3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Does Anyone Kknows Where I Can Find The Miracle Noodles? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/245930-does-anyone-kknows-where-i-can-find-miracle-noodles.html)

biggirl86 10-26-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4086070)
These are the kinda noodles my coach said were ok for ME. They are in the refrigerator section of the produce

Hello, those are similar, if not the same to the ones I was going to order from my local whole food store, the brand they carry is house., but they still have some calories and some carbs, I rather have the ones that are 0, but I might give them a try, they have them at $2.20 each pack, but I was going to order the box that comes with 12 for $24.00 no tax, which is a good deal. Thank you.

biggirl86 10-26-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebWoman (Post 4086072)
You can actually buy capsules of the same root that is used to make the noodles; It's called Glucommanan (sp?). Kind of like Metamucil caps, but not from a wheat source so it doesn't bloat you like Metamucil. It makes you feel very full as they can absorb 50 times their weight in water, which is amazing.

Thanx for the information.

SVermonter 10-26-2011 06:40 PM

My IP coach just went to an IP conference in Boston A few weeks ago and IP told their IP centers how to order the miracle noodles so your IP coach might offer them soon. I buy mine at amazon.

biggirl86 10-26-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVermonter (Post 4086150)
My IP coach just went to an IP conference in Boston A few weeks ago and IP told their IP centers how to order the miracle noodles so your IP coach might offer them soon. I buy mine at amazon.

Thank you, my coach told me they were in Boston a few weeks ago also, but didn't mention anything about the noodles, I am do for WI in 2 days so I'm going to ask her.

foreveryoung 10-27-2011 02:05 AM

I got a box at amazon.com - but after trying the first package I throw them out - they tasted like plastic and It was like I was chewing rubber bands.. ugh, never again - I just stick to the program and try to walk to burn some calories.

crimsons 10-27-2011 02:32 AM

There is one type that's made of kelp. I saw a cooking demonstration at Whole Foods last week with 'em. They are made by a company called Sea Tangle, look kind of like clear rice noodles, and are 6 calories for a 4-oz serving. You have to soak them for 10 minutes or more first, but no cooking.

Slow Weave 11-20-2011 05:52 PM

I have tried both the mail order Miracle Noodles with zero everything and also the less expensive similar Tofu type found in some grocery stores with pretty low amounts of carbs, etc. Personally I prefer the Miracle Noodles which take on the taste of whatever you are cooking and are wonderful in soups. The type I found in the store may have been cheaper but I felt it had a bit of its own taste after a few bites, and I did NOT like it at all. Can't quite describe it but it left a bad taste in my mouth whereas I never had it from the Miracle Noodles. Maybe it is just me ....... but I'll go back to getting it from mail order.

auntdee 11-20-2011 06:25 PM

I love the noodles... you must rinse them then heat and serve. But they are not a pasta noodle texture... more like a rice noodle, Thai and Chinese sauces work well. The noodle is made for the root of a yam. I could only find Thin Spagetti shape at Whole food but you can order them on-line with more options.