3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Huge NSV for me, and also one of the little things we don't notice (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/248363-huge-nsv-me-also-one-little-things-we-dont-notice.html)

Wayward 12-07-2011 04:09 PM

Huge NSV for me, and also one of the little things we don't notice

O.k. this was a pretty big deal for me, some might not think so but if you read the whole thing you will see why it's cool.

As some of you may know, I am a motorcycle safety instructor, so needless to say my motorcycle is pretty important to me, and I have a pretty big one as you can see:
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...veller/fjr.jpg

Now, while I am basically 5' 10" I have pretty short legs (30 inch inseam lol,) got that from my father, needless to say it's less than fun to balance my 750 pound motorcycle on one foot, before this diet I could flat foot on one side of my bike if I slid my butt over.

Now on to today, I haven't ridden my bike since the teaching season ended, about 9-10 weeks ago, mostly because with the baby and working out I haven't had the time.
Well I went to put it in storage today and how shocked was I when I could totally flat foot on both sides of my bike, in tennis shoes, not my riding boots (for those that don't know riding boots have pretty thick soles.)

So because of the weight loss in my legs all of a sudden I can fit my motorcycle that much better that I have gained INCHES of reach on my bike. I was pretty amazed at the difference, and my mechanic had to do a double-take since he hasn't seen me since May before I started the diet.

My smallest riding jacket had to have the waist sinched up as much as it would go on both sides, I haven't work my heavy riding jacket since like April. So it had to be adjusted like 12 inches!!!!

Sorry this was a long ramble for a NSV but I was pretty damn happy about it and I wanted to share.

cherrypie 12-07-2011 04:11 PM

that is very cool. Who'da thunk your motorcycle would fit better?

Wayward 12-07-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrypie (Post 4131964)
that is very cool. Who'da thunk your motorcycle would fit better?

I know, but if you think about it, I think I have lost like 3 inches off of each of my legs plus I lost a ton off my butt ;)

Like the title says, it's the little things we don't notice or think about.

wuv2bloved 12-07-2011 04:18 PM

That is totally awesome!!....its amazing the little things we notice along the way but when something big like this happens to us its great. You are right, there are soooooo many things we are going to be able to do that we couldn't do when we were way over 300lbs!..You will enjoy riding even more this next summer and just think of how much better your training will be in the heat!!

theox 12-07-2011 04:32 PM

WTG! Good job, Wayward!

JellyMae87 12-07-2011 04:42 PM

"Like" button!

ptod 12-07-2011 05:06 PM

Like +1

Wayward - you have worked hard and deserve all the rewards that go with it!

dashenka 12-07-2011 07:56 PM

Wayward, that is awesome!
I am finding that with pounds melting we are getting so much back.... I want to meet my clavicles again one day-pretty sure I had them once:)

Ksquared 12-07-2011 08:00 PM

Way to go!

This is the reason I am/have been afraid to buy a new saddle for my horses. I know what size I used to be and I am pretty sure that my rear end is going to need a much much smaller saddle.

shelly ann 12-07-2011 08:08 PM

Way too cool Wayward. My son loves his motorcycle. He put on his heated outfit and rode this last weekend. He's a little guy - 5'7" and concentration camp thin. I would love to ride with him, but at 5'0" I can't get my feet on the ground. That would be neat if I could when I get more weight off.

Beautiful bike by the way!!

Y Guy 12-08-2011 12:04 AM

Wayward you're not the only one with a short inseam, and you knew how hard it was to find pants with a short inseam and large waist. Congrats to you on the NSV! I know I'm looking forward to getting back out on my ATV with 72 less pounds to haul around!

MustangMolly 12-08-2011 08:25 AM

I love those moments and am so happy for you Wayward! I told my husband I will finally be able to where corduroy pants again because I don't have to worry about the friction of my legs rubbing together starting a fire. Not to mention that embarassing sound of your pant legs rubbing together.

juliana77 12-08-2011 09:12 AM

What a cool NSV!!

kelly1962 12-08-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward (Post 4131958)
O.k. this was a pretty big deal for me, some might not think so but if you read the whole thing you will see why it's cool.

As some of you may know, I am a motorcycle safety instructor, so needless to say my motorcycle is pretty important to me, and I have a pretty big one as you can see:
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/m...veller/fjr.jpg

Now, while I am basically 5' 10" I have pretty short legs (30 inch inseam lol,) got that from my father, needless to say it's less than fun to balance my 750 pound motorcycle on one foot, before this diet I could flat foot on one side of my bike if I slid my butt over.

Now on to today, I haven't ridden my bike since the teaching season ended, about 9-10 weeks ago, mostly because with the baby and working out I haven't had the time.
Well I went to put it in storage today and how shocked was I when I could totally flat foot on both sides of my bike, in tennis shoes, not my riding boots (for those that don't know riding boots have pretty thick soles.)

So because of the weight loss in my legs all of a sudden I can fit my motorcycle that much better that I have gained INCHES of reach on my bike. I was pretty amazed at the difference, and my mechanic had to do a double-take since he hasn't seen me since May before I started the diet.

My smallest riding jacket had to have the waist sinched up as much as it would go on both sides, I haven't work my heavy riding jacket since like April. So it had to be adjusted like 12 inches!!!!

Sorry this was a long ramble for a NSV but I was pretty damn happy about it and I wanted to share.

That must have felt great!! Congrats and nice bike!!!

sarahmayhem 12-08-2011 10:57 AM

Congrats! It's moments like this that really make you smile! :)