Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2011, 03:43 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011
Thread Starter
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,110

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend Chat Saturday 12/10 - Sunday 12/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!



Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.


Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
wuv2bloved is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 07:35 AM   #2  
Senior Member
 
sandyh50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 589

Default

Good morning fellow IPers! I am up early to watch the lunar eclipse. Love looking out my window in my bedroom to watch the moon instead of standing outside in the cold!!! I am on my last week of phase 3 and then onto maintenance! It has been exciting eating the phase 3 breakfasts everyday.

Hang in there everyone, and be sure to keep at it and phase off properly!
sandyh50 is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #3  
Junior Member
 
Bailey6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 19

S/C/G: 135/124/120

Default

Is it okay to take only one week to Phase off for Phase 2 & 3? I am going out of town for a mini vacation and only have that much time to phase off.
Bailey6 is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #4  
Senior Member
 
leganegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 441

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey6 View Post
Is it okay to take only one week to Phase off for Phase 2 & 3? I am going out of town for a mini vacation and only have that much time to phase off.
Do you have a coach, i would get their opinion. But I think, if that is the only time you have between now and vacation, it's better than going form phase 1 to eating what you want on vacation. your body will thank you and you won't feel as miserable.
leganegan is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #5  
Senior Member
 
leganegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 441

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Default

Well, a dear friend is in town from California. A group of us went to dinner last night. Long story short I one of the women there, I can't stand. I try because she is friends with my dear friend. But the girl is so judgmental and nosy. I walk up, she doesn't say hi she just says, look how skinny you are, i need your secret...(the girl is thin already). She keeps going on and on, (I was very short with her), she says wow and in a short amount of time. She was watching everything I ate and questioning everything! She kept asking my friend if I was pregnant cause I didn't order wine. And then when it came time to order dessert, she said, you aren't eating sweets either? I just told her I don't typically order dessert after dinner. (which is not a lie). And when she kept asking how I lost it, i just told her eating clean and making good choices.

I think the girl is insecure and she acts more ignorant than she is for attention. It is actually really sad, she had a daughter really young and now she just got divorced, and is trying to find herself. But I still get annoyed being around her. Sorry to vent. I should get an award though, for not caving in and ordering a beverage to deal with her! lol.

Has December started to get hectic for everyone!? Work has been busy and outside work obligations. Lucky it's easy to stay on plan being busy. Some days I have had a packet instead of "real" protein for convenience....hope that is ok. love, love, love PH 3 breakfast!!! So many options.

Today I am off to work (the school) we are having a big holiday event, the kids are doing the Nutcraker on our school deck, clubs selling baked goods, holiday crafts, etc...band, chorus performs. It's so great for students with learning disabilities, and see the confidence they have and they get a chance to shine! Arts and Music is sooooooooo important for kids!!! It will be great. Off to jog and go set up. I also have a christmas party after the school event tonight. It will be a long day. No bad food or drinks though! Tis' the season to stress ourselves out!

STAY STRONG EVERYONE!
leganegan is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #6  
Junior Member
 
Bailey6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 19

S/C/G: 135/124/120

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
Do you have a coach, i would get their opinion. But I think, if that is the only time you have between now and vacation, it's better than going form phase 1 to eating what you want on vacation. your body will thank you and you won't feel as miserable.
Thank you for responding to my question. Unfortunetly I no longer have a coach. Thanks again and have a great weekend!
Bailey6 is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #7  
Re-started IP 9.7.11
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 2,589

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
Well, a dear friend is in town from California. A group of us went to dinner last night. Long story short I one of the women there, I can't stand. I try because she is friends with my dear friend. But the girl is so judgmental and nosy. I walk up, she doesn't say hi she just says, look how skinny you are, i need your secret...(the girl is thin already). She keeps going on and on, (I was very short with her), she says wow and in a short amount of time. She was watching everything I ate and questioning everything! She kept asking my friend if I was pregnant cause I didn't order wine. And then when it came time to order dessert, she said, you aren't eating sweets either? I just told her I don't typically order dessert after dinner. (which is not a lie). And when she kept asking how I lost it, i just told her eating clean and making good choices.

I think the girl is insecure and she acts more ignorant than she is for attention. It is actually really sad, she had a daughter really young and now she just got divorced, and is trying to find herself. But I still get annoyed being around her. Sorry to vent. I should get an award though, for not caving in and ordering a beverage to deal with her! lol.

Has December started to get hectic for everyone!? Work has been busy and outside work obligations. Lucky it's easy to stay on plan being busy. Some days I have had a packet instead of "real" protein for convenience....hope that is ok. love, love, love PH 3 breakfast!!! So many options.

Today I am off to work (the school) we are having a big holiday event, the kids are doing the Nutcraker on our school deck, clubs selling baked goods, holiday crafts, etc...band, chorus performs. It's so great for students with learning disabilities, and see the confidence they have and they get a chance to shine! Arts and Music is sooooooooo important for kids!!! It will be great. Off to jog and go set up. I also have a christmas party after the school event tonight. It will be a long day. No bad food or drinks though! Tis' the season to stress ourselves out!

STAY STRONG EVERYONE!
I think you deserve a medal, too. And I really like the sentiment in the last paragraph.
Linden is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 57

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Default

Back from my third WI - lost 2.4 for a total of 10.6 lbs and 11 3/8 inches in a month! I feel so great (energetic) on this diet I'm afraid to go off it I've found a lot of great info and support on this forum (I know I say this every time) so thanks!
TracyAWC is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #9  
Senior Member
 
Ishbel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,468

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
I think the girl is insecure and she acts more ignorant than she is for attention. It is actually really sad, she had a daughter really young and now she just got divorced, and is trying to find herself. But I still get annoyed being around her. Sorry to vent. I should get an award though, for not caving in and ordering a beverage to deal with her! lol.

Has December started to get hectic for everyone!? Work has been busy and outside work obligations. Lucky it's easy to stay on plan being busy. Some days I have had a packet instead of "real" protein for convenience....

STAY STRONG EVERYONE!
Those people...I dislike A LOT! I seem to be defending myself a lot...some of it comes from a good place. Regular friends (not very close) have expressed concern in the last two weeks....but if they weren't my friends they wouldn't be treated as nice. You were nice...I may have to take a page out of your book when I go out with some of the VIP's friends for New Years. He's promised to help me be vague. lol

I find Christmas VERY busy this year...:/ Usually I don't feel this busy, I think it's cause I'm travelling to much in Dec again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyAWC View Post
Back from my third WI - lost 2.4 for a total of 10.6 lbs and 11 3/8 inches in a month! I feel so great (energetic) on this diet I'm afraid to go off it I've found a lot of great info and support on this forum (I know I say this every time) so thanks!
WOOHOO

SO, yesterday I had a MASSIVE MASSIVE NSV...I made 10 batches of Poppycock. I make it every year to give away, it's a secret recipe. I was at first a little timid to do it, then I got it in my head that I was going to do it and I was going to be very strong so I could say I did it. 10 batches of ooey gooey goodness and not ONE lick...not a one! I was very happy with myself. So are the people who will recieve the tins of it.

Hope you all have a great day, as leganegan says "STAY STRONG"
Ishbel is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #10  
Happy Spring!
 
Katie8810's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 41

S/C/G: 195//35

Height: 5'5

Default

Good morning everybody! Had a bit of a rough start this morning, seeing +1 on the scale... trying to ignore it because I know I never cheated, and have been drinking tons of water. My parents have decided to suprise me, they should be here in 4 hours, so I'll get a workout by going on a crazy cleaning spree. Thought I would be able to get some christmas stuff done and relax while the DH was gone for the weekend but those plans have definately changed haha. Well, I better hop to it! Have a great OP day everyone!!
Katie8810 is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #11  
Member
 
FoolishHeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 69

S/C/G: 250/200.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Default

Hey IPeeps!

Finally got my signature! Woo hoo! (Why is that so exciting? It's like watching the flight attendant coming down the aisle with the snack cart. Anticipation build up, I guess.)

I spent my computer time this morning designing and figuring out how to insert my ticker... haven't caught up on the chat yet. Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day! We're getting ready for a busy day, a Christmas craft fair in town, grocery shopping and some Christmas crafting ourselves. My 5 yo woke me up excited this morning, already dressed and ready to go!

Last night I dreamt about eating all the goodies my mom usually makes at Christmas time. Didn't panic in my dream this time though, just thought, "oh well, I'll start over tomorrow." When I woke up I was very excited that I don't have to start over getting into ketosis, AND I felt like I had had all those treats! That was a nice little Christmas present. LOL
FoolishHeart is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #12  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3

Default

Good morning all,

I'm new to the sight (this morning actually)! I have been on IP since 11/28/11....today is day 13 and I have lost 9 pounds. woo hoo!! I have been very pleased with the program and with my results thus far, especially, since I live in South Louisiana and we are know for our fabulous food. I do have one question though??? I have noticed that I may be losing more inches than anything, has anyone else experienced this? I don't want to become too obsessed with the pounds.

