Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 09:42 AM   #256  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Rubyh Congrats on the good first day. The rest is the past, so let's focus on what we can change.

I don't know if I will make it staying off the scale for a month. We will see. I know I had a good day yesterday and I'm prepared for today.

My daughters gave me a gift certificate for a facial. I had mentioned that I have never had one and it sounded kind of nice. My appointment is this afternoon and I really have no idea what to expect, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy it!
Old 01-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #257  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Small animal plus 30 mph winds = airborne.

Well, that's about all the news for the day. Except. EXCEPT, down 1.8 pounds in 2 days. And if that's all I lose this week, I'll still be ecstatic. Yeah!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #258  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

good morning everyone!

I am so excited to be back with a renewed sense of commitment to get the last 25-30 lbs off.

I signed up for a weight loss challenge in my town... each person pays $20 who enters and whomever loses the highest percentage of weight in 6 weeks, gets 100% of the pot. I'm going to win it ladies... fingers crossed!

hope you all have a great day... I am happy to be back in routine with my boys starting school today. the holidays were long this year!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #259  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post

General Tso chicken
is a rather spicy Chinese style dish. I found the recipe on a new show here called "The Chew". If the link gets removed, you can google the name and the show and get the recipe. I basically followed their recipe but left out the corn starch and didn't put it over rice. I really like Asian style foods. It would be better if I didn't like the rice!

As far as your rhetorical question, I can't resist saying that usually, whatever someone else is making sounds better!
Do you omit the honey as well or are we allowed honey?
Old 01-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #260  
Started IP 7/7/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
Do you omit the honey as well or are we allowed honey?
Yes, sorry, I omit the honey. I added some lime zest and a little of the lime juice instead. Honey isn't allowed on IP. Thanks for catching that.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Yes, sorry, I omit the honey. I added some lime zest and a little of the lime juice instead. Honey isn't allowed on IP. Thanks for catching that.
Oh my Marion, everything I eat lately seems to come from your suggestions!
Thanks so much.

I made a huge pot of the chili and froze a lot for when I am back at school. I love chili which I make with half extra lean hamburger and half lean ground turkey. I was waiting till I got to maintenance because of the kidney beans. I had an haha moment when you said you put spinach in it. Hubby ate lots of it and didn't even notice there were no kidney beans.

Next I will make this chicken. I was wondering about the honey and had planned to put a bit of splenda in. But now I think I will try the lime juice too.

Pat
Old 01-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #262  
Started IP 7/7/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Well, that's about all the news for the day. Except. EXCEPT, down 1.8 pounds in 2 days. And if that's all I lose this week, I'll still be ecstatic. Yeah!
I love the caption for your post! It makes me laugh just imagining it. I'm more of a cat person, but that's really just because they are easier to leave home unattended than dogs. We have 3 cats, and one that is a real ham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Oh my Marion, everything I eat lately seems to come from your suggestions!
Thanks so much.

I made a huge pot of the chili and froze a lot for when I am back at school. I love chili which I make with half extra lean hamburger and half lean ground turkey. I was waiting till I got to maintenance because of the kidney beans. I had an haha moment when you said you put spinach in it. Hubby ate lots of it and didn't even notice there were no kidney beans.

Next I will make this chicken. I was wondering about the honey and had planned to put a bit of splenda in. But now I think I will try the lime juice too.

Pat
Pat, I'm glad the chili worked out for you. My husband doesn't like beans, but he wouldn't eat this with all of the veggies either so it just means more for me throughout the week.

I do think you could use a bit of splenda in the chicken. I'd taste it and see how you like it. That thought might have occurred to me at some point yesterday and I got distracted and I can't say that I really missed it in the end.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #263  
Started IP 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 211/196/160

Height: 5'5"

Well I survived day 1 of the restart! I thought it would be harder, but drinking water when I am feeling hungry has helped out a lot! My husband and I have our own challenge with each other. He is not doing IP, but eating healthy and exercising. I told him I was going to dominate, so there is no turning back now....I WILL WIN!!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
That is fantastic!!! Well not the airborne doggie part. See he was right when he planted his rump on the step yesterday.
WTG on getting back on track with the IP stuff.

Last edited by patns; 01-03-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #265  
Started IP 7/7/2010

Linden Great work on the loss! I missed that comment earlier!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 160/IP 155/146/118

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm Baaaaaack.....again but the first time in 2012!

Hi everyone!
I've decided to come out from my rock, come to terms with what I have done to myself & get back in control. Today is day 2 of being OP & I am feeling so much better than I have in months. I'm taking it one day at a time but I find so much solace & support from these threads especially this one!

I am a compulsive overeater & totally caved in to every whim these past months. I would be OP for 2-3 days, then I would be out of control usually starting with just a little"taste".

I reached goal a year ago & phased off just like I was suppose to but could not handle maintenance. 2012 will be different! I'm in with everyone here & will not let my 28 lb regain deter me.

Let's work together this year for all of us to realize our ideal weight loss!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #267  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I love the caption for your post! It makes me laugh just imagining it. I'm more of a cat person, but that's really just because they are easier to leave home unattended than dogs. We have 3 cats, and one that is a real ham.
I'm definitely a cat person, too, and had at least one since I was two. In fact, I don't think I've ever met any type of animal I didn't like, even my own species. Sadly, after I wrote that post I took Andy-the-Cat to the vet and he's in the middle stages of renal failure. It hasn't reached the point where he's miserable, nor will I let it. But it's hard. I've known him 30% of my life.

Last edited by Linden; 01-04-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #268  
Started IP 7/7/2010

Quote:
I'm definitely a cat person, too, and had at least one since I was two. In fact, I don't think I've ever met any type of animal I didn't like, even my own species. Sadly, after I wrote that post I took Andy-the-Cat to the vet and he's in the middle stages of renal failure. It hasn't reached the point where he's miserable, nor will I let it. But it's hard. I've known him 30% of my life.
OH! I'm so sorry! We've had a couple of cats for their lifespan and it's difficult.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Third day OP and I feel just great! Can't wait to see what the scale says next Monday - I'm hoping for a good loss to start the new year off right! Have a great day everyone! My serious note for the day: Women - please take time to do your monthly self breast exams, and your annual mammogram. Today is the 1st anniversary of the death of my sister - who was only 57 - she was diagnosed at 49 with breast cancer, fought it - was fine for 6 years, it came back and lived only 13 months after her second diagnosis.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 155/ x /135

Height: 5'4"

Third day for me as well. Feeling great and renewed motivation. Added a little more EVOO to my salad today and a few more spices so back to loving my salad. I need to look at the phase 1 sheet as the olives on the salad bar looked good but i couldn't remember if they were OP or not.

Rubyh - sorry to hear about your sister
Closed Thread