Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Hi, everyone!! I wasn't on here at all this weekend...very busy so no time for computers!
I had my second WI last Thursday and I was down another 3lbs for a total of 10 in two weeks...
Feeling bloated today, but I think it's because I ate some grilled chicken last night and it was a little too salty. Downing the waters today!!
I am going to start back at my kickboxing class tonight after being gone for about 4 months so I'm sure I will be hurting tomorrow. I have to get back into it for the floor exercises if nothing else! I've been a bum for long enough...LOL!
Good luck to everyone with your WI's this week!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

YES, I was at the doctors first thing this morning. I called and told the nurse how miserable I was all weekend and this morning, basically couldn't even pee. She said come right on in. I got enough urine for them to test and the doctor said it was a very nasty UTI, maybe into the kidneys because of the amount of blood in the urine. I am home wrapped up in a blanket, drinking lots of water and took my "horsepill" antibiotic. Oh man, I am a hurtin'.

Congrats to everyones WI's, they seem really good, so I am hoping for a good one later this week. I am starting phase II tomorrow. I think my insides want some yogurt and fruit that we get in phase III/IV.

Sandy & Itsaboutime, you are both rockin' the program and I can't wait to be in the 150's, it will take awhile. Hope everyone has a good day. bella
Old 10-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning all! I drank lots of water and hot tea yesterday and had fish for dinner. Guess what, the scale was down 2 pounds! Now if I can keep this up until my weigh in I will be ecstatic. It is so nice to see the 150's every day now.

Have a great day!
Good job! Just stay away from those bars and get it done!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #49  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Good job! Just stay away from those bars and get it done!
That sounds funny. Girl stay away from the bars!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

So, I just picked up my first packets and am a bit confused. My coach said there is nothing that is restricted yet I read what all of you say about the bars. What else is/was considered restricted? I don't feel that I got much help to get started, I was weighed and measured told to pick my products, I had to ask how many...sold my vitamins and sent on my way. If it wasn't for all the information I have received on this site I wouldn't know anything about the plan. I know I should have spoken up but I was so gobsmacked by the bums rush I received I just left. If I hadn't downloaded the phase information from here I would have had to say somthing or I would have left there thinking all I get to eat is my 3 packets a day.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #51  
Started IP Oct 11, 2011

S/C/G: 260/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Good afternoon all!! Doing a unrestricted week this week and avoiding the bars, zippers and bbq ridges to help push the rest of the stored sugar out of my cells!! Down almost 15lbs in 2 weeks! I'll take that! Looking forward to my next weigh in.... never thought I would say that I was looking forward to being weighed!!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #52  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Great job everyone on the WI's.
I had a good first weekend on the plan. We went to Baltimore for the day and that was challenging but stayed OP. I knew it would be hard to order in restaurants. The salad was premixed so it had carrots slivers in it. Hubby and i did our best to remove them. Use our WF dressing. Then ordered steamed seafood (approved ones) which turned out well.
Kids and grandmas got ice cream later in the day as hubby and i drank our ready made shakes. That was fine too.
The hardest part was the kids wanted pizza so we got them a couple pieces to take on the ride home. I smelled pizza for over an hour and it was torture..not to mention passing all the pubs selling beer.
But i am proud that we both stayed OP. This is hard but worth it.
Thanks for all the support and ideas. It really helps me alot.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #53  
Started IP Oct 11, 2011

S/C/G: 260/Ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
So, I just picked up my first packets and am a bit confused. My coach said there is nothing that is restricted yet I read what all of you say about the bars. What else is/was considered restricted? I don't feel that I got much help to get started, I was weighed and measured told to pick my products, I had to ask how many...sold my vitamins and sent on my way. If it wasn't for all the information I have received on this site I wouldn't know anything about the plan. I know I should have spoken up but I was so gobsmacked by the bums rush I received I just left. If I hadn't downloaded the phase information from here I would have had to say somthing or I would have left there thinking all I get to eat is my 3 packets a day.
Molly, I'm new too but what I know is that any bars, dill pickle zippers, bbq ridges are restricted to only one of those a day due to the higher carb content. Definitely check out the sticky posts at the top of the IP forum to help answer more questions. Sorry that you didn't get the support that you needed. Go next week and if you still feel the same maybe change diet coaches? Good luck!
Old 10-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
That sounds funny. Girl stay away from the bars!
lol. Yes Sandy, you must stay away from those bars! what were you doing? Dancing on the tables? lol.

I too, am staying away from the bars this week. Trying to eat very close to unrestricted this week. Although I had a restricted today. hmmmm.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #55  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Quote:

Sorry you had a first experience at the clinic like that. Stick with it. Don't let that discourage you. Hopefully your next visit will go better.
This site gives great advice so search around and you will be just fine. And the support is great.
As for restricted - mostly the snacky foods (dill zippers, southwest crunchies, bars, then others like oatmeal, pancakes mixes, chili and spaghetti) Not a complete list but a start.

You will do well. Best of luck to you. I am on W2 and I really like it and am feeling good.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #56  
started IP 10/10/2011

S/C/G: 356/337 or see ticker/190-200

Height: 5'11

Hello all

I just wanted to say how much of a help all of you have been for me while doing IP. I went out with a few friend this weekend was able to eat out with out blowing my program one bit. Thanks for all the tips that were given. Oh and went to my WI on friday and down for more pounds and 6 inches on my hips and 2 on my chest.

one more time thanks to eveyone for all the help.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Didn't get to post anymore over the weekend. Thanks for all the congratulatory comments and I'm very glad many of you were able to see some inspiration in my words. I am so ready to complete my journey and (hate to say it) I'm very jealous of those of you beginning Phase 3. While I have learned that for me, setting a specific date to reach a goal is extremely detrimental to my mindset, I am so hoping to be in Phase 2...if not Phase 3 by Thanksgiving.

A little vent......I am so tired of people saying "How much MORE do you want to lose?" Other than my coach, my 3FC family and my son, I have told no one of the actual pounds I have lost. I only give them my percentage of goal....my body, my business. Those words are on the tip of my tongue, but I now just say "I'm almost there"....but I still get the looks of disbelief. I attribute the shape of my body to consistent exercise...I must be hiding my tummy and thighs pretty darn good!
I am feeling just like you. I think I might be phase 3 by thanksgiving, and finished by Christmas, but I never know if I will want to keep going. And it's just getting more challenging the more there are social situations.
And although it is sooooo nice getting all the compliments all of a sudden, I get so fustrated because I have this belly that I hide well in clothes but it seems like the only thing that stays LARGE!!! I think I will take your lead and just say, I am almost done (even though we all know this is a lifestyle).

Hang in there! You look Awesome!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Happy Monday Everyone!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! My weekend was filled with some uneventful events. Other than I went and watched some derby!! Stayed OP all weekend... WI is tomorrow!

LOVING THE HAIR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
SO! I thought I would share this. Last week was definitely a difficult week for me, DEFINATELY "cloudy with chance of *****." I recognized that it was probably estrogen releasing from my body. Friday night going to the pub that night while everyone ate what looked like yummy food I got to have mint herbal tea didn't make me feel any better (I wanted this food even though I knew it didn't taste as good as it smelled and would have made me bloated and probably given me diarrhea!) LOL

What makes it worse for me is that I could tell it was hormonal but I just couldn't snap out of the grumpiness (nothing made me happy and I'm usually a happy person). So bad in fact that Friday I had an internal conversation "ok, so what will make you happy, will going shopping make you happy? will watching a movie make you happy, you could probably get a new pair of jeans, I give myself permission to get new clothes". None of these items were attractive to me, to snap me out of my mood. So I decided to just take the afternoon off and get out of everyone's hair. I ended up reading my book and having a nap in my bedroom (much like a child on time out LOL). Seriously, I was bad enough that I appologized to most of the people around me, specifically the ones that I love.

So the point to my story, if any of you haven't read the BECK DIET SOLUTION you should. But you can also 'like' them on facebook. Monday thru Friday they have daily thoughts posted on their facebook page. Today: Monday Motivation: All dieters and maintainers go through periods when dieting feels more difficult. The good news: this is completely normal and happens to EVERYONE. Keep doing what you’re doing and dieting WILL get easier again.

It was EXACTLY what I needed to hear (even though I know it already), it was good timing. Even though I'm feeling better emotionally, last week was definitely one of the toughest weeks for me emotionally (so far).

Hope everyone has a great week!
Thank you so much for this! I needed this and will check out Beck. When I am out, especially on weekends and try to surround myself with normal outings, I notice I am not as "fun" it's like I haven't trained myself or completely let myself have fun with out drinking or eating what everyone else is having. Sometimes people can even tell I'm kind of down. I am quieter, more standoff- ish. They ask if I am okay. I'd rather be a hermit sometimes than watch them drink beer and eat tapas and share them while I eat salmon on a bed of spinach. Some times are easier than others, but it's still a work in process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
YES, I was at the doctors first thing this morning. I called and told the nurse how miserable I was all weekend and this morning, basically couldn't even pee. She said come right on in. I got enough urine for them to test and the doctor said it was a very nasty UTI, maybe into the kidneys because of the amount of blood in the urine. I am home wrapped up in a blanket, drinking lots of water and took my "horsepill" antibiotic. Oh man, I am a hurtin'.

Congrats to everyones WI's, they seem really good, so I am hoping for a good one later this week. I am starting phase II tomorrow. I think my insides want some yogurt and fruit that we get in phase III/IV.

Sandy & Itsaboutime, you are both rockin' the program and I can't wait to be in the 150's, it will take awhile. Hope everyone has a good day. bella
Old 10-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayraAle View Post
Good Morning,
My name is Mayra and I am new to this support group. I originally started at 223lbs, and am at 170 at the moment. I got all the way down to 177 on excercise and healthy food choses alone but plateued there. I did ideal protein this summer and got down to 154!!!! Unfortunately in the past month i've made so VERY poor diet and excercise choses and have gained 16lbs but as of today, i am back on phase 1 and this time, i hope to get down to 145lbs
I did the diet in 2009 and didn't let myself phase out properly. I am glad you are back and wanted you to know you are not alone here.
I personally have lost over 30 pounds since the middle of July. And I have never felt better. For me, I honestly feel like I needed to gain weight back in order to really understand the program, it's benefits and how good it is for me and take a deeper look into myself.
The first time around I was miserable, tired all the time. This time I am extremely disciplined, energetic and happy. Don't get me wrong, I have my days like everyone else, when I want to eat an extra bar, or want to give up and eat pizza with everyone. But it passes. the key is don't let yourself get hungry. always be prepared. and let me add, THIS WEBSITE IS A HUUUUUUUGE SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be a lifetime member and hear to help IP'ers forever.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #59  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
You paid to get information, start today writing down a list of questions you want to ask at your next WI. If she did not explain anything to you nor gave you your phase sheets how are you suppose to know about the program? Did she explain to you how the plan works at all? if not ask these question next week when you WI. In the meantime if you have any questions just ask, one of us will help you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeymom View Post
Great job everyone on the WI's.
I had a good first weekend on the plan. We went to Baltimore for the day and that was challenging but stayed OP. I knew it would be hard to order in restaurants. The salad was premixed so it had carrots slivers in it. Hubby and i did our best to remove them. Use our WF dressing. Then ordered steamed seafood (approved ones) which turned out well.
Kids and grandmas got ice cream later in the day as hubby and i drank our ready made shakes. That was fine too.
The hardest part was the kids wanted pizza so we got them a couple pieces to take on the ride home. I smelled pizza for over an hour and it was torture..not to mention passing all the pubs selling beer.
But i am proud that we both stayed OP. This is hard but worth it.
Thanks for all the support and ideas. It really helps me alot.
Great choice on the seafood and the rtd shakes in place of ice cream. Sounds like you and your hubby are a great team together and will get through this journey just fine. Hugs to the both of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingitforchell View Post
Hello all

I just wanted to say how much of a help all of you have been for me while doing IP. I went out with a few friend this weekend was able to eat out with out blowing my program one bit. Thanks for all the tips that were given. Oh and went to my WI on friday and down for more pounds and 6 inches on my hips and 2 on my chest.

one more time thanks to eveyone for all the help.
Great job on the WI that is awesome. This was a first outing for you OP and you stuck with it .....very proud as you should be of yourself. Remember when you are out and about with friends its all about the company not the food and drinks

Just got back from getting my nails done. She had a new PURPLE so yup I have purple nails.....LOVE this color, I am ready for Halloween...haha
Old 10-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #60  
started IP 10/10/2011

S/C/G: 356/337 or see ticker/190-200

Height: 5'11

Talking

Great job on the WI that is awesome. This was a first outing for you OP and you stuck with it .....very proud as you should be of yourself. Remember when you are out and about with friends its all about the company not the food and drinks

Just got back from getting my nails done. She had a new PURPLE so yup I have purple nails.....LOVE this color, I am ready for Halloween...haha[/QUOTE]

Wuv , thank so much. Purple nails sounds very pretty. I will admit it was a challange at first when we sat down to eat but my husband and I looked at each other and said no at the same time. lol . He's doing so well. He started out at 350 on 10/10/2011 and he's now at 329.8 as of this morning. He still cant believe it and neither can our friends that saw us this weekend.
Closed Thread