P.S. wuv2bloved you look amazing...a huge inspiration!

my starting weight 179...today 170
louisiana70508 is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #13  
Senior Member
 
patns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 2,796

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post

I think the girl is insecure and she acts more ignorant than she is for attention. It is actually really sad, she had a daughter really young and now she just got divorced, and is trying to find herself. But I still get annoyed being around her. Sorry to vent. I should get an award though, for not caving in and ordering a beverage to deal with her! lol.

Has December started to get hectic for everyone!? Work has been busy and outside work obligations. Lucky it's easy to stay on plan being busy. Some days I have had a packet instead of "real" protein for convenience....hope that is ok. love, love, love PH 3 breakfast!!! So many options.

Today I am off to work (the school) we are having a big holiday event, the kids are doing the Nutcraker on our school deck, clubs selling baked goods, holiday crafts, etc...band, chorus performs. It's so great for students with learning disabilities, and see the confidence they have and they get a chance to shine! Arts and Music is sooooooooo important for kids!!! It will be great. Off to jog and go set up. I also have a christmas party after the school event tonight. It will be a long day. No bad food or drinks though! Tis' the season to stress ourselves out!

STAY STRONG EVERYONE!

Wow I can't imagine anyone being so concerned about what someone else is eating! And so sad that your comment about acting more ignorant than she is is probably right. Sometimes it is people who are thin to begin with who are so obsessive which is strange.

What fun your day at school will be for your students.
I had to smile about it being out on the school deck though, here they would be frozen in a minute!
This is such a hectic time of year at schools. This year we don't get sprung loose until December 23rd. I assess LD etc kids to see if they qualify for special funding for thr school. I'm still madly writing up reports for the Nov 30th deadlines for first round of grants so I am tied to the computer for the time being. I don't know when we will have time to get our tree up but it will work out somehow.
So enjoy your fun but exhausting day with the kids and you deserve a good Christmas party after.

Pat
patns is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #14  
Senior Member
 
Pamelama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 274

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishHeart View Post
Hey IPeeps!

Finally got my signature! Woo hoo! (Why is that so exciting? It's like watching the flight attendant coming down the aisle with the snack cart. Anticipation build up, I guess.)

I spent my computer time this morning designing and figuring out how to insert my ticker... haven't caught up on the chat yet. Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day! We're getting ready for a busy day, a Christmas craft fair in town, grocery shopping and some Christmas crafting ourselves. My 5 yo woke me up excited this morning, already dressed and ready to go!

Last night I dreamt about eating all the goodies my mom usually makes at Christmas time. Didn't panic in my dream this time though, just thought, "oh well, I'll start over tomorrow." When I woke up I was very excited that I don't have to start over getting into ketosis, AND I felt like I had had all those treats! That was a nice little Christmas present. LOL
OMG. I cracked up at your flight attendant comment. Isn't that the truth?

Today is the start of my 4th day. My coach wanted me to start using Ketosis "sticks" on the 4 th morning. I sent him my "color" and he said I was in Ketosis and burning the fat away! Already this morning I didn't wake up feeling so ravenous, so I hope I'm turning the corner here.

Great weekend planned. Tomorrow I'm seeing Wicked (3rd time-LOVE that musical) and making a few batches of fudge with my daughter for gifts. The ingredients have been sitting on my counter for a few days and not calling my name so I think I'll be okay.

Have a great weekend everyone! Stay sane and safe!

Pam
Pamelama is offline  
Old 12-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #15  
Senior Member
 
DanafromAustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 2,029

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Default

Welcome to those that are new to IP and congrats to those who have had WI's today.

Happy Saturday everyone. Not sure what today is going to bring other than trying to get organized with the gifts I'm giving this year for Hanukkah. Nothing is wrapped yet and the pile of gifts is starting to take over the floor of my closet. My daughter and I may go to a holiday gift show. Not that I need anymore gifts (I'm all done), but I love going to art fares and just looking at the fun creative things to buy.
DanafromAustin is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Weekend Chat Saturday 11/12 - Sunday 11/13 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 117 11-14-2011 07:26 AM
IP Daily Chat - Monday, 4 April 2011 EatAnts Ideal Protein Diet 95 04-05-2011 06:46 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.