Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 01:01 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 11/17/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-17-2011, 06:26 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7'

I had two NSVs yesterday.

I had just finished a meeting and one of my colleagues was walking back to our office and said to me 'you are shrinking! what are you doing? you look wonderful'.

Then about an hour later another colleague came in my office and said, "I hope you don't think I'm sexually harassing you, but you are shrinking from behind! Keep up the great work!". I loved it, we had a good laugh together over that one.

I don't feel like I've lost any weight this week but i do feel like my clothes are fitting looser. Love this plan!!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

I know from when I lost weight years ago, when people notice and say something about it, it sure feels great.

Last edited by rissimo; 11-17-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:44 AM   #4  

Good Morning Friends,
Start of day 3 and I am feeling pretty good. I got on the scale this morning just to see if I had lost anything yet and I have dropped 5 pounds. That made me feel good. I need to find the tape measure so I can measure myself so I can keep up with that as well. Cause from what I have learned so far from all of you is that pounds are not the only thing we need to watch disappear. I would like to thank all those that give the encouragement and tough love that is needed here to those so far and I am looking forward to it for me as well. I know that this is going to be a tough journey, but in the end it is going to be well worth it.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:21 AM   #5  

Oooohhhhh, today is going to be a real test of willpower for me. Co-workers are bringing in food today for my Birthday and 3 boxes of HOT Krispy Kreme Donuts just went by. They are my weakness. At least the only place to set the food is one row over, so I won't have to see it or smell it. They don't know that I have started this diet so I know that they are not trying to sabotage me.

Last edited by rissimo; 11-17-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Oooohhhhh, today is going to be a real test of willpower for me. Co-workers are bringing in food today for my Birthday and 3 boxes of HOT Krispy Kreme Donuts just went by. They are my weakness. At least the only place to set the food is one row over, so I won't have to see it or smell it. They don't know that I have started this diet so I know that they are not trying to sabotage me.
Happy Birthday! And stay strong. You can do this.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:41 AM   #7  
Peggy

S/C/G: 191/ticker/135

I'm starting day seven today. So far it has gone really well. My biggest issue has been headaches. The sea salt in hand trick has been a real life saver. I'm still terrified of being a slow looser. But at this stage I'll take any weight lose. I noticed that in most signatures people have a 5-10 pound weight lose the first week and I know this is not going to be me. I had to go to my regular doctor yesterday for a follow up visit and was down 3 pounds. My weigh in is tomorrow i'm eager to see what their scales read.
Peggy
Old 11-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Hi All. Day 4 of vacation. Still staying on program, but despite all of my planning, I managed to leave a bunch of packets behind. I did pack the all important vanilla pudding for my morning coffee though. I bought some Atkins bars that are comparable to the restricteds.

Anyway, the best NSVs ever -- did not have to turn sideways to walk through the airplane aisle. Did not have to put the armrest up to get extra space in the seat and was even able to cross my legs comfortably -- even when the lady in front of me reclined her seat. I also bought a beautiful cashmere sweater -- size medium -- at a consignment shop for $28. It fits beautifully and I'm thrilled!

I am having some body image issues though. I went to buy a bathing suit and couldn't get into my head what size I really am. They all looked so small. It's not a bad issue to have, but it is taking some adjustment.

So, I'm keeping strong. Wishing everybody a good day!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:59 AM   #9  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Just a quick note to all the newbies... This diet DOES work. I started Feb 2011, stayed on the program for 7 months, hit goal on 9/16 (~60lbs lighter), and have been in maintenance for over a month.

The program is STRICT but EASY. I tell everyone to not confuse the two terms. They tell you exactly what to do (EASY), but you have to follow it 100% (STRICT). I and others on here are proof that it really does work.

You are doing great things for your body by being on this diet. My knees no longer ache, I have a spring in my step, I own pants in sizes 4 and 6, and I have cute dresses that I like to wear. This diet gave me my life back.

Quote:
Happy birthday! If people ask you about your diet, I found it helpful to say that I've started to eat "clean" and leave it at that. When they ask for more info, just say that you are eating unprocessed vegetables and meat, and trying to cut out bread and sugar. Most people left me alone when I put it that way... You might get people who ask for more details once they see you losing a lot of weight, but try not to talk about the diet too much in the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicpinecone View Post
I'm starting day seven today. So far it has gone really well. My biggest issue has been headaches. The sea salt in hand trick has been a real life saver. I'm still terrified of being a slow looser. But at this stage I'll take any weight lose. I noticed that in most signatures people have a 5-10 pound weight lose the first week and I know this is not going to be me. I had to go to my regular doctor yesterday for a follow up visit and was down 3 pounds. My weigh in is tomorrow i'm eager to see what their scales read.
Peggy
Try not to compare yourself to others. This is your journey. Most people do hav a big loss the first week, because the regimine is so different from what you were eating the week before and the body is adjusting to that. Someone used an analogy here a long time ago that I really liked. Each week is like a grade in college. When you graduate (reach goal), no one cares what grades you got in what classes. All that matters is that you finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
Hi All. Day 4 of vacation. Still staying on program, but despite all of my planning, I managed to leave a bunch of packets behind. I did pack the all important vanilla pudding for my morning coffee though. I bought some Atkins bars that are comparable to the restricteds.

Anyway, the best NSVs ever -- did not have to turn sideways to walk through the airplane aisle. Did not have to put the armrest up to get extra space in the seat and was even able to cross my legs comfortably -- even when the lady in front of me reclined her seat. I also bought a beautiful cashmere sweater -- size medium -- at a consignment shop for $28. It fits beautifully and I'm thrilled!

I am having some body image issues though. I went to buy a bathing suit and couldn't get into my head what size I really am. They all looked so small. It's not a bad issue to have, but it is taking some adjustment.

So, I'm keeping strong. Wishing everybody a good day!
I remember walking into a Chico's store and the lady asked me "what size are you?". I almost burst out crying. I simply said "I have recently lost (at the time) 35 lbs and I hate to say this, but I have no idea." She was SO thrilled to help me.

If you are in a real pinch on vacation, get plain greek yogurt at a grocery store. It's high in protein (18 gms or so) and very low in carbs (6gms or so). Chobani is my favorite, but Fage is good too, as is Dannon and Stonyfield Farms. I really dislike the Yoplait version, as it has a funny aftertaste.

Most importantly, enjoy your vacation in your new body.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:11 AM   #10  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Well I am prepared for my day. Packed my 2 cups of veggies and 2 shakes(10am and 1:30) for my journey out into this wild blizzardy day here in Central Alberta. I deliver mail on foot and walk for about 4 hours and carry heavy mail and flyers. Now I don't carry an extra 54 lbs on me LOL. Love your postie today
Great job Pxlkitty4, you are an inspiration!
Happy Birthday Rissimo!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #11  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

I had weigh in #3 last night and am down 5lbs, that's 15lbs in 3 weeks! Fab diet. Looking forward to enjoying the January sales in Dublin this new year. I'm feeling like I will be able to see this weight loss journey through to the end. I say that tentatively because I have sabotaged every diet I have started in the last 10 years.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Hey Everyone,

So I have a really personal NSV that I'd like to share (usually just like reading about others NSV's).

So my father passed away about 4 1/2 years ago, the winter before he was tired of being cold all the time so he went out around Feb and bought a new winter jacket (the ones on sale). It was a great jacket and very very warm (I remember my mom rolling her eyes cause he spent so much on it even though it was on sale lol). Unfortunately the zipper broke in it...so being my dad he made a point to take it back to the store and get them to put a new zipper on it.

During his last stint in the hospital the store left a message at home to tell us that it was done and available for pick up. So I told him, he looked right at me and whispered "will you pick it up for me babe?". Of course I said sure. He passed away a few days later. So I had to go pick up before the funeral. My mom said I could have it because he asked me to pick it up and it was the last thing he asked me to do.

I couldn't fit it, LOL I was too big. My sister tried it on and said "hey, I should have this it fits me." And I said "nope, it's mine it can stay in the closet until I fit it".

Today it's -15 C and I'M so tired of being cold that I dug the jacket out of my closet. Today is the first day I got to wear it...it's so awesome! (I cried) Actually it's kinda almost too big.

Yesterday I only lost 1 (yes I said only and no one is allowed to comment on it!). I had my 20 minutes of pity party and today I'm so grateful to finally get to wear my dad's jacket because I've lost 96 lbs and what I lost last week isn't going to change what I eat this week.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Ishbel; 11-17-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Hang in there Rissi, you can do it!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey Hey Everyone,

So I have a really personal NSV that I'd like to share (usually just like reading about others NSV's).

So my father passed away about 4 1/2 years ago, the winter before he was tired of being cold all the time so he went out around Feb and bought a new winter jacket (the ones on sale). It was a great jacket and very very warm (I remember my mom rolling her eyes cause he spent so much on it even though it was on sale lol). Unfortunately the zipper broke in it...so being my dad he made a point to take it back to the store and get them to put a new zipper on it.

During his last stint in the hospital the store left a message at home to tell us that it was done and available for pick up. So I told him, he looked right at me and whispered "will you pick it up for me babe?". Of course I said sure. He passed away a few days later. So I had to go pick up before the funeral. My mom said I could have it because he asked me to pick it up and it was the last thing he asked me to do.

I couldn't fit it, LOL I was too big. My sister tried it on and said "hey, I should have this it fits me." And I said "nope, it's mine it can stay in the closet until I fit it".

Today it's -15 C and I'M so tired of being cold that I dug the jacket out of my closet. Today is the first day I got to wear it...it's so awesome! (I cried) Actually it's kinda almost too big.

Yesterday I only lost 1 (yes I said only and no one is allowed to comment on it!). I had my 20 minutes of pity party and today I'm so grateful to finally get to wear my dad's jacket because I've lost 96 lbs and what I lost last week isn't going to change what I eat this week.

Congrats to you, now I have to go get a tissue to dry my eyes. What a wonderful story and quite possibly the best NSV ever!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
I had two NSVs yesterday.

I had just finished a meeting and one of my colleagues was walking back to our office and said to me 'you are shrinking! what are you doing? you look wonderful'.

Then about an hour later another colleague came in my office and said, "I hope you don't think I'm sexually harassing you, but you are shrinking from behind! Keep up the great work!". I loved it, we had a good laugh together over that one.

I don't feel like I've lost any weight this week but i do feel like my clothes are fitting looser. Love this plan!!
Congrats on the awesome compliments! That is such a great feeling!

Quote:
My birthday was at the end of October and I stayed 100% OP for it. A little piece of cake (or donuts in your case!) was not going to take me down! It's just a short-term sacrifice for long-term success!

[QUOTE=rainbowmom;4111141]

Anyway, the best NSVs ever -- did not have to turn sideways to walk through the airplane aisle. Did not have to put the armrest up to get extra space in the seat and was even able to cross my legs comfortably -- even when the lady in front of me reclined her seat. I also bought a beautiful cashmere sweater -- size medium -- at a consignment shop for $28. It fits beautifully and I'm thrilled! [QUOTE]

$28 for cashmere?! Swoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolirish View Post
I had weigh in #3 last night and am down 5lbs, that's 15lbs in 3 weeks! Fab diet. Looking forward to enjoying the January sales in Dublin this new year. I'm feeling like I will be able to see this weight loss journey through to the end. I say that tentatively because I have sabotaged every diet I have started in the last 10 years.
Congrats - you are making superb progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Hey Hey Everyone,

I teared up at this a bit! I'm so happy you can wear the coat and that it brings back good memories of your dad. Congrats on an amazing 96 pounds lost!
Closed Thread