Old 11-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I started with only IP products and even had a little bit of the mindset "go big or go home", meaning why bother when you're not using the actual IP products. They were so expensive though, and when I was spending more on a month of IP products just for me than I spend on an entire month of groceries for our family of four I knew I needed to adjust my priorities.

I have to admit, like some PP have pointed out I loved having a coach to lead the way, and will probably go back to her if I'm still in phase 1 when my husband deploys (because my grocery bill will go down even further!). The simplicity makes it so easy, and while I haven't tried the prodi-diet products I've just purchased, I did find I was satisfied longer with the IP packets v. EAS shakes.

If you can swing it I would totally recommend starting off with a coach. Mine was available 24/7 and invaluable to me when I was first starting.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 150/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1962 View Post
I have only been using IP products but have considered using alternatives with Christmas coming. I spoke to my IP coach and told her what i was contemplating, as i am a single woman and it is hurting me financially and she told me that alternative products, i wont absorb as much protein as i do with IP. I know other people have used alternatives and have been successful, so i am in a bit of a quandry.
I believe there are several protein products out there that are just as absorb able as IP's products. I have been researching the protein products on the market as of late and there are several good ones out there. Ensure all the amino acids are present, low carbs, low to no sugars added and high protein content. Also the source of the protein is also important, whey vs soy and where the product comes from. I have been on IP for 2 weeks now and I too find it to hit the pocket book a little hard and with x mas being around the corner I can relate...

Check out the attached link there is some good info re: proteins and absorption. Cheers!

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articl...n-or-whey.html
Miss Stick with it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 150/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
hi!

I am using some ProtiDiet products, pure protein bars and premier protein RTD shakes.

I don't have any experience with IP products for comparative measures, but I am happy with my weight loss thus far.
Looks like pretty good products! Very good prices too...I noticed you are in Canada too, what are the shipping costs like?
Miss Stick with it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
I started with only IP products and even had a little bit of the mindset "go big or go home", meaning why bother when you're not using the actual IP products. They were so expensive though, and when I was spending more on a month of IP products just for me than I spend on an entire month of groceries for our family of four I knew I needed to adjust my priorities.

I have to admit, like some PP have pointed out I loved having a coach to lead the way, and will probably go back to her if I'm still in phase 1 when my husband deploys (because my grocery bill will go down even further!). The simplicity makes it so easy, and while I haven't tried the prodi-diet products I've just purchased, I did find I was satisfied longer with the IP packets v. EAS shakes.

If you can swing it I would totally recommend starting off with a coach. Mine was available 24/7 and invaluable to me when I was first starting.

good advice, thank you for posting
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #35  
wannabe thinner

S/C/G: 167/116/115

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinique125 View Post
thanks so much, I like the idea of having a coach to guide you.
I plan on using IP products for now and see what the end result is. I'm anxious to find out on Saturday if I lose on my first week.

I also figure why do IP if you're going to use other products? especially in the beginning of the diet.
Trinique, good answer! give it at least a month to see results.
Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Stick with it View Post
I believe there are several protein products out there that are just as absorb able as IP's products. I have been researching the protein products on the market as of late and there are several good ones out there. Ensure all the amino acids are present, low carbs, low to no sugars added and high protein content. Also the source of the protein is also important, whey vs soy and where the product comes from. I have been on IP for 2 weeks now and I too find it to hit the pocket book a little hard and with x mas being around the corner I can relate...

Check out the attached link there is some good info re: proteins and absorption. Cheers!

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articl...n-or-whey.html
Thanks for the whey vs. soy article. With holidays and property taxes due, I am seriously thinking about buying alternatives while in maintenance.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:45 PM   #37  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Stick with it View Post
Looks like pretty good products! Very good prices too...I noticed you are in Canada too, what are the shipping costs like?

I order the ProtiDiet products from proteinwell.ca and the shipping is free for orders $99 and above.

I buy the pure protein bars at Walmart and the premier nutrition shakes at Costco.

Hope this helps!
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote