Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Well, almost half of my work day over and I have not touched any of the food. One of the girls asked why I wasn't eating my favorites and I told her, so she ran to the store and bought a bunch of celery and a jar of dill pickles so I could eat something.

Thank you all for the Happy Birthdays.....I know I can do this......I control the food, food does not control me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rissimo; 11-17-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

leganan - very nice!
rissio - Happy Birthday
Ishbel - touching story, loved it, had a couple of tears ")

Just baked 2 Carrot Cakes from scratch, have friends with birthdays the next couple of days, so my post is short, I am getting those suckers out of here NOW! tee hee, have a good one
Old 11-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #33  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Rissio... happy birthday..

I don't get to have my airplane related NSV in December like I originally planned.
But I would still like to comment on it.
The last time I flew I couldn't get the fricken seat belt to latch, how sad is that, and pride kept me from asking for an extension, ok pride and embarrassment.
Every time an attendant walked down the aisle I just held the belt under my jacket so she couldn't see it wasn't latched.
Like if the plane crashed the belt was going to save me anyways lol.
I wish I was still going to my conference, it would have been nice to be over 100 pounds lighter than the last time I took that flight and been able to actually tighten the seat belt this time lol.

Sometimes we take for granted how far many of us have come, it's the little things like being able to sit comfortably that tiny people just don't always understand.
I know even my vehicle selection this last time around was limited because I wanted a vehicle I could fit in comfortably. Now I am almost swimming in the seats of both our cars.

O.k. I do actually have a strange NSV I have been having lately.
I have no BUTT... I know most women lose a lot in their chests which they are not happy with, but I literally have no butt at all anymore, sitting at the basketball games I have to sit on my sweatshirt because my butt gets sore.
Sitting in my comfy leather office chair at home too long, riding my bike too long, everything hurts my butt because there is no padding there anymore.

So I guess that's a good NSV even though I don't enjoy it lol.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #34  

Height: 5'4"

Leganan: Great speech. I bet you did a wonderful job.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #35  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey Hey Everyone,

So I have a really personal NSV that I'd like to share (usually just like reading about others NSV's).

So my father passed away about 4 1/2 years ago, the winter before he was tired of being cold all the time so he went out around Feb and bought a new winter jacket (the ones on sale). It was a great jacket and very very warm (I remember my mom rolling her eyes cause he spent so much on it even though it was on sale lol). Unfortunately the zipper broke in it...so being my dad he made a point to take it back to the store and get them to put a new zipper on it.

During his last stint in the hospital the store left a message at home to tell us that it was done and available for pick up. So I told him, he looked right at me and whispered "will you pick it up for me babe?". Of course I said sure. He passed away a few days later. So I had to go pick up before the funeral. My mom said I could have it because he asked me to pick it up and it was the last thing he asked me to do.

I couldn't fit it, LOL I was too big. My sister tried it on and said "hey, I should have this it fits me." And I said "nope, it's mine it can stay in the closet until I fit it".

Today it's -15 C and I'M so tired of being cold that I dug the jacket out of my closet. Today is the first day I got to wear it...it's so awesome! (I cried) Actually it's kinda almost too big.

Yesterday I only lost 1 (yes I said only and no one is allowed to comment on it!). I had my 20 minutes of pity party and today I'm so grateful to finally get to wear my dad's jacket because I've lost 96 lbs and what I lost last week isn't going to change what I eat this week.

Hope everyone has a great day!
That is an incredible story and very touching. Congratulations on your NSV and enjoy every moment of wearing your Dads jacket and all the memories you have of him.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #36  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=leganegan;4111428]Yesterday was a big day for me! Went to seminar at my clinic. Weighed in and spoke about my experience to fellow IPers… I have all of you to thank for the tools of success.
And… my body fat is now 23% and my weight is 138! Still can’t believe I’m in the 130s. My mom and friend came last night. It’s nice to have them for support and I wanted my mom to truly understand why I am doing this (she’s a type one diabetic).

WOW what a great speech I bet there was a whole bunch of people signing up after you spoke.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 156.8/146.6/130

Height: 5'-3"

Very touching NSV's today. It's also great seeing everyone take the control back from food and resisting temptations. It can be hard - but so worth it.

I'm back from WI today. 1.6 pounds less and 1.25 inches down. The inches came off pretty evenly this time - about .25 inches from everywhere. I'm not absolutely thrilled with that - but dang TOM came back. Much earlier than should be.

Oh well, I'll kick butt next week. 1.6 is still more than I would have lost in a "normal" week. I was hoping by weighing early, their scale would be closer to what I weigh at home in the mornings but it was still 2.5 pounds heavier. Dang clothes.

My coach gave me one of the cookies to try. It's okay but probably not something I would purchase. The apple/cinnamon puffs are much better and take longer to eat.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #38  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I'm losing my butt too. I couldn't sit for more than 5 minutes on the bleachers at oldest son's soccer practice the other day. It felt like there was nothing between my butt bones and the wood. I've spent most of my life smaller than I am right now. Do I feel it more now because I'm older and everything hurts worse now than when I was younger? Or do your butt bones get used to it eventually? LOL!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Rissio... happy birthday..

I don't get to have my airplane related NSV in December like I originally planned.
But I would still like to comment on it.
The last time I flew I couldn't get the fricken seat belt to latch, how sad is that, and pride kept me from asking for an extension, ok pride and embarrassment.
Every time an attendant walked down the aisle I just held the belt under my jacket so she couldn't see it wasn't latched.
Like if the plane crashed the belt was going to save me anyways lol.
I wish I was still going to my conference, it would have been nice to be over 100 pounds lighter than the last time I took that flight and been able to actually tighten the seat belt this time lol.

