Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

After a little more checking I have found that 6 of the diet flavors are 0/0/0/, 3 have 1 calorie, 5 have 2 calories, 1 has 3 calories and 1 has 4 calories.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #32  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning Everyone,
I made it thru day 3 at work. Didn't touch anything that was not OP. I haven't told hubby that I started this plan, I just wanted to surprise him with the weight loss. The reason for not tellin him is because I have been on so many diets and then failed. Well last night when I got home I started supperd. Cooked hamburgers and was wrapping min in lettuce when he got home and said Surprise, Happy Birthday.....he had gone to the Chinese restaurant and gotten me my favorite, Sesame Chicken and Vegtable Lo Mein. I stalled for about 20 minutes, cried a little cause I did not want to tell him that I could not have this for dinner and explain why. So finally I sat down at the table and I ate the steamed broccoli and then had about 6 little pieces of the chicken, I wrapped them in Romaine lettuce leaves and ate then that way. And then I was full. I did not touch the rice or the vegtable lo mein. I put the lo mein in the frig and gave the rest if the chicken and rice to my daughter for dinner. Then I went into the bedroom and cried for a bit because I felt so bad for eating that. I have never felt so guilty for eating something that I know I can't have. Please tell me that I have not really ruined all that I have done for the past couple of days.

On a good note, I have a NSV...I know that I have only been on this plan for 3 days, and this really surprised me. I have had to go by extenders for my bra's because they have gotten too tight. This morning I forgot to put the extender on it and it doesn't hurt.
Riss, although you say you can not tell your hubby you are doing the diet because you have failed all the others, THIS ONE is different, let him help you through it. He will be surprised how fast and well you do on the program. This should be a happy time for the both of you. It would make your life easier so that you could have that support at home. Keeping it a secret like this isn't the best sometimes. I know you want to surprise him with losses but just think if he was to share that experience with you how proud he will be of you.....of course this is just my 2 cents

[QUOTE=MustangMolly;4112525]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrayado View Post

The diet flavors I looked at online are 1 or 2 calories except the diet zero which is like Coke zero (and my fave soda) is 0 and one of the diet teas is zero. I am ordering one today!
Molly, I don't know if you have read this when I posted it before so I will post it again...I found the same thing you are talking about last night online myself....I don't think it would hurt us but then you never know ..........pay close attention to the last section #4.......

WHY IS DIET SODA DISCOURAGED DURING IDEAL PROTEIN DIET?
Very interesting insights from the "Ideal Protein Nova Blog". There is a science behind why this diet works and the things you can do to take best advantage of it.

All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT recommended on the diet. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid/base regulation. The protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other "protein type diets." Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain a lot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body's bicarbonate buffering system. This goes for diet soda's too, particularly the brown ones.

Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. This protocol provides so many health benefits besides weight loss, it would be a shame to compromise some of the benefits by consuming these products. Also- remember, an extra cup of water for every coffee you drink!

So what CAN you drink? Drink unsweetened Herbal Tea. Add 2 bags to a large pitcher (1.5 liter) or container and seep for about 10 minutes. Use a funnel to pour into an empty 1.5 liter plastic soda bottle. I usually make 3-4 batches in one night of different flavours, so there is a wide variety of choice throughout the week. It also helps you crave drinking more.

‎1. "Aspartame" is the sweetener which Ideal Protein recommends cutting out from your other foods. The reason why is that your body can react to it like sugar, spiking your insulin. (at a certain amount.) So Crystal Light (made with nutri sweet) is not recommended. There is something in the US/Canada called MIO which you add to water which is recommended.
2. Cascade Ice wont work because there are fruit juices in it (Pear Juice concentrate).
‎3. Yes, you can add Stevia, Splenda, Truvia or other approved sweeteners to your tea. However, note that the sweeteners do have carbs in them and are not "free". Adding one packet (like a coffee sweetener size) to 1.5 liters of iced herbal tea is usually enough to sweeten it without worry. However, i drink the iced herbal teas with no sweetener and dont miss it.
‎4. Carbonation is not the problem... you can have sparkling water. However, some find that cutting out all carbonation helps with bloating/gas.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Have any of you heard of the Soda Stream machine? It allows you to turn tap water into carbonated water and they even have "diet" flavors that are made with Splenda. I don't know how much they cost but I am going to check into them. Here is a link to their website if anyone is interested.

http://www.sodastreamusa.com/default.aspx
Cool, thanks for sharing.....I'm totally interested in this product for my VIP. He loves his cola too much! LOL
Old 11-18-2011, 12:06 PM   #34  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmandAliMommy View Post
GOOOOOAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!
I reached my goal this week, surpassed it by two pounds actually. My numerical weight goal wasn't all that important to me though - the big things I wanted to do were: fit into my pre-baby skinny jeans and not groan when I see pictures of myself. And I have succeeded. So that makes 22 lbs since 9/21. I'm on phase 4 now and I've been feeling good. And my husband gets home from Afghanistan at some point this weekend, we haven't seen each other since July...I think he'll be pleasantly surprised.
Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Congrats on reaching your goal, and you and your husband are going to have a wonderful time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junetwin11 View Post
Happy Friday. Looking foward to the weekend. Maybe play dress up @ home and take some pictures to share. Play outside in the snow with my chocolate labby, makes trails for her in the snow Have a great OP
weekend everyone
I spent over an hour shovelling the front drive and that back patio so the dogs could get further than on the step before they were blocked by snow... I had a 2 foot snow drift across my whole patio right at the door so that took a while. They love the snow though, my old girl just goes outside and rolls and rolls... they are so cute in the first snow of the year. suppose to be real cold this weekend -20c not looking forward to my walks but have to get the young one out of the house and some energy worn off her. She brought me her squeekie toy at 2 this morning to throw for her...

Quote:
Have any of you heard of the Soda Stream machine? It allows you to turn tap water into carbonated water and they even have "diet" flavors that are made with Splenda. I don't know how much they cost but I am going to check into them. Here is a link to their website if anyone is interested.

http://www.sodastreamusa.com/default.aspx
Mustang I discussed this with the experienced group in May or June and even though it says 0/0/0 you know it can be up to .99 of everything and they can still claim 0... If you read Dr Tran book he kind of explains the reasoning behind not having the dark sodas, it has been a while but his explanation made me think twice of drinking pop at all... cause really do we really need it? I guess the bottom line is if you can go without it is better to do so but if you can't find the best that isn't dark sodas and only have it occasionally. That being said when I first started there was a lady on here that had a pop every day and still lost... so I guess the choice is really up to you, and when in doubt I always ask my coach if it is allowed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrayado View Post
Yay Friday! Congrats to all on a great week, and of course best of luck for the weekend! I had a small NSV this morning - my favorite go-to jeans don't fit anymore. For the last few weeks I've been able to make them work with belts, but that didn't even do today. They are way too big :-) Guess its time for a new (smaller) pair!
How is phase 2 going... and congrats I bet you have to shop in the youths section you are so small now.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
‎1. "Aspartame" is the sweetener which Ideal Protein recommends cutting out from your other foods. The reason why is that your body can react to it like sugar, spiking your insulin. (at a certain amount.) So Crystal Light (made with nutri sweet) is not recommended. There is something in the US/Canada called MIO which you add to water which is recommended.
2. Cascade Ice wont work because there are fruit juices in it (Pear Juice concentrate).
‎3. Yes, you can add Stevia, Splenda, Truvia or other approved sweeteners to your tea. However, note that the sweeteners do have carbs in them and are not "free". Adding one packet (like a coffee sweetener size) to 1.5 liters of iced herbal tea is usually enough to sweeten it without worry. However, i drink the iced herbal teas with no sweetener and dont miss it.
‎4. Carbonation is not the problem... you can have sparkling water. However, some find that cutting out all carbonation helps with bloating/gas.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Wuv, this is great information.

As I mentioned in a different post, I definitely noticed that a diet coke, even more so without food, would set off cravings. Especially as a newbie, I'm staying away from any artificially sweetened drinks and non-food products until my body heals!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnhound1 View Post
Happy Friday, everyone! It's snowing like crazy here this morning. I was so born in the wrong state. I have under armour on at work today.

Congratulations on the NSVs and WIs. So thrilled for everyone.

I need to buy more Omega III - can I get that anywhere or does it have to be specifically IP?
That is the snow storm that is headed my way for Saturday into Sunday. They are calling for 6-8 inches here. Glad it will be falling on the weekend and not a weekday.

I use alts and I buy Omega III at Walmart. You can get it virtually anyplace, it is very common.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 156.8/146.6/130

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuu View Post
That is the snow storm that is headed my way for Saturday into Sunday. They are calling for 6-8 inches here. Glad it will be falling on the weekend and not a weekday.

I use alts and I buy Omega III at Walmart. You can get it virtually anyplace, it is very common.
I'm glad it is nice gentle snow - no screaming wind to go with it (yet). It looks like it is going to amount to quite a bit but the I can get through that - I just hate the wind.

Ex-husband and I are planning on putting studded snow tires on daughter's car. I hate to let her out the door.

Thanks for the info on Omegas - I thought that was the case but wanted to be sure.

I wasn't extremely overweight but I was really starting to have pain in my knee. I may keep on with Omegas after I am off IP.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

I was using Omega III before IP and will continue after. I can feel a difference.
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not but since I've stopped eating/drinking dairy, which I drank alot of, and stopped eating wheat I noticed my body feels a lot less groggy and more, well just better, hard to describe. I am wondering if I might have a dairy and wheat allergy. I was already drinking skim milk and didnt have much cheese often so maybe it is the wheat.
I thought I would have trouble with cravings of dairy and wheat but really, I don't miss them at all. Well, I do like breads and miss them a bit but that is my weakness that got me into this mess in the first place. Hopefully when i reach my goal I can continue staying away from them.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:56 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

There's another less expensive product out there that I bought for my hubby. He hates drinking plain water and drinks juice occassionally. It's called Twist and Sparkle. It's about half the price of the Soda Stream machine. It carbonates any cold liquid:

http://www.amazon.com/iSi-Sparkle-Be.../dp/B004JKR2LC
Old 11-18-2011, 01:14 PM   #40  
Start IP 11/15/11

S/C/G: 169.2/163.8/140

The sodastream is great. I got one for Christmas last year. Really saves money on sparkling water and soda.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4112538]Riss, although you say you can not tell your hubby you are doing the diet because you have failed all the others, THIS ONE is different, let him help you through it. He will be surprised how fast and well you do on the program. This should be a happy time for the both of you. It would make your life easier so that you could have that support at home. Keeping it a secret like this isn't the best sometimes. I know you want to surprise him with losses but just think if he was to share that experience with you how proud he will be of you.....of course this is just my 2 cents

Quote:

Molly, I don't know if you have read this when I posted it before so I will post it again...I found the same thing you are talking about last night online myself....I don't think it would hurt us but then you never know ..........pay close attention to the last section #4.......
B]
Wuv, I am not talking about actual diet soda. I heard an advertisement for a home "soda" making machine called the Soda Stream. It allows you to turn regular tap water into carbonated water and add the flavorings you want. Their diet flavorings are sweetened with Splenda and 6 of them are 0/0/0/. There is no Aspartame in them at all.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #42  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Scarmon - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Hope everyone is having a great day. Finally stopped snowing here but suppose to start again this afternoon. Have a great weekend.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Ishbel, Wuv....
I plan on telling him. I just wanted to get a little off before I did. He has always been supportive in the past, and then I fail, gain more, try again and fail. I oplan on telling him in a couple of weeks. This way he will hopefully see that I am actually following thru.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 207.8/182.4/165

Height: 5'6"

K guys....I just had my first try at waffles with vanilla pudding.....they were a flop crusty outside and nothing but air inside what did I do wrong?
Old 11-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #45  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I had my first weigh in. I lost 6 pounds. I don't know why I was stressing over this on Wednesday.
Peggy
Closed Thread