3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Inches/Weight Loss...questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/247284-inches-weight-loss-questions.html)

scpnme 11-17-2011 11:42 PM

Inches/Weight Loss...questions

Okay, so I have been OP for 12 weeks. I have lost 31.2 pounds which is so exciting for me. I am not only starting to feel healthy...but I am finally starting to feel like myself again!

With that, I have noticed many people losing A LOT of inches. My clinic only takes measurements once every 6 weeks, so today was my 2nd time since my initial consultation. I have only (I know Wuv, I know :-) ) lost 13.5 inches. I realize that should not bother me considering the fact that I am losing the pounds, but am I selfish to say...I want both!?!?!?

There is a part of me that thinks I am being ridiculous...but there is this other part of me that is wondering if I am doing something wrong...

wuv2bloved 11-17-2011 11:44 PM

I have loss now 104lbs but only 70 inches...it all works out

thin4me 11-18-2011 12:30 AM

And I'm the other way around, lost 24 lbs but over 35 inches - I'd rather weigh less.... grass is always greener on the other side

Linden 11-18-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scpnme (Post 4112080)
Okay, so I have been OP for 12 weeks. I have lost 31.2 pounds which is so exciting for me. I am not only starting to feel healthy...but I am finally starting to feel like myself again!

With that, I have noticed many people losing A LOT of inches. My clinic only takes measurements once every 6 weeks, so today was my 2nd time since my initial consultation. I have only (I know Wuv, I know :-) ) lost 13.5 inches. I realize that should not bother me considering the fact that I am losing the pounds, but am I selfish to say...I want both!?!?!?

There is a part of me that thinks I am being ridiculous...but there is this other part of me that is wondering if I am doing something wrong...

assure you that all
clinics do NOT measure the same number of places (or the same way). ;)
Great loss! And I can

ItsAboutTime 11-18-2011 08:55 AM

I've lost 50.4 pounds and 36.5 inches. Some weeks it's more inches less weight and some it's the opposite. It will all work itself out.

respiratory38 11-18-2011 10:08 AM

I guess we are all different. I have lost ten pounds twenty inches in two weeks. I want the pounds. This is my third week and the scale is not moving. I have been very hungry this week. I am wanting some food.

Calypso 11-18-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scpnme (Post 4112080)

When you say 13.5" do you mean total or just off you waist or hips?

runningfromfat 11-18-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calypso (Post 4112489)
When you say 13.5" do you mean total or just off you waist or hips?

Yeah, I think that's really the important question here. How many different places are you measuring? I mean if you're measuring just your bust/waist/hips and someone else is measuring their bust/waist/hips AND their thighs/upper arms/calves, well, you can't compare those two at all!!!

FWIW, 13.5" is nothing to sneeze at no matter how many different body parts you're measuring. ;)

ladyrayado 11-18-2011 11:02 AM

I've lost almost 19lbs on IP, but very few inches. An average of 1-3 off each of the areas I measure (hips, waist, thigh, arm, and bust). I was disheartened at first, but the scale kept going down and I moved down a size in clothes, so I'm ok with it now. I'm hoping the inches eventually catch up with the pounds.

scpnme 11-18-2011 11:20 AM

Thank you everyone for the awesome support! My clinic measures Rt arm, chest, waist, hips, and rt thigh. Guess where I have lost the most??? YEP, you guessed it...the girls!! I swear my one year of being at goal present to myself is going to be a visit to a plastic surgeon!!! :) Thirteen months of nursing and IP have brought the girls d o w n!!! LOL!!!

Wayward 11-18-2011 11:22 AM

I have lost over 35 inches, but I know that according to Wuv her clinic measures more areas then mine does.
So you cannot compare inches from someone else, some clinics only take 5 measurements and some take 8 or 9.
That makes a huge difference in inches lost.

Wayward 11-18-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scpnme (Post 4112543)
Thank you everyone for the awesome support! My clinic measures Rt arm, chest, waist, hips, and rt thigh. Guess where I have lost the most??? YEP, you guessed it...the girls!! I swear my one year of being at goal present to myself is going to be a visit to a plastic surgeon!!! :) Thirteen months of nursing and IP have brought the girls d o w n!!! LOL!!!

Your clinic measures the same as mine, so but weight and inches lost you are right on par with me as well.
Wuv does at least 2 or 3 more measurements then we do.

My wife has lost more in her girls then everywhere else too lol.
My main lost is my hips and my waist, yay.

foxnhound1 11-18-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward (Post 4112547)
My main lost is my hips and my waist, yay.

Men!!!

:D

Porthardygurl 11-18-2011 04:04 PM

i know right. MEN!!! always losing more than we are and everywhere we want to lose it.. tut tut