Sometimes we take for granted how far many of us have come, it's the little things like being able to sit comfortably that tiny people just don't always understand.
I know even my vehicle selection this last time around was limited because I wanted a vehicle I could fit in comfortably. Now I am almost swimming in the seats of both our cars.

O.k. I do actually have a strange NSV I have been having lately.
I have no BUTT... I know most women lose a lot in their chests which they are not happy with, but I literally have no butt at all anymore, sitting at the basketball games I have to sit on my sweatshirt because my butt gets sore.
Sitting in my comfy leather office chair at home too long, riding my bike too long, everything hurts my butt because there is no padding there anymore.

So I guess that's a good NSV even though I don't enjoy it lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Well, almost half of my work day over and I have not touched any of the food. One of the girls asked why I wasn't eating my favorites and I told her, so she ran to the store and bought a bunch of celery and a jar of dill pickles so I could eat something.

Thank you all for the Happy Birthdays.....I know I can do this......I control the food, food does not control me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wayward, I forgot about the seatbelt issue when I fly. Now I'm looking foward to my flight in December to see how much easier it buckles! And I have to laugh about your "side effect" from IP....."noassitol" is something it seems that most men suffer from. That should really make you feel thinner!

Rissi, what a great friend you have at work. That was so thoughtful of her.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Quote:

Way to Go Rissimo!! And nice of your coworker to go out and do that for you!!! Keep it up!!

I lost another 2 lbs this week and another 3 inches!!

In total i am down 70 inches since i started!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:05 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Great speech, leganegan!!! Very inspiring!! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:

Way to go!! And that was really sweet of your co-worker to do that for you!! Enjoy your day!!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #42  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Oooohhhhh, today is going to be a real test of willpower for me. Co-workers are bringing in food today for my Birthday and 3 boxes of HOT Krispy Kreme Donuts just went by. They are my weakness. At least the only place to set the food is one row over, so I won't have to see it or smell it. They don't know that I have started this diet so I know that they are not trying to sabotage me.
Wishing you a very happy birthday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post

Anyway, the best NSVs ever -- did not have to turn sideways to walk through the airplane aisle. Did not have to put the armrest up to get extra space in the seat and was even able to cross my legs comfortably -- even when the lady in front of me reclined her seat!
I'm flying back home at the end of December. I can't wait to get on that plane and just buckle up that seat belt with no problems what so ever. My husband has executive status on American because he travels so much. As a result he always gets upgraded to first class. He said I could have his first class seat when we fly, but I'm almost tempted to sit back in coach class with the kids just to experience a smaller me in the seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey Hey Everyone,

So I have a really personal NSV that I'd like to share (usually just like reading about others NSV's).

So my father passed away about 4 1/2 years ago, the winter before he was tired of being cold all the time so he went out around Feb and bought a new winter jacket (the ones on sale). It was a great jacket and very very warm (I remember my mom rolling her eyes cause he spent so much on it even though it was on sale lol). Unfortunately the zipper broke in it...so being my dad he made a point to take it back to the store and get them to put a new zipper on it.

During his last stint in the hospital the store left a message at home to tell us that it was done and available for pick up. So I told him, he looked right at me and whispered "will you pick it up for me babe?". Of course I said sure. He passed away a few days later. So I had to go pick up before the funeral. My mom said I could have it because he asked me to pick it up and it was the last thing he asked me to do.

I couldn't fit it, LOL I was too big. My sister tried it on and said "hey, I should have this it fits me." And I said "nope, it's mine it can stay in the closet until I fit it".

Today it's -15 C and I'M so tired of being cold that I dug the jacket out of my closet. Today is the first day I got to wear it...it's so awesome! (I cried) Actually it's kinda almost too big.

Yesterday I only lost 1 (yes I said only and no one is allowed to comment on it!). I had my 20 minutes of pity party and today I'm so grateful to finally get to wear my dad's jacket because I've lost 96 lbs and what I lost last week isn't going to change what I eat this week.

Hope everyone has a great day!
I love your story. I lost my dad almost 15 years ago and your story brought a tears to my eyes.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #43  
ON IP Since November 1

S/C/G: 191/175.6/125

Height: 5'4

YAYA finally got my signature, now I just need to find a picture to go with it.

I weighed in last night and lost 2.4 lbs and 4 inches, I am super stoked about that.

Hope everyone is having a great day, looking forward to cold and snowey weekend here in Cow Town.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #44  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

When I used to fly and they would say if you needed extra time to board that is when I would board so that I could ask for the extension. I don't have plans to fly anytime soon but when I do I won't have to ask for an extension anymore, at least I don't think I will.

Great NSV's this morning and a lot of good WI's reported as well. Yes the weather is crazy EVERYWHERE today so it seems. I am so glad I work from home and don't have to get out.

Lauren, great speech, like Roller said I bet people will be signing up for sure. When you stop and think about everything you have gone through from start to now its amazing how you change, at least I know for me it has.

Hope everyone has a great day.....OH YEA Happy Birthday Riss, its great to have friends to take care of you when they find out you are trying to get healthier
Old 11-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshGFonIP View Post
YAYA finally got my signature, now I just need to find a picture to go with it.

I weighed in last night and lost 2.4 lbs and 4 inches, I am super stoked about that.

Hope everyone is having a great day, looking forward to cold and snowey weekend here in Cow Town.
Congrats on the weight loss and awesome inches.

Where is Cow Town?
Closed Thread