Old 11-16-2011, 10:58 PM   #1  
back on track

S/C/G: 175/175/135-145

Height: 5'6.5"

Lightbulb Tazo Tea (helps with hunger big time!)

For newbies just starting IP like me, I just wanted to pass along this tip (it REALLY helps with hunger)...

You may have already noticed this, but hot drinks are a great trick to suppressing appetite. I really like Tazo Teas- they have a flavor for every mood! I know they have their own website to order from if you google 'tazo tea'...but I am able to get them through Starbucks. So far I have tried these three flavors:

- Refresh (minty revitalizing taste- great for perking up if you're feeling sluggish)
- Calm (lemony herbal taste- I typically drink this before bed. It's very relaxing and the scent it gives off reminds me of an aromatherapy candle)
- Awake (this is a black tea- although it has a bitter taster, it works better than coffee for me...definitely gives me an extra boost when I need it)

The other day I saw that Starbucks had a Tazo Tea holiday tin gift set for $20. It's kind of a sampler pack of some of their sweet flavors. I have really been wanting to try their Vanilla Bean mix, which is included within the sampler set. Does anyone have reviews on this pack/flavor yet?

Also, does anyone else drink Tazo Teas? If so, are their any other must try flavors?...I want to double check on this as well- are their any IP restrictions/rules on teas?

Lastly, does anyone mix additional ingredients into their tea to spice/sweeten them up a bit?

Oh, forgot to mention- heating up the IP drink mixes helps with appetite A LOT too! I highly recommend it.
April2Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #2  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Celestial Tea LemonZinger works best for me. That stuff stops hunger and any sweet cravings cold. When I was drinking it daily last winter, I couldn't even eat sweets. I could taste the chemicals in junk food, but I could eat healthy (fruit) fine. I love that stuff.

I also like Bigelow's Spiced Chai. I add a splash of milk and hazlenut SF syrup. It's tasty. When I steep it long enough I can get it really close to Starbuck's chai. Sometimes I add a bag of green tea in with it.

I am going to start trying loose teas to get more flavor an variety.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote