IP Daily Chat Tuesday 11/1/11

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: Spending tonight cooking for a friend who died's family. He was just 41-years-old and the picture of health. He had an undiagnosed enlarged heart.
    Sad.
    Wow, that is so sad and hard to deal with especially when the kids are so young. My heart goes out to you
  • Quote: Morning wuv. You are always so on the ball with starting the daily chat. Just wanted to say thanks for that...and all your good advice. Hope you have a great day!
    Thanks, I start the thread at night before I go to bed like that the early birds have a chat opened for them. And you are welcome, I am happy to give out advice and support along the way

Quote: hello all,

wow, i see many of us made it through halloween. i have not bought candy for halloween in years but my office had a lot and i stayed away.

i was to have my first weigh in tonight but my center still does not have power from our storm on saturday. crazy thing is that this yoga place is a few blocks from me and my power is back on. the whole town has been out except for a few blocks and i am one of them. go figure. i was out of power for 5 days during the hurricane so i guess i am getting a break this time. sooooo, it will be a few more days. that's ok, more time to lose.

WUV - can you believe this? hahhah
    Weather makes us have to go through so much crazy stuff but I guess it keeps life interesting that is for sure!! Hopefully everyone will get power again soon!

Quote: Well just got back from my WI today I am happy to report that I am down another 5.2 this week!! YABBA DABBA DOOOOO!!!!

So now I am off to see my brother and sister in law to keep my mind busy, since I have alotta craziness going on right now!! I will check in later tonight after derby practice!!
    WOOHOO!!!!!!!......Jelly is OVER her HALFWAY mark!!!....doing the happy dance with ya there!!!

It has been a crazy day here for me, as you can tell because here it is 9:15 and I am JUST getting on the boards now. Worked out today not at home, been gone since 11:30 this morning. Got a lot done though so that is good! I see we have some great WI's today which is awesome, keep up the great jobs everyone.

I don't know if anyone looked at the spreadsheet yet this week but last week we BLEW the week before's total weight out of the water and passed up another week as well. I will have to ask Pxlkitty to make us a Christmas one for next week. I hope everyone had a great night
  • I like browning pork chops and then letting them simmer in bouillon & spices for an hour or so and they become really tender. I haven't done that since I started IP and at Thanksgiving I didn't make gravy as both oxo and Knorr have sugar in the ingredients.

My husband picked up "Better than Bouillon" from Costco tonight but it lists Organic Cane Juice Solids (4th ingredient) & Potato flour (11th ingredient)

Has anybody used this? Can we?
    If not, what do people use to make broth/gravy???
  • Quote: Hi Chicks You All R doing Fabulous with Your weight losses...What IS the names of the IP that you all enjoy using. When I look at them in the store I get confused on knowing what is hype & what to buy. Please reply Chicks Thanks, Dee
    Dee we are all talking about Ideal Protein Diet, if you look at the very beginning of this thread there are stickys that tell you all about this program. You cannot by IP products in a store. You have to go to an Ideal Protein clinic to get them. If you are interested read the stickys first and do some research about the program. It is an easy diet to follow, just REAL strict as you are not suppose to cheat at all. Read the book by Dr Tran, this is also in the stickys and can be downloaded to read, it gives you the science behind the diet. Now when the time comes and you are serious you can google ideal protein clinics near you and you can phone one of them and set up an appointment. The start up is approxiamately $300.00 (depending on the clinic) usually with this fee you get a starter packet, which in my case consisted of 9 days of packets, supplements, shaker, journal and salt. If there isn't a clinic where you live and you live in the states you can do Ideal to go online to order product. There is also a thread about alternatives you can use if you don't want to use Ideal protein but want to follow the protocol. Hope this answers some of your questions, a lot of questions are answered if you read the stickys at the beginning.
  • Quote: I don't know if anyone looked at the spreadsheet yet this week but last week we BLEW the week before's total weight out of the water and passed up another week as well. I will have to ask Pxlkitty to make us a Christmas one for next week. I hope everyone had a great night
    WUV
    I am sorry I keep screwing up the loses by putting my added pounds on there... I will try and do better during the Christmas challenge.
  • Quote: WUV
    I am sorry I keep screwing up the loses by putting my added pounds on there... I will try and do better during the Christmas challenge.
    Gains are all part of the process so its ok, we won't hold it against ya...haha
  • Quote: I've been "off program" for 4 vacations since January. My advice is to try to avoid the carbs and go ahead on the few rums. You don't need to go crazy, I'm sure they'll have some healthy options to enjoy! My recent trip to Scotland was on a bus tour with most meals included, and believe me, they are not big veggie/salad eaters over there. I did indulge in a fair amount of wine and came home 9 pounds heavier. Wouldn't have missed any of it for the world. I did skip the bread and potatoes most of the time, but relished all the local foods. My first week back, I've dropped 4 of the 9, and looking forward to dropping the rest over the next couple of weeks.

Bottom line is that I enjoyed myself, having made the decision to do it without guilt. You simply must decide ahead to get right back on track when you get home. My first holiday was 5 weeks into IP, gained 5 pounds, but I was down 16 already - 16 I wouldn't have been had I put off the program. That 5 disappeared in the week I got home. It's tough to get back on, but you're doing this for you, right????
    Thanks Sherwood, that has helped me with my decision. I will pack Mio to keep up with the water drinking and just make the best choices I can when it comes to food. I don't know when or if our family will have the opportunity to spend Christmas in Jamaica again so I will enjoy it in moderation and jump right back into 100% OP upon my return.