3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Who Uses ONLY IP products? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/247822-who-uses-only-ip-products.html)

Trinique125 11-28-2011 10:28 PM

Who Uses ONLY IP products?

:smug:and what kind of results are you getting?

I see so many using alternatives to cut cost but I just started two days ago and don't want to do that.

JellyMae87 11-28-2011 10:32 PM

I use IP products. although I had to use alternatives this week since thanksgiving... but I have enjoyed watching my body change...

YvetteSki 11-28-2011 10:44 PM

I have only used IP products, you can see from my ticker what my results have been.

Y Guy 11-28-2011 10:57 PM

Only been using IP items since I started, thrilled with the result and appreciate having my coach to talk about things with too.

idealamber 11-28-2011 11:19 PM

I only use IP products and have seen results!

brownbebe 11-28-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YvetteSki (Post 4122132)
I have only used IP products, you can see from my ticker what my results have been.

Wow, Yvetteski....
You are beautiful.... Fantastic on the weight loss and what a great transformation. Your skin is glowing and your neck is gone and your back view is great. Congrats.. You are another of my inspirations. Thank you.

DanafromAustin 11-28-2011 11:50 PM

I have only used IP products too. Couldn't be happier with my results and I really don't mind the food, although I usually order the same three things. ;)

scpnme 11-28-2011 11:52 PM

I have only been using IP foods. Once I reach my goal though I will use some of the alternatives to keep balance in my diet.

I am also switching to an alternative multi-vitimin tomorrow...

wuv2bloved 11-29-2011 12:14 AM

I have only used IP products for the last 30 weeks!

YvetteSki 11-29-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownbebe (Post 4122193)
Wow, Yvetteski....
You are beautiful.... Fantastic on the weight loss and what a great transformation. Your skin is glowing and your neck is gone and your back view is great. Congrats.. You are another of my inspirations. Thank you.

Aww thank you. I'm glad my sister pointed me to IP as it is working great for me. I don't look too flattering in those clothes anymore but it's AWESOME to see the difference having the same pants and shirt on...lol. Taking the pictures first thing in the morning before doing my hair is great too..lol.

Junetwin11 11-29-2011 07:56 AM

I use only IP products and plan too until I reach my goal and may use altenatives.

MustangMolly 11-29-2011 08:18 AM

I use only IP products and am very happy with my results.

rbtemplet 11-29-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YvetteSki (Post 4122132)

Wow, YvetteSki!!! Great pics!! You look awesome!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y Guy (Post 4122150)
Only been using IP items since I started, thrilled with the result and appreciate having my coach to talk about things with too.

I enjoy having a coach as well!!

I use only IP products. Don't really know that much about the alternatives, but people seem to have success with them as well. My cousin is going to start IP after the holidays and was going to go the alternative route, but after reading about IP she has decided to go with IP products. She felt overwhelmed and thinks a coach would be beneficial to her.

sandralosingweight 11-29-2011 10:26 AM

I started using strictly IP at the beginning of my diet, then I learnt about alternatives and started using them to cut the cost.

kelly1962 11-29-2011 10:41 AM

I have only been using IP products but have considered using alternatives with Christmas coming. I spoke to my IP coach and told her what i was contemplating, as i am a single woman and it is hurting me financially and she told me that alternative products, i wont absorb as much protein as i do with IP. I know other people have used alternatives and have been successful, so i am in a bit of a quandry.

Trinique125 11-29-2011 10:53 AM

thanks so much, I like the idea of having a coach to guide you.
I plan on using IP products for now and see what the end result is. I'm anxious to find out on Saturday if I lose on my first week.

I also figure why do IP if you're going to use other products? especially in the beginning of the diet.

scpnme 11-29-2011 12:12 PM

Let's face it, coaches have a monetary motivation to deter people from using alternatives. Plain and simple, they make money when they sell the IP brand foods!

With that, I use the IP foods because of convenience. I go in and pick the boxes I want. As a single mom who doesn't get child support, I contemplated going with alternatives, but it ended up being too overwhelming for me as there are so many brands and so many places you can shop for them. One of the things I love the most about this diet is the ease. It is mindless for me and I love that!

With all of that said though, there are plenty of people on here who are doing awesome on alternatives and I think that is great! At the end of the day, it's not about the brand...it's about the results!!!

Trinique125 11-29-2011 01:42 PM

I understand what you're saying about the costs etc.
I'm like you though, for ease and to be absolutely sure I'm getting the right amount of proteins and the best advise possible I will stick to their products for now. For me to do it on my own would be more challenging.

rbtemplet 11-29-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinique125 (Post 4122925)
I understand what you're saying about the costs etc.
I'm like you though, for ease and to be absolutely sure I'm getting the right amount of proteins and the best advise possible I will stick to their products for now. For me to do it on my own would be more challenging.

I totally agree with this!! It's just too easy to have everything basically ready for you to grab and go. To me it's worth the money!!

Mom3LoveBugs 11-29-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinique125 (Post 4122662)
I plan on using IP products for now and see what the end result is. I'm anxious to find out on Saturday if I lose on my first week.

I also figure why do IP if you're going to use other products? especially in the beginning of the diet.

I have only used alternative products as I cannot get IP products where I live. I am following the program 100% but using different products that are nearly identical as IP. After hours and hours of research and the advice of many people on this forum (thank you!), I took the plunge and have been chugging along ever since.

Yesterday was my 6th weigh in and I have lost 20 lbs. The products I use cost me approx. $25 - $30 a week.

good luck with the program... if I had access to a coach and the IP products, I would have probably went that route for the first while myself.

:)

Polar bear 11-29-2011 02:12 PM

I only use alternative products and have lost forty pounds since aug 19th at a fraction of the cost following thevip phases!

Polar bear 11-29-2011 02:13 PM

I follow the ip phases strictly though and now am following phase four !

Wayward 11-29-2011 02:24 PM

I am strictly IP, I do use alternative supplements and have for the past 4-6 weeks or so, and that was just because I could get a multi-vitamin and cal-mags much cheaper elsewhere.
There is a big markup on IP products, don't ask me how I know that but there is lol and I know how much it is.
But for me, I like being able to go in and just grab the 3 boxes I want for the week.
I do have alternatives for my extras since they kept wanting me to add a 4th packet due to my exercise, so that's where I use alternative, either whey or pure protein bars.

This can be an expensive program, but if you compare it to eating out, what we used to spend on food, overall I think it's a wash.

My coach and the clinic owner are what turned me on to IP so I stay loyal to them.
As for the coaching etc. some people really need that to help them along, having local support is almost worth it for someone who likes having that.

If anything, I would suggest if you have it in your area to at least start on IP for a month or so and see how it agrees with you and then switch to alternatives if you find you don't need the coaching etc. and are looking to save costs.

LSUgal 11-29-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs (Post 4122953)
I have only used alternative products as I cannot get IP products where I live. I am following the program 100% but using different products that are nearly identical as IP. After hours and hours of research and the advice of many people on this forum (thank you!), I took the plunge and have been chugging along ever since.

Sara, which products are you using? I've found all the spreadsheets and comparisons but can't decide which avenue to pursue. I was leaning towards the Proti Diet products. Just curious about your experience.

I've been using IP products exclusively. The cost is a bit much, but it is nice to go in and not have to worry about it not fitting the protocol!

Mom3LoveBugs 11-29-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSUgal (Post 4123043)
Sara, which products are you using? I've found all the spreadsheets and comparisons but can't decide which avenue to pursue. I was leaning towards the Proti Diet products. Just curious about your experience.

I've been using IP products exclusively. The cost is a bit much, but it is nice to go in and not have to worry about it not fitting the protocol!

hi!

I am using some ProtiDiet products, pure protein bars and premier protein RTD shakes.

I don't have any experience with IP products for comparative measures, but I am happy with my weight loss thus far. :)

Ynna 11-29-2011 04:46 PM

Me me me me, i only use IP products!!!
It has to be, for me, you know why, because it keeps me on track, just the fact of going to the weekly weigh ins :)

sandralosingweight 11-29-2011 04:50 PM

Ynna, this is the first time I see your picture, you look gorgeous.

You look A LOT like one of my cousins :)

Trinique125 11-29-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ynna (Post 4123104)
Me me me me, i only use IP products!!!
It has to be, for me, you know why, because it keeps me on track, just the fact of going to the weekly weigh ins :)

:carrot:agree

Ynna 11-29-2011 07:44 PM

Ohhh Sandralosingweight, thank you i even blushed a little bit!!! :)

wuv2bloved 11-29-2011 11:10 PM

my mom loss 50lbs using the EAS Carb control shakes and the pure protein bars...she did that in 16 weeks

NavyMommy 11-30-2011 07:52 AM

I started with only IP products and even had a little bit of the mindset "go big or go home", meaning why bother when you're not using the actual IP products. They were so expensive though, and when I was spending more on a month of IP products just for me than I spend on an entire month of groceries for our family of four I knew I needed to adjust my priorities.

I have to admit, like some PP have pointed out I loved having a coach to lead the way, and will probably go back to her if I'm still in phase 1 when my husband deploys (because my grocery bill will go down even further!). The simplicity makes it so easy, and while I haven't tried the prodi-diet products I've just purchased, I did find I was satisfied longer with the IP packets v. EAS shakes.

If you can swing it I would totally recommend starting off with a coach. Mine was available 24/7 and invaluable to me when I was first starting.

Miss Stick with it 11-30-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly1962 (Post 4122643)
I have only been using IP products but have considered using alternatives with Christmas coming. I spoke to my IP coach and told her what i was contemplating, as i am a single woman and it is hurting me financially and she told me that alternative products, i wont absorb as much protein as i do with IP. I know other people have used alternatives and have been successful, so i am in a bit of a quandry.

I believe there are several protein products out there that are just as absorb able as IP's products. I have been researching the protein products on the market as of late and there are several good ones out there. Ensure all the amino acids are present, low carbs, low to no sugars added and high protein content. Also the source of the protein is also important, whey vs soy and where the product comes from. I have been on IP for 2 weeks now and I too find it to hit the pocket book a little hard and with x mas being around the corner I can relate...

Check out the attached link there is some good info re: proteins and absorption. Cheers!

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articl...n-or-whey.html

Miss Stick with it 11-30-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs (Post 4123088)
hi!

I am using some ProtiDiet products, pure protein bars and premier protein RTD shakes.

I don't have any experience with IP products for comparative measures, but I am happy with my weight loss thus far. :)

Looks like pretty good products! Very good prices too...I noticed you are in Canada too, what are the shipping costs like?

Trinique125 11-30-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4123736)
I started with only IP products and even had a little bit of the mindset "go big or go home", meaning why bother when you're not using the actual IP products. They were so expensive though, and when I was spending more on a month of IP products just for me than I spend on an entire month of groceries for our family of four I knew I needed to adjust my priorities.

I have to admit, like some PP have pointed out I loved having a coach to lead the way, and will probably go back to her if I'm still in phase 1 when my husband deploys (because my grocery bill will go down even further!). The simplicity makes it so easy, and while I haven't tried the prodi-diet products I've just purchased, I did find I was satisfied longer with the IP packets v. EAS shakes.

If you can swing it I would totally recommend starting off with a coach. Mine was available 24/7 and invaluable to me when I was first starting.

good advice, thank you for posting

Calypso 11-30-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinique125 (Post 4122662)

Trinique, good answer! give it at least a month to see results.

leganegan 11-30-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Stick with it (Post 4124223)
I believe there are several protein products out there that are just as absorb able as IP's products. I have been researching the protein products on the market as of late and there are several good ones out there. Ensure all the amino acids are present, low carbs, low to no sugars added and high protein content. Also the source of the protein is also important, whey vs soy and where the product comes from. I have been on IP for 2 weeks now and I too find it to hit the pocket book a little hard and with x mas being around the corner I can relate...

Check out the attached link there is some good info re: proteins and absorption. Cheers!

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articl...n-or-whey.html

Thanks for the whey vs. soy article. With holidays and property taxes due, I am seriously thinking about buying alternatives while in maintenance.

Mom3LoveBugs 11-30-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Stick with it (Post 4124241)
Looks like pretty good products! Very good prices too...I noticed you are in Canada too, what are the shipping costs like?

I order the ProtiDiet products from proteinwell.ca and the shipping is free for orders $99 and above.

I buy the pure protein bars at Walmart and the premier nutrition shakes at Costco.

Hope this helps! :)