Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 11/15/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-15-2011, 05:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

argh can't sleep, going to be a rough day today
Old 11-15-2011, 05:56 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7'

Wuv - I just read your NSV from yesterday and it made me smile! What an awesome validation for you...you SHOULD have people jumping up and down and cheering you on. Your 100+ lb loss is an enormous accomplishment. I am sure you've added years to your life.

Keep up the fabulous job you've been doing and all the positive energy you ooze out of every pore....it helps everyone here and probably makes you feel prett good too :-)
Old 11-15-2011, 07:51 AM   #4  

Hey Wuv,
For some reason I couldn't send you a message through the board. I tried sending you an email through regular email to your yahoo address. I don't think you got it. I'm weighing in today and I'm going to show my coach your blog. Can you give me a good email address I can send you a message later to send you information?
Thanks,
Caroline
Old 11-15-2011, 08:08 AM   #5  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Awesome feeling Wuv Gotta bit more snow here today to deliver mail in, fun. Weigh in today. Gonna try to make the Turkey meatballs from IP Finland...sounds yummy.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:39 AM   #6  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Height: 5'3"

How do I find the post on why you shouldn't weigh everyday and the one about asparteme? I tried the search, but I am obviously not doing it correctly. Thank you.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/161/150

good morning all!! Congrats wuv on your nsv yesterday its always nice when you haven't seen someone in awhile and they are suprised by you - It makes you feel great about your accomplishments...

Just wanted to say hello and hope everyone has a great day - good luck to all the people with weigh ins today - !!!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/161/150

oh yeah and whats the tea trick the day before weigh in about? I must have missed that somewhere along the way?
Old 11-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 164/151/130

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All
Well today in two hours I go for my weigh in #3 and very nervous and excited all at the same time. Sometimes I feel like I am in school and being graded. YIKES. I haven't cheated but I don't feel any different this week. My losses have been slow but I am in ketosis. Just want to wish everyone luck who may be weighing in today. Will post my results when I am back. good luck to all.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:58 AM   #10  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Morning. Just saying Hi.
Wuv - congrats on the NSV. What an awesome feeling.
I stayed up way too late last night. I am hurting today. And hungrier but I am not giving in. Amazing how lack of sleep affects my appetite.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwmgrl View Post
oh yeah and whats the tea trick the day before weigh in about? I must have missed that somewhere along the way?
I, too, must have missed that somewhere along the way. Anytips are appreciated!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #12  

Default Ketosis

Is it possible for me to have completed 3 full weeks and not yet have been in ketosis? I had a bad headache around day 3 or 4 but it has passed but I have not experienced the sweet breath or urine. I am wondering i my use of Mio is slowing my progress. I know some people only use it once a day-some use it all day, like me---and some don't use it at all.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Good morning, everyone!! The "up too late" thing must be going around...I couldn't sleep at all last night and now it's supposed to rain here today and I just wanna go to bed!! LOVE to sleep in when it's raining!!

Best of luck to everyone with WI's today!!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:00 AM   #14  

OMG, I think I just answered my own question about Mio. I did a google search on Mio and it led me to some information about the ingredients in it, one of which is Propylene Glycol. Amongst it's many uses, it used to treat Ketosis in livestock! I realize there may be no correlation between livestock and human uses, but just the thought that it stops ketosis in livestock makes me think I have sabotaged myself. I plan to go this next week drinking water only, no Mio and see what that does.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #15  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

I sent an email to my sister-in-law this morning who is struggling to stay on-plan. She emailed back and said that was exactly what she needed today, so I thought why not post it on here today. Very simple rules to live by

*Remember that "IT'S JUST FOOD!" All we need it for, is to stay alive and we only need a little to keep us sustained until our next meal.

*Set a mini goal. "I want to lose 10 lbs by Christmas." That is totally attainable.

*Don't let family and friends sabotage you. Let them know your "on plan" and cannot have certain things!

*Get the right food in your house and if you aren't strong enough to have bad food in your house then get rid of it.

*Change your attitude. Don't feel sad and sorry for yourself when you see other people indulging in your favorite foods. You have a goal in mind that is much more important than a few minutes of pleasure that will just consume you later with guilt.

*If you cheat, (which you shouldn't) don't let that be a free ticket to eat whatever you want for the next 5 days. Break that cycle

HAVE A GREAT ON PLAN DAY!!
Closed Thread