfast in my room. Chocolate shakes and bars to add to any salad I could scrounge up at lunch from the conference. My only "bad night" was charbroiled oysters at Drago's. No carbs, just a bit too much fat. Was also given two shots of Patron by a colleague. Other than that I did well ordering meats, fresh seafood (the Redfish at Oceana Grill is incredible), salads, and sides of veggies. I also walked a lot around the Quarter and other neighborhoods. Probably 3 miles most days. When I got back I was the same weight as when I left which surprised me.

Merry Christmas and best of luck to everyone else over the holidays. We can do it!
Congrats!! I am sure that its always a good feeling deep inside!!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Awesome job!!....congrats...this program sure teaches us a lot along the way and its attainable in all aspects, that is why I LOVE IT!!

You were only and HOUR from me!!!!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 12-18-2011 at 05:17 PM.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #5  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Congrats! Kudos on not needing the extender! Bet that was some big motivation to stay OP too.
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:03 AM   #6  
My friends call me Darrel

S/C/G: 414/314/215

Height: 6'2"

Thanks everyone. I'm even more charged up now for my next trip to Austin end of Feb.
tykesplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:00 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7'

Way to go! Awesome job!
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote