Old 11-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 143/125/115

Height: 5'2

Default For those that took a break on IP and went back on & how did you get remotivated

Did you have a big loss? I'm losing focus and it's so hard to restart. Sigh, any tips onthose who went on a break and wanted to do ip again?
xjennyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #2  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjennyd View Post
Did you have a big loss? I'm losing focus and it's so hard to restart. Sigh, any tips onthose who went on a break and wanted to do ip again?
Others have hinted at this, tried to make suggestions subtly. I'm going to try to be open and honest. Tough love, if you like.

Please go into your profile and look at your previous posts. Ask yourself, have you ever had focus? How many times have you tried to circumvent the program? And realistically, you have so very little to lose, how can you possibly expect a big loss?

This is the only tip I can give you. The program will not do this for you. You can lose weight/fat/inches if you do the program.

I hope you understand that I am offering this advice with the kindest of intentions. I hate to see you tying yourself in knots and getting nowhere.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #3  
Restarting IP 2/14/2014

S/C/G: 279/264/160

Height: 5'6

It's not worth it!!! I'm on day 6 now after restarting, I was off program for 6 months and I could've been done by now. That's so disappointing. Even if you take a break and start back again, you'll still have to deal with the same plateaus and challenges then, but you also run the risk of the program not working as well the second time around because ketosis isn't so new for your body. Stay strong, get your mind off of food for a while and do something you enjoy. You'll feel better tomorrow and be glad that another induction flu is not in your future!
TatiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:32 PM   #4  
sas
SAS

S/C/G: 200/200/137

Height: 5.4

Make sure that you choose a good week to start. No events for excuses to stop. I prefer a Monday because its a structured week and when you get to the weekend you have already invested 5 days. Plan the weekend before with your packets and snacks ready. Its hard to start thinking ideal again.
sas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'5"

I've been on phase 4 since September. I weight 131 and would like to go down to 125. I plan on starting phase 1 next week. I also would like tips on how to stay motivated.
Nads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:15 AM   #6  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Others have hinted at this, tried to make suggestions subtly. I'm going to try to be open and honest. Tough love, if you like.

Please go into your profile and look at your previous posts. Ask yourself, have you ever had focus? How many times have you tried to circumvent the program? And realistically, you have so very little to lose, how can you possibly expect a big loss?

This is the only tip I can give you. The program will not do this for you. You can lose weight/fat/inches if you do the program.

I hope you understand that I am offering this advice with the kindest of intentions. I hate to see you tying yourself in knots and getting nowhere.
I love direct honest people - I am not a game player either - the bottom line for all of us is we either want to get healthy, lose weight, and follow this plan or we choose not to. It is so important to know what being on this plan means to us individually. Everyone's motive is similar to a point, but one's true motivation is known only to themselves.

Linden - you are right about looking for that motivation and examining ourselves to find out what it was and if it has changed. I know that I have changed in this journey and probably will conti9nue to change the way I think about some things until the day I die. I plan on doing that, by the way, thin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatiN View Post
It's not worth it!!! I'm on day 6 now after restarting, I was off program for 6 months and I could've been done by now. That's so disappointing. Even if you take a break and start back again, you'll still have to deal with the same plateaus and challenges then, but you also run the risk of the program not working as well the second time around because ketosis isn't so new for your body. Stay strong, get your mind off of food for a while and do something you enjoy. You'll feel better tomorrow and be glad that another induction flu is not in your future!
If I could go back and change anything, I would change my decision about stopping this plan. I have had to lose some of the same weight over again and it makes me "mad". Being diabetic, simple carbohydrates are probably not something I need to be eating. That does not sound very good to me, someone that craves sugar, almost every day. It will take a few more months for that to go away being faithful to the protocol of this plan. Thanks for the reminder - what I got from your message - that this is my way of life and my body is not going to change the way it processes food if I eat those things. I have to stay on plan for myself and no one else. I bet you didn't know that you wrote all of that stuff did you. That is what I love about this forum - you never know who you will touch. Thank you for my inspiration for today.
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 247/185/150

Height: 5'3"

remind yourself frequently on the accomplishments you made the first time around. I think the hardest part is believing that you can do it. Well it worked the first time, so the scrafice is worth it. For me losing 15lbs in 3 weeks is amazing. That's my focus.
I only had a 4 day break. I'm enrolled in a PCOS Medical Study and I had a protocall of sugars to consume for 3 days prior to blood work and a 2hr glucose test. I did not gain any weight, but I lost a weeks worth of weight loss in the process. Getting back on was tough because it was HALLOWEEN and I have 2 kids with lots of candy. It took about 4 days to start losing weight again, but totally worth the headaches. Back on the plan and focused.
auntdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #8  

Default I remember why I started in the first place...

Well, I had quite the eye opener the other day when I came home from work. I bought my usual big, huge box of cat litter at a local grocery store before I got home and as I am carrying it out to the car I thought to myself wow this thing is heavy. I should have gotten a cart to take it out to the car. Then I arrive home and we live up three flights of stairs in which of course I had to carry this thing of cat litter up, fun fun. Well by the time I made it inside our apartment I was winded and my arm felt like it was going to come out of the socket. My boyfriend was standing in the kitchen and looked at me visually exhausted just from bringing this up stairs. As I am panting for a breath he looks at the box and said hey that thing is 28lbs, isn’t that how much you have lost so far on the Ideal Protein Program? Why yes in fact it was and I had just weighed in that morning. The point of my story is that I can not believe I was carrying that extra 28lbs around… on my body! I did not like how it felt and I never want to go back there! So if you ever need a little, motivation while you are on the program go to the grocery store and find something, anything be it cat littler, a bag of potatoes even dog food that is the same amount of pounds that you have so successfully lost and carry it around for even 5 minutes. I guarantee that you will not want to go back to feeling like that. Hope this inspires you.
Beingmyidealme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:16 PM   #9  
alimperru

S/C/G: 177.7/173.3/135

Height: 65 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatiN View Post

thanks for the advice
Alimperru is offline   Reply With Quote