Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
Oh -- forgot to add, my hair has started to fall out. What kind of supplements do folks take to combat and when will this stop?
I added OMEGA III and an Anti Oxidant....I don't know how long it lasted but it has stopped.

Sorry about your MIL...:/
Old 11-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I added OMEGA III and an Anti Oxidant....I don't know how long it lasted but it has stopped.

Sorry about your MIL...:/
Thanks and congratulations on your triple digit accomplishment!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #78  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicpinecone View Post
I homeschool my two youngest. The two older are in highschool and to avoid blood shed they have gone off to the local public school.
How old are your children that you homeschool? I've been homeschooling my youngest since the middle of 3rd grade. If he was in public school he would be in 8th grade now, but since he is taking/studying at the high school level we now say 9th grade so he can get credit for his subjects.

Quote:
Hi All. Hope everyone survived their holidays.

Tomorrow we fly home after a horrible trip to visit the in-laws. MIL, true to form, started out great, but descended into her normal abhorrent behavior. This time I stood up to her and we wound up leaving their house and moving to a hotel.

The good news is that, in spite of her efforts to thwart my weight loss, I stayed on program (with the exception of a tsp of chopped liver) and think I've actually lost more than I expected (partially due to lack of anything to eat).

I've never been so happy to get on a plane with a rambunctious toddler in my whole life. I cannot get home fast enough and back into my routine. Haven't stepped on the scale in two weeks and I'm dying to see how much I've lost.
Quote:
Oh -- forgot to add, my hair has started to fall out. What kind of supplements do folks take to combat and when will this stop?
Sounds like the mother in law trip from ****! I use to take Biotin when I started loosing my hair years ago when I low carbed. I've been taking Omega III's for ever now, so hopefully that will help. For me it usually starts at about the 3 month mark and last for about 3 months. I should know soon as I'm just about at the 2.5 month mark.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #79  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=DanafromAustin;4121989]How old are your children that you homeschool? I've been homeschooling my youngest since the middle of 3rd grade. If he was in public school he would be in 8th grade now, but since he is taking/studying at the high school level we now say 9th grade so he can get credit for his subjects.

They are in 3rd and 6th grade. This is our 3rd year. We may or may not give school a try next year. I'm undecided. They are wanting to go but the 3rd grader has pulmonary stenosis. She catches everything and we actually tried school one year but she missed to many days because she caught every thing her classmates brought in. It was not a fun year.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #80  

[QUOTE=Magicpinecone;4121999]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
How old are your children that you homeschool? I've been homeschooling my youngest since the middle of 3rd grade. If he was in public school he would be in 8th grade now, but since he is taking/studying at the high school level we now say 9th grade so he can get credit for his subjects.

They are in 3rd and 6th grade. This is our 3rd year. We may or may not give school a try next year. I'm undecided. They are wanting to go but the 3rd grader has pulmonary stenosis. She catches everything and we actually tried school one year but she missed to many days because she caught every thing her classmates brought in. It was not a fun year.
You have your hands full. Has she had or need surgery for that? My son told us that he doesn't want to go back to a brick and mortar school till college. I have to agree as public school is just not a good fit for him.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:28 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 175/142.6/138

Height: 5'5

whats your favorite way to cook red cabbage? i bought some with no idea how to cook it haha
Old 11-28-2011, 10:06 PM   #82  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

I LOVE Christmas music. I listen to it year round. It puts me in a good mood all the time. I am getting ready to go out of town for a seminar. I am determined to stay on plan. They are suppose to feed us, but I am not sure what they will have. So, I will be taking extra bars and shakes not to get tempted.

Quote:
You can take Biotin or MSM. Both help hair and nails.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:20 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Quote:

Tomorrow we fly home after a horrible trip to visit the in-laws. MIL, true to form, started out great, but descended into her normal abhorrent behavior. This time I stood up to her and we wound up leaving their house and moving to a hotel.

The good news is that, in spite of her efforts to thwart my weight loss, I stayed on program (with the exception of a tsp of chopped liver) and think I've actually lost more than I expected (partially due to lack of anything to eat).

I've never been so happy to get on a plane with a rambunctious toddler in my whole life. I cannot get home fast enough and back into my routine. Haven't stepped on the scale in two weeks and I'm dying to see how much I've lost.
So sorry you had to deal with that trip and monster-in-law. Your losses are amazing, I hope you feel it and I hope you are feeling good for standing up to her and being strong. Proud of you! Maybe your hair is falling out because of her and not IP...
Old 11-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

It is finally going to be in the 40s here in Florida this week, I think I will wait to put the Christmas CDs on till then! glad it will feel like the holidays, but it never lasts, and I am a little sicky. So the hot/cold/hot/cold never helps.

I think I will have to start buying alternative items when I am in maintenance. With the holidays and property taxes due, I am lucky if I am able to buy my loved ones cards. IP has been worth every penny though. Just stressing at the moment I guess, BUT I WILL NOT TURN TO FOOD.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #85  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:

WEll I know exactly how this goes.. except i am not married... My bfs mom is the same way... so I am no longer allowed to their house. nor to any family functions because she gets extremely childish... and this woman is almost 60... So I have lived with this for over 2 years... it gets pretty tough around the holidays and we generally fight over it... but I guess it works out for me since I dont have to see the witch!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #86  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

[QUOTE=Magicpinecone;4121999]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post

I'm a homeschooler too though my baby is now 14. I've graduated 2 girls so far! It's been such a blessing to our family.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/160

Height: 5 7"

Hi everyone way to go on the wi. Having a hard time staying on plan. I am not eating anything off plan just am not getting in all my water and packets in. I am struggling big time
Old 11-29-2011, 12:07 AM   #88  

[QUOTE=Marionm;4122120]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicpinecone View Post

I'm a homeschooler too though my baby is now 14. I've graduated 2 girls so far! It's been such a blessing to our family.
My son will be 14 in January. Calling this year, "high school" has brought some new challenges for me. Homeschooling him has over all been a lot of fun and we have had some great experiences, I wouldn't change a thing. Happy to know that there are other homeschoolers on the board.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:11 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom22 View Post
Hi everyone way to go on the wi. Having a hard time staying on plan. I am not eating anything off plan just am not getting in all my water and packets in. I am struggling big time
I'm so sorry to hear you are having a hard time. Why do you think that is? Have you tried adding lemon or Mio to your water? Not having enough water could slow your losses down too. Hope we can help in some way.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:53 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
Thank you Rbtemplet...
Don't worry about your "cheat" day, just hop on the wagon and keep up the good work...
Thanks, Ynna!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Borrowed from Sylvia......

Recall the things that have held you back. And imagine how you now can get beyond them. Think of the problems that have frustrated you so. And imagine how you can now rise above them. Look at how far you've come. And imagine how far you can now go. Think of all that you've learned. And imagine what you can now do with that knowledge. Consider all you've done in the past year. And imagine what you'll now be able to do. You're now in a better position than ever to imagine the very best. And what you can imagine will lead to what you can be. -- Ralph Marston
Wuv saves the day again!! Thanks for sharing this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
It's Day 1 for me and so far so good. i'm fully expecting to feel lousy in a couple of days, but I'll hang tough!
It is tough at first, but so worth it!! By day 3 or 4 you will feel amazing!! I'm from outside Baton Rouge, too. Good luck on your journey!!
Closed Thread