IP Daily Chat Monday 12/5/11

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • This may be a super dumb question:: but what is the possibility that a hot dog with chili is allowed during phase 1??
  • Quote: Good Morning! Hope Monday is going well for everyone. I'm happy to have made it to day 6 - I think my body is finally adjusting. Days 3-5 were really rough but my scale is saying nice things to me so I'm convinced it will be worth it. Seems like I need a whole lot more water than I originally expected.

Our coach has been great - she's called several times and had helpful suggestions. Can't wait for the weigh-in tomorrow and the official results!
    You have made it through the roughest part, now its all uphill!!...Good luck on your WI tomorrow!!1

Quote: My VIP (the bf) gave me a good mantra, "it doesn't matter what the scale says, it's not going to change what you do tomorrow". Remembering that has really calmed me down, this is my journey and no one elses. As hard as it is (we all do it sometimes even if we have to stop ourselves in the moment of doing it) you have to stop comparing yourself to others. It really is your journey not theirs.

You're doing GREAT, stay strong!

Hope this helps.
    That is a great mantra to remember, thanks for sharing

Quote: Good Morning!

Brand new to this thread and brand new to IP. I'm actually starting on Wednesday. Met my coach last week and had the orientation...very excited to start. Having a colonoscopy & endoscopy done this morning (in 1 hour). My gastroenterologist thought it might be a good idea because I have so much inflammation. Most inflammation stems from the gut, so we thought it might be a good idea to check things out before I start the plan.

I'll tell you this....I can't imagine the first few days of IP being anymore difficult than fasting for 24 hours then drinking some nasty stuff (a gallon of it) and spending 3-4 hours in the bathroom! If I can do that, I can do anything, right? Lol
    Welcome to the IP family Pamelama, Lots of information, recipes and as you can see TON'S of support. We are all in this together, only thing that might be worse for you is the headache you may get at the beginning but kick that in the tail with 1/2tsp of your sea salt in the palm of your hand, lick it then drink water and POOF!!!...it will go away in 10-15 mins!!...again Welcome and good luck!!

Quote:
    Another weekend that I survived being 100% OP

He was so relieved and he told me he is so proud of me

Today, I weighed myself on my old scale at home, I usually weigh myself at the fancy digital scale that I got at my mom's place, I do know that there is usually a difference of 4-5 pounds between these two, so, as I weighed today, I got 198 on my home scale, so... I am thinking that I must be around 203 pounds by now! So finally... I broke the 205! I am almost sure, but will check tomorrow on my mom's scale.

He is very proud of you and so are we!!. You are doing great even though you have had your struggles I give you big hugs for sticking around and accomplishing what you have so far!!!
    Quote: Morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend. We had our Dutch Christmas family get together yesterday and it was great to see people I haven't seen in a year. i got alot of amazing compliments and some were even itching to give IP a try to there we were looking for clinics close to them. I brought my own food and stayed OP. All that yummy food will be there next year or we'll just have a mini Dutch Christmas when I'm finished my journey.
    On the downside my MIL and SIL decided that yesterday would be a good time to put me down and tell me that as soon as I'm done I'm just going to eat the same way I use to and gain everything back and then some or that i'll be eating IP foodfor the rest of my life. GRRRRR! So frustrating but I just said nope. I'm learning how to eat the right way and its never coming back. That didn't seem to help much but Oh well. DH knows i can do this and most of all I know I can do this.!!!! Onward and upward for me! (well I guess I should say downward instead)
    Everyone have a great day OP today!!!!!
    I agree with Wayward and Marion with this one.....all I will say, cuz I could go on about it as well....lol...most important is both YOU and your DH know you will do it and keep it off...of course WE all know you are going to do it!!

Quote: so I figured I would save my money for my new LSU outfit to wear for the BCS game!! Geaux Tigers, Beat Bama!!

I think that the more you have to lose, the higher the losses are at first. But it looks like the closer you get to your goal the smaller the losses get. But, as Wuv would say, a loss is a loss!!

Good morning everyone!! Had an awesome weekend with my two friends shopping and watching LSU stomp them Dawgs!!
    Y'all just make me smile when y'all repeat some of the words I say!!!....At least I know I am making a difference and helping y'all out!!!.....Watched football all weekend myself and MAN was that stadium full and LOUD!! I can't imagine the noise in that place....glad you had fun and got to work out at the hotel.

Quote: I second what Wayward said! This is just crazy. Our family should be the ones supporting us. In the absence of that, we are here and we believe you can do it and that this will be something that will last for life!

I decided to put my original start weight back in my signature because I was feeling like I wasn't getting anywhere. I know I haven't been on plan, which is my own fault, but rather than beat myself up, I'm going to remember where I started and that even though I had a bad week or two, I've lost a lot of weight!
    Marion, even though you are having a difficult time getting back to the program you have done so well already. You will come to the right mindset again to be able to get the rest off. You have a lot of things going on with you making it a little more difficult to focus maybe, thing will work out for you, just hang in there. And like you said this is for LIFE not just for now YOU WILL GET THE REST OFF!!!!!.....after the holidays maybe it will be a little easier for you but just know that we are all here for you too!!!
  • Quote: This may be a super dumb question:: but what is the possibility that a hot dog with chili is allowed during phase 1??
    noooooooooo.....the chance are ZERO!!!!!
  • Quote: This may be a super dumb question:: but what is the possibility that a hot dog with chili is allowed during phase 1??
    Absolutely none. You might squeak by if you could find a hot dog with less than 10 per cent fat (yeah right) with a little home made vegetable chili AND NO BUN. But why sabotage yourself?

Edit: I see Wuv and I posted at the same time. Her's is the better answer.
    Well, it wouldn't be the best plan, but if you were to do a kosher beef hot dog you would at least know that it is all beef AND you could do IP chili on top of it. You would be a bit high on your protein, but probably not too bad. It does go without saying that the bun is out of the picture entirely.

As for the chili, I make my own chili with ground beef lots of vegetables and just leave out the black beans I might have added otherwise. I also don't always add tomato because we are limited about how many times a week we should have it. I made a large batch this morning so I can have it this week when I'm at work. It feels like comfort food for me and helps me keep up with a busy schedule.
  • Quote: noooooooooo.....the chance are ZERO!!!!!
    Quote: Absolutely none. You might squeak by if you could find a hot dog with less than 10 per cent fat (yeah right) with a little home made vegetable chili AND NO BUN. But why sabotage yourself?

Edit: I see Wuv and I posted at the same time. Her's is the better answer.
    Hehe, I guess I took a different approach. Wuv and Linden are right though, you can't have a hot dog in a bun and a can of chili on top.
  • Quote: Morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend. We had our Dutch Christmas family get together yesterday and it was great to see people I haven't seen in a year. i got alot of amazing compliments and some were even itching to give IP a try to there we were looking for clinics close to them. I brought my own food and stayed OP. All that yummy food will be there next year or we'll just have a mini Dutch Christmas when I'm finished my journey.
    On the downside my MIL and SIL decided that yesterday would be a good time to put me down and tell me that as soon as I'm done I'm just going to eat the same way I use to and gain everything back and then some or that i'll be eating IP foodfor the rest of my life. GRRRRR! So frustrating but I just said nope. I'm learning how to eat the right way and its never coming back. That didn't seem to help much but Oh well. DH knows i can do this and most of all I know I can do this.!!!! Onward and upward for me! (well I guess I should say downward instead)
    I dont like that kind of negativity. That was a senseless and mean spirited thing to say. I am thinking they are jealous of your success. The best way to shut people up like that is by proving them wrong, which you know you will!!
  • Help!
    Please. I've been searching off and on all day for the cupcake recipe. How many variations of cup, cake, site, ideal, protein, 3fatchicks can there be? I'd really appreciate some help. Today's the puppy-for-life's birthday and tomorrow my 3-year old granddaughter and I are throwing a party. (Ok, ok, any excuse for a party.) Help.
  • Well this weekend i saw my friends that i haven't been able to see since i started the diet. I told my DH that i was afraid none would notice my weight loss, and think I was just be silly by being a picky eater. To my delight, they did notice! Not that it mattered, but it was sooo reassuring. They are my friends, so i do not know why i have been so scared of telling them i am on a diet. But truthfully, i didn't want them to know in case i failed.... I ended up feeling bad of my husband who has lost 15 lbs, but no one noticed. He is doing an alternative IP diet, while i am 100% IP. Here is to a good OP week
  • Good Morning Everyone. I had weigh in on friday lost 5.8 lbs in 2 weeks which was nice. I weigh in again on Wednesday and I am not expecting a big loss, I went a little off plan this weekend and I felt aweful on Sunday but, back on plan today and ready to kick *** this week

Hope you all are having a good day.
  • Quote: I finally uploaded some pics too. I had my first dress fitting on Saturday and the corset back almost laces all the way closed! I also need to find a smaller sized bra to wear. I was so happy. The picture on the left is from March and the dress is a size 22. The pic on the right is from Sat. The dress is a 20 and will be taken in for sure!

Feels good to get back OP. I'm kind of getting to experience a little how maintenance will work this month. After the wedding, I'll be 100% back on until I hit my goal!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
    Congrats on the fitting!! Your dress is beautiful and you look great!! Keep up the good work!!

Quote: Good morning everyone.
    Congrats to everyone on their WI's and on their NSV's !!!!!

Long weekend for me, but that was just because I threw my back out pretty bad. Plus I had to move the neighbor's and my yard one more time to get the rest of the leaves up, shouldn't have done it the way my back felt but at least it's done for the season.

Went shopping with the wife yesterday out of town, the first time since our 9 month old was born, she was all excited.
    She tried to get me to take her out to eat after we were done shopping, and yes there is a restaurant with an IP menu there, but I told her I didn't want to start the habit of going out to eat when we are out of town. That was what we always used to do and I didn't want the first time we go out together to be just like before.

She was a little upset, but in the end I think she understood.
    I hope everyone has a great day and stays positive and OP!!!!

Trying to stay optimistic about my WI tomorrow, after 3 pounds lost in the past 2 weeks combined, I am really hoping for a better week this week.
    But only time will tell.
    Hope your back feels better soon! Way to go on changing habits for the better!! I'm sure your wife understands, she may have just been hungry and irritable (that's how I used to get when I was hungry). Good luck with your WI tomorrow!!

Quote: Morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend. We had our Dutch Christmas family get together yesterday and it was great to see people I haven't seen in a year. i got alot of amazing compliments and some were even itching to give IP a try to there we were looking for clinics close to them. I brought my own food and stayed OP. All that yummy food will be there next year or we'll just have a mini Dutch Christmas when I'm finished my journey.
    Congrats staying OP at your party despite less-than encouraging words from your MIL and SIL. It doesn't matter what anyone predicts for your future...only YOU can determine your outcome!
  • Good Afternoon IPers,
    This morning I packed all my vegtables for lunch but I neglected to pack my shakes. So I stopped this morning at the grocery store and they did not have my EAS shakes so I grabbed some Atkins drinks, I hope this does not mess anything up.

Congratulations on all the losses on weigh in and the NSV's. I weigh in tomorrow, so we shall see how I did.
  • Quote: Good Morning Everyone. I had weigh in on friday lost 5.8 lbs in 2 weeks which was nice. I weigh in again on Wednesday and I am not expecting a big loss, I went a little off plan this weekend and I felt aweful on Sunday but, back on plan today and ready to kick *** this week

Hope you all are having a good day.
    Hi! Good to see you got back on track. Honestly, I want to be off Phase I as quickly as possible and cheating will set me back three days (each time) and I don't want to do that... it's great you got back on track! Hope your're feeling better today.. (I'm in week four of phase I.)
  • I'm in week four of Phase I and I keep having dreams that I'm eating the wrong foods and kicking myself out of ketosis. Most of the times I do it because I forget I'm on Ideal Protein!!! I wake up so relieved to know it wasn't real! One time I had two glasses of wine and was so disappointed... I guess these can be considered IP nightmares!!! LOL
  • Quote: I'm really sorry... This attitude seems to happen to me a lot lately. It really got around work like wild fire that I had lost 100 lbs. I have a lot of difficulty with direct questions (sometimes too honest lol) so for the first day when someone who didn't know what I was doing asked me "how long did it take" I would say "7 months"...now I say "within the past year" (cause that's not a lie). But you could and can see the judgements in their eyes.

My sister is a HUGE supporter/fan of mine, I usually go to her when I recognize I need a specific pep talk. Always, ALWAYS her response is "that's about them, not about you...chin up sista...you got this". So as hard as it is to hear, it truly is about their world and reality. Some people have a fear of sucess within themselves...others have a fear of sucess of those around them.

Chin up sista! YOU GOT THIS!
    Great advice!! Love it!!

Quote: I'm in week four of Phase I and I keep having dreams that I'm eating the wrong foods and kicking myself out of ketosis. Most of the times I do it because I forget I'm on Ideal Protein!!! I wake up so relieved to know it wasn't real! One time I had two glasses of wine and was so disappointed... I guess these can be considered IP nightmares!!! LOL
    LOL!! I've had very crazy dreams since being on this plan, but never dreamed of eating anything...this is so funny!!