3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 11/2/11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/246348-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-11-2-11-a.html)

wuv2bloved 11-02-2011 01:38 AM

IP Daily Chat Wednesday 11/2/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Linden 11-02-2011 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST (Post 4093023)
WUV
I am sorry I keep screwing up the loses by putting my added pounds on there... I will try and do better during the Christmas challenge.

Is there a Christmas (or December 31) challenge?

And 2Ride, "will try to do better"? Shoot, you're already a candidate for sainthood in my book. If you did any better you'd be. Oh well, that's blasphemous. :D:D

Endless Dieter 11-02-2011 05:44 AM

Good morning,

WI#3 yesterday -2. A little disappointed with low number -first two weeks were WI#1-12 and WI#2-6 but I quess there will be small numbers from now on. My coach said his clinic is not selling novi-lax anymore replacing with "Total Tea". Picked some up I think I will try. Box says detoxify,cleanse and renew. Has anyone else tried yet?

ajphoto 11-02-2011 05:55 AM

Tried the cookies!

I got to sample the new chocolate cookies @ my WI on Monday! They are quite good. One per serving, but it's a big one.

Not sure how easy it will be to have as a snack without a big tall glass of milk...

rainbowmom 11-02-2011 06:51 AM

new cookie question

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajphoto (Post 4093121)
I got to sample the new chocolate cookies @ my WI on Monday! They are quite good. One per serving, but it's a big one.

Not sure how easy it will be to have as a snack without a big tall glass of milk...

Do you have the nutritional content/ingredients for the cookies? It's not listed on the IP site. I'm doing alternatives and I'm wondering if there's a comparable option out there.

Junetwin11 11-02-2011 07:45 AM

I was wondering if there is a Christmas challenge as well. The clinic where I go is gonna donate to the food bank for every pound lost during Nov & Dec. Cool idea :)

misswinter 11-02-2011 07:46 AM

Endless: Your numbers will get bigger again and 2 pounds isnt' anything to be disappointed about! 20 pounds in 3 weeks is huge!! Keep up the great work.

I finally got rid of the TOM bloat so I'm happy about that. Tomorrow evening is my WI and it will likely be the smallest loss I've had to date, but it is still a loss! Seeing that scale go down each time is such a great feeling. This was a tough week, no doubt, but I feel re-motivated and pumped up once again.

Have a great OP day everyone!

boyz4us 11-02-2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Dieter (Post 4093116)
Good morning,

WI#3 yesterday -2. A little disappointed with low number -first two weeks were WI#1-12 and WI#2-6 but I quess there will be small numbers from now on. My coach said his clinic is not selling novi-lax anymore replacing with "Total Tea". Picked some up I think I will try. Box says detoxify,cleanse and renew. Has anyone else tried yet?

I hope my clinic isn't getting rid of Novi-lax. It is a great product for me personally. I am going to look in a natural food store though to see if I can find the same ingredients at a lower price.

boyz4us 11-02-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junetwin11 (Post 4093194)
I was wondering if there is a Christmas challenge as well. The clinic where I go is gonna donate to the food bank for every pound lost during Nov & Dec. Cool idea :)

That is a nice idea! I hope there is another challenge for Christmas. I joined the Halloween one late but thought it was fun to watch the numbers change in the spreadsheet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by misswinter (Post 4093196)
Endless: Your numbers will get bigger again and 2 pounds isnt' anything to be disappointed about! 20 pounds in 3 weeks is huge!! Keep up the great work.

I finally got rid of the TOM bloat so I'm happy about that. Tomorrow evening is my WI and it will likely be the smallest loss I've had to date, but it is still a loss! Seeing that scale go down each time is such a great feeling. This was a tough week, no doubt, but I feel re-motivated and pumped up once again.

You and me both-last week was TOM and I was in a funk. Feeling pumped again and re-motivated! Let's do this thing!

Endless Dieter 11-02-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misswinter (Post 4093196)

Thanks for words of encouragement from a fellow hoosier:hug::hug:

boyz4us 11-02-2011 07:55 AM

Good Morning everyone!

Today will be a little tough but hopefully I planned ahead well enough to cover it. Going on a fieldtrip with school today and will be on a bus (no bathrooms) for about an hour or so each way. We had to bring a sack lunch. I usually have soup and salad for lunch. Packed my large salad and oil and vinegar. Also packed some raw veggies for a snack. Also for lunch-made up the raspberry jello as I thought that would be easy on the bus to eat. Tucking in a bar "just in case" I need it before we get home. I am mostly concerned about getting to a bathroom and being able to drink very much water. I will just have to do the best I can and then tank up this afternoon and tonight to make sure I get my daily allotment in-I usually hit about 100 oz.

Maile 11-02-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boyz4us (Post 4093207)
Good Morning everyone!

Today will be a little tough but hopefully I planned ahead well enough to cover it. Going on a fieldtrip with school today and will be on a bus (no bathrooms) for about an hour or so each way. We had to bring a sack lunch. I usually have soup and salad for lunch. Packed my large salad and oil and vinegar. Also packed some raw veggies for a snack. Also for lunch-made up the raspberry jello as I thought that would be easy on the bus to eat. Tucking in a bar "just in case" I need it before we get home. I am mostly concerned about getting to a bathroom and being able to drink very much water. I will just have to do the best I can and then tank up this afternoon and tonight to make sure I get my daily allotment in-I usually hit about 100 oz.

You know that is something I face also. I drink so much water throughout the day that you need a bathroom. Now I find that when I go to see movies or plays I need to plan and drink less water ahead of time. Just make up your water later and you will be fine. Have fun on your field trip. It sounds like you are packed and ready to go!

Sorry I can't help you with the ticker..Someone here will!

boyz4us 11-02-2011 08:04 AM

confused-went to edit my signature and delete my Halloween goal ticker. I did that and then want to make a Thanks-giving ticker from my ticker factory. Clicked on "start here" and I keep getting a invalid link message?? anyone have a suggestion? Should I go straight to ticker factory.com and not try to go through 3FC?

Maile 11-02-2011 08:06 AM

Good morning everyone. I see my coach today. I have not heard about these cookies and wonder if we have them.
Made it through Halloween with no candy. This is the first time in years that I have done that.
Have a great day on the program.

rosemary2612 11-02-2011 08:08 AM

It is suppose to be a beautiful day here. I have a window in my office that opens. I can't wait. I am eating salad for lunch and chicken and mashed cauliflower for dinner. It seems like a doable day.

boyz4us 11-02-2011 08:11 AM

I made it through ticker factor and just copied and pasted. Hopefully it will work!

allie123 11-02-2011 08:40 AM

goodmorning all!

well, my first weigh in was cancelled last night as many of do not have power from a strom that hit the east coast over the weekend. BUT, i weighed myself here this morning (i made sure the scales were synched from my first weigh in AND i lost 8 pounds!!!!

i am so excited and even more motivated! isn't that great WUV?

ladyrayado 11-02-2011 08:48 AM

Good morning all! We have about six inches of snow on the ground, and it doesn't look like I'll be getting to work any time soon. I'm not at all prepared for this winter, I'm used to maybe a foot a snow a year... not a foot before Thanksgiving. :-)

My brother gave me his old scale yesterday - it is an Ironman scale designed for triathletes and such. Along with weight, it tells BMI and fat, water, muscle, and bone weights. Since I stopped visiting a clinic, it will be nice to get those numbers again, especially see if the weight I'm losing is actually fat. However, the thing also terrifies me. I'm not sure I want to know how much fat my body holds, lol. I'm waiting to use it until my WI Monday morning. We'll see if I throw it out the window immediately after.

alexandallismom 11-02-2011 09:29 AM

Good morning all! I have WI today, the first one since back from vacation with hubby. I know I gained a little, I was off track for 4 days, when I got home my scale showed a 9lb gain! I've been working like crazy to get it off, I'll say the taste on the lips is so not worth it! I'm 1 lbs above where I was before I left. This is riddiculous, I could have been to 30lbs gone by now, instead I'm stuck here at the same place but I am so focused to not get off track again. I survived Halloween, didn't even touch it all the while the candy was taunting me. My Will Power is stonger than that.

Thank you all for your support, I love reading all the posts, everyone is so motivational. I'll chack back in later with my offical gain :(

Have a great day everyone ;)

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 11-02-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 4093105)
Is there a Christmas (or December 31) challenge?

And 2Ride, "will try to do better"? Shoot, you're already a candidate for sainthood in my book. If you did any better you'd be. Oh well, that's blasphemous. :D:D

WUV mentioned she was going to as pxlkitty if she would mind making one for us, so I am sure one is on its way...
and
Thank you.

sandyh50 11-02-2011 09:46 AM

Good morning, lost 2 more pounds and 1.75 inches. I am definitely on phase 2 now! Good luck to all those who weigh in today!

ItsAboutTime 11-02-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandyh50 (Post 4093361)
Good morning, lost 2 more pounds and 1.75 inches. I am definitely on phase 2 now! Good luck to all those who weigh in today!

I forgot to mention in the other thread, good luck with phase 2. I'm hoping it works out well for both of us! :hug:

alexandallismom 11-02-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime (Post 4093369)
I forgot to mention in the other thread, good luck with phase 2. I'm hoping it works out well for both of us! :hug:

Way to go Itsaboutime! Congrats on all your successes. I love your new photo, you look fabulous! :carrot:

Joyflower 11-02-2011 09:57 AM

Good Morning all!!! Been very crazy for me lately, especially at work. We had a flood in my office almost 2 months ago, and STILL displaced in a temporary office!!!

Made it through Halloween.....candy wasnt even tempting all around me!! I was pretty impressed with myself! We even had a party on Monday, and did very good, none of the crap available! Just ate my veggies and drink and happily watched everyone gorge on the crap and feel crappy after!!! LOL

I'm thinking of taking a break for a few weeks over the holidays, mostly because of financial. I am so close to my original goal of 180, and changed it to a little more, but I think I need a "jump start" as my coach says. So I'll probably start phasing off for a few weeks soon!

I also did a clean sweep of my closet this weekend and got rid of TONS of old clothes! My closet is now pretty empty! I did buy a size 12 dress yesterday at JCPenneys!!!!!!!!! That felt awesome!!

MustangMolly 11-02-2011 09:58 AM

So, I have been on IP for just 8 full days and have already had an NSV!!! I put on a pair of jeans this morning that are usually a bit snug but loosen up through the day and they were already that loose comfy fit ....right out of the dryer! Talk about positive reinforcement and motivation!!!!!

shelly ann 11-02-2011 10:12 AM

Good Morning!! Another cold morning in the PNW. Waiting for the sun to come up here. Getting ready to WI. Yes, Mustang, having the clothing fit is inspirational. I had been procrastinating getting a couple of pair of pants hemmed that had been in my closet since this summer. When I put them on last week - they fell off!!! That was inspirational. Wish we were all closer to do clothing-exchanges during our different sizes as we lose.

Mickeymom 11-02-2011 10:24 AM

I am loving the NSV. I am on week 3 and already my work pants have a little more room in them. :) It is motivating.
Keep it up everyone.

MustangMolly 11-02-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly ann (Post 4093407)
Good Morning!! Another cold morning in the PNW. Waiting for the sun to come up here. Getting ready to WI. Yes, Mustang, having the clothing fit is inspirational. I had been procrastinating getting a couple of pair of pants hemmed that had been in my closet since this summer. When I put them on last week - they fell off!!! That was inspirational. Wish we were all closer to do clothing-exchanges during our different sizes as we lose.

Wouldn't that be great if we could have a clothing exchange! Congrats on your pants "falling off". :dizzy: I can honestly say that is a statement I never thought I would make to someone.

Melfuchsia 11-02-2011 10:58 AM

I am new to the forum, but loving the idea of NSV. I'm wearing a cardingan today that I could not even button a few months ago! Yeah!

alexandallismom 11-02-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melfuchsia (Post 4093458)
I am new to the forum, but loving the idea of NSV. I'm wearing a cardingan today that I could not even button a few months ago! Yeah!

Sure does feel good eh?! Congrats! You will read alot about NSV and SV!
Welcome to Ideal Protein :welcome:

doingitforchell 11-02-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4093381)
So, I have been on IP for just 8 full days and have already had an NSV!!! I put on a pair of jeans this morning that are usually a bit snug but loosen up through the day and they were already that lose comfy fit ....right out of the dryer! Talk about positive reinforcement and motivation!!!!!

Congrats !!!! Im so happy for you!!!!:carrot:

JellyMae87 11-02-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly ann (Post 4093407)

It sure was pretty Chilly this morning... I even had frost on the car!!

doingitforchell 11-02-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickeymom (Post 4093424)
I am loving the NSV. I am on week 3 and already my work pants have a little more room in them. :) It is motivating.
Keep it up everyone.

I know the feeling. Im a nurse and have always worn a 3x top&pant. Now going in to my week4 OP my 2x top&pant that i JUST bought are toooo big!!!! :carrot: It is very motivating!!! :congrat:

doingitforchell 11-02-2011 11:24 AM

Hello all,

I was getting ready to go to lunch and wanted to see how everyone was doing. Sounds like everyone is doing great. Good luck to eveyone who WI today . Those of you with snow all around try to stay warm!

doingitforchell 11-02-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexandallismom (Post 4093335)
Good morning all! I have WI today, the first one since back from vacation with hubby. I know I gained a little, I was off track for 4 days, when I got home my scale showed a 9lb gain! I've been working like crazy to get it off, I'll say the taste on the lips is so not worth it! I'm 1 lbs above where I was before I left. This is riddiculous, I could have been to 30lbs gone by now, instead I'm stuck here at the same place but I am so focused to not get off track again. I survived Halloween, didn't even touch it all the while the candy was taunting me. My Will Power is stonger than that.

Thank you all for your support, I love reading all the posts, everyone is so motivational. I'll chack back in later with my offical gain :(

Have a great day everyone ;)

You are going to be fine! Now your back, your focused, and you can do this! i wish you luck!:spin:

hockeymom22 11-02-2011 11:28 AM

It looks like another fantastic day for everyone I love it! I am on the fourth week and already got rid of tones of clothes. I never want to fit into them again so they are GONE!!!!

Have a great day everyone and keep up the good work.

Linden 11-02-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST (Post 4093356)
WUV mentioned she was going to as pxlkitty if she would mind making one for us, so I am sure one is on its way...
and
Thank you.

Do you think we might ask for one that goes to 2nd January? I could make a case for either ending on the 26th of DECEMBER (boy, that would be the test) or ending on the 2nd of January. But I'm leaning toward the 2nd (assuming this one starts again on a Monday) for the simple reason that many, many people won't be home on the 26th having gone to visit relatives and not taken their scale (I hope). It also gives those who, er, hum, may have indulged over Christmas a fighting chance at success. Whatcha think?

foxnhound1 11-02-2011 12:09 PM

Congratulations everyone on your continued losses. :) I went through my closet this weekend, too, and donated 3 bags of clothes.

I'm having an icky week. Scale doesn't want to move - but I feel like things are fitting better - so maybe I will get inches this week. I'm not feeling very motivated this week and staying OP is a chore.

WI is tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to this one. I think I'll go up to Wuv's beginning post and look for Dr. Tran's book. Maybe some reasoning will help this funk.

Good luck to everyone today.

DanafromAustin 11-02-2011 12:09 PM

Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday. Crazy busy here, but I did go for my WI today and I lost 5 pounds. So excited! I was a little nervous because the doctor's office got this new high tech looking scale, but the coach assured me that this new scale was equivalent to the old scale. Off to read everyone's post for today.

Happy Wednesday! :carrot:

AshGFonIP 11-02-2011 12:15 PM

Good Morning All, Day to OP and I feel good, I have a bit of a stomach ache but I think I just need to drink more water. yesterday I did well except I was soo hungry when I got off work I grabbed some beef jerky and I am feeling pretty guilty about it. I will do much better today and stay OP.

Question: What does NSV and SV stand for?