3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   The Maintainers, vol 2. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/245641-maintainers-vol-2-a.html)

Pxlkitty4 10-21-2011 10:18 PM

The Maintainers, vol 2.

This is the continuation of the Maintainers thread...

wildflower613 10-21-2011 10:30 PM

:cp: Yayyy!

P.S. I'm really nervous about free day no. 1 tomorrow. Are you sure this is ok, I'm feeling guilty and I haven't even done it yet. Kind of freaking out possibly however really looking forward to it at the same time. I already have planned my Strict Phase 1 day to a T for Sunday.

:m::jeno::cookie::burger:

Determinedat47 10-22-2011 12:15 AM

Thank you pxlykitty for starting new thread.
Wildflower I know what yup mean, but it will be ok because you have a plan to follow up after the free day. That is what this style of eating is all about- planning.enjoy!

woolberger 10-22-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 (Post 4080517)
This is the continuation of the Maintainers thread...

Thanks Pxlkitty for doing this. You are an excellent computer nerd (and I mean that in the most complimentary way!).

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildflower613 (Post 4080524)

P.S. I'm really nervous about free day no. 1 tomorrow. Are you sure this is ok, I'm feeling guilty and I haven't even done it yet. Kind of freaking out possibly however really looking forward to it at the same time. I already have planned my Strict Phase 1 day to a T for Sunday.

You will do great. This "free" day is mandatory so you shouldn't feel guilty. Just hop back on on Sunday and you will be fine. This is just how it is supposed to work. Have a great date night.

Maile 10-22-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Wildflower..I know you can do it. Just tell yourself you are learning and training your body. This is just a new thing to learn. Plus you have your Phase 1 already to go as soon as you are done.
I really hope you enjoy your day..scary as it might be!

I just read that you are celebrating your 11th Anniversary. Are you going out to a special restaurant! That sounds like a perfect day for you to enjoy.

Maile 10-22-2011 08:08 AM

PixlKitty..Thanks so much for setting this up and getting the other one archived. I really want to keep the other one as my information source!!!

Pauley: Hopefully someone else here can answer your question on the pizza. But it seems to me that if you calculate the carbs, fats and calories..you shuld be able to eat one. I have been eating that pizza with the soft cauliflower crust, pepperoni, one egg, veges, and have not had a problem on Phase 2. I am really enjoying exercise also!

Today I am seriously going over Phase 3 breakfasts. I need to have very quick ones as my breakfast time is short before work.

Pxlkitty4 10-22-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

I have a free day today too. It is my second one, and I'm not going to go as crazy as I did the first time... I weighed mysefl this morning and I'm 145.5, so within a pound of goal. If I ever weigh in at 147.5 or higher, I don't get the cheat day (b/c I'm closer to 150 than 145, and it's time to fix that).

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolberger (Post 4080615)
Thanks Pxlkitty for doing this. You are an excellent computer nerd (and I mean that in the most complimentary way!).

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4080709)
PixlKitty..Thanks so much for setting this up and getting the other one archived. I really want to keep the other one as my information source!!!

Today I am seriously going over Phase 3 breakfasts. I need to have very quick ones as my breakfast time is short before work.

I find myself looking back at the other one all the time. Hopefully they will archive it. Check out my breakfasts on fatsecret. The fastest ones are yogurt, fruit, and granola. You could pack it all the night before.

wildflower613 10-22-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4080698)
Wildflower..I know you can do it. Just tell yourself you are learning and training your body. This is just a new thing to learn. Plus you have your Phase 1 already to go as soon as you are done.
I really hope you enjoy your day..scary as it might be!

I just read that you are celebrating your 11th Anniversary. Are you going out to a special restaurant! That sounds like a perfect day for you to enjoy.

Thanks! Yes we are going to our favorite local restaurant. I always, always get the salad no croutons no dressing with extra cucs, the filet mignon and broccoli. But this time I will add a Margarita, Onion Ring appetizer and WILL eat the dinner roll instead of leaving it on the table! I will be absolutely stuffed.

Breakfast today is pretty darn nasty but I waited 5 months for this so here goes nothing. Bear claw from grocery bakery and a Toasted Marshmallow Latte from their cafe. Yikes.

wildflower613 10-22-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 (Post 4080733)
I have a free day today too. It is my second one, and I'm not going to go as crazy as I did the first time... I weighed mysefl this morning and I'm 145.5, so within a pound of goal. If I ever weigh in at 147.5 or higher, I don't get the cheat day (b/c I'm closer to 150 than 145, and it's time to fix that).

That is a good idea

wildflower613 10-22-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolberger (Post 4080615)

You will do great. This "free" day is mandatory so you shouldn't feel guilty. Just hop back on on Sunday and you will be fine. This is just how it is supposed to work. Have a great date night.

Thanks!!!

wildflower613 10-22-2011 09:15 AM

Hey all I just wanted to say If not I'm not back by Sunday or Monday. Come looking for me!!! Send a search party!!

Pauley 10-22-2011 09:52 AM

Have fun tonight Wildflower! Don't let worry over your diet spoil your night out! I am stoked for my first cheat day a week from today. We even have a sitter lined up, which is very rare. I will be eating the dinner roll too, and enjoying a fine Zinfandel with my steak. Yum.

I thoroughly enjoyed a shopping spree at Goodwill last night. I found several things in a size 10 and medium that fit great. Fun!

Pxlkitty4 10-22-2011 12:19 PM

Our first maintainers thread is now a sticky, and this one is up in the sticky area too for posting... YAY! Thanks to suzanne3fc!

Pxlkitty4 10-23-2011 10:56 AM

Posting about my cheat day. I didn't go all out like I did last week, but I did enjoy myself and it was fun ging to my supper club and being able to eat everything for the first time in 8 months... I made a stout gingerbread cake with citrus sauce. You know it's good when you ask who wants leftovers and everyone shouts "me!" at the same time. I made a double bach, gave half of one cake to the neighbors, took one to supper club (brought none home), and hubby and boy polished off almost all of the rest while I was out.

My one special treat was stopping at 7-11 and getting a bag of Utz potato sticks... YUM! Talk about fat and carbs together in a crunchy delightful treat! OK. Carb-free today, and kinda liking the idea.

Maile 10-23-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 (Post 4081716)
Posting about my cheat day. I didn't go all out like I did last week, but I did enjoy myself and it was fun ging to my supper club and being able to eat everything for the first time in 8 months... I made a stout gingerbread cake with citrus sauce. You know it's good when you ask who wants leftovers and everyone shouts "me!" at the same time. I made a double bach, gave half of one cake to the neighbors, took one to supper club (brought none home), and hubby and boy polished off almost all of the rest while I was out.

My one special treat was stopping at 7-11 and getting a bag of Utz potato sticks... YUM! Talk about fat and carbs together in a crunchy delightful treat! OK. Carb-free today, and kinda liking the idea.

Thanks for info on the quick breakfast. I am sitting here with boxes of cereal, yogurt and bread next to my computer. I am logging in all of the nutritional values on Spark people tracker. Then it should be easy..I am also looking at the copies of your breakfasts and wildlflower's.
I am very happy this is archived..I go back to that thread many times. Again thaks for all of your tech work on doing this. Tech is not my strong point.

Do you put stout..as in ale? in the gingerbread? Sometime I would like that recipe..for future cheat days!

Maile 10-23-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildflower613 (Post 4080754)
Thanks! Yes we are going to our favorite local restaurant. I always, always get the salad no croutons no dressing with extra cucs, the filet mignon and broccoli. But this time I will add a Margarita, Onion Ring appetizer and WILL eat the dinner roll instead of leaving it on the table! I will be absolutely stuffed.

Breakfast today is pretty darn nasty but I waited 5 months for this so here goes nothing. Bear claw from grocery bakery and a Toasted Marshmallow Latte from their cafe. Yikes.

Wildflower..We will look for your return or send out the IP patrol to get you! Enjoy your splurge.

Maile 10-23-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pauley (Post 4080802)
Have fun tonight Wildflower! Don't let worry over your diet spoil your night out! I am stoked for my first cheat day a week from today. We even have a sitter lined up, which is very rare. I will be eating the dinner roll too, and enjoying a fine Zinfandel with my steak. Yum.

I thoroughly enjoyed a shopping spree at Goodwill last night. I found several things in a size 10 and medium that fit great. Fun!

Pauley..Will that be the bd celebration? It sounds fun.
Isn't it nice to find clothes at good prices??? I also hunt the thrift shops.
Yesterday I bought a strand of lime green fake hair. We have wild hair day next week..that is as wild as I can get.

Maile 10-23-2011 11:33 AM

OK..This is the last post..I need to input nutritional values. I weighed myself yesterday and hit the 30s. I weighed myself 5 times as I did not believe it. So today..I put new batteries in my scale..and am still 38. I cannot remember the last time I was in the 30s. So now I have the cushion I need for Phase 3..and secondly..I am wondering if eating turkey burgers for a week..helped?

ItsAboutTime 10-23-2011 11:48 AM

I just joined fat secret so how can I look at what some of you are eating in the other phases? Do I have to be in maintenance first? I really need ideas for what I'm going to do in the next few weeks. Thanks!

Maile 10-23-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime (Post 4081773)
I just joined fat secret so how can I look at what some of you are eating in the other phases? Do I have to be in maintenance first? I really need ideas for what I'm going to do in the next few weeks. Thanks!

Believe me I am no expert..but click PixlKitty's name and invite her to be a buddy. Then you can see her meals. Also..look under Ideal Protein ..then meals..you can see her posts there. I do not know how to get to the spreadsheet.
Also..Wildflower has a spreadsheet of her Phase 3 breakfasts.

Feel free to post here..I have been on Phase 2..and everyone is very supportive!!!

ItsAboutTime 10-23-2011 11:54 AM

I did get the spreadsheet from Wildflowers. Now if someone could do something like that for me for me well, always, I'd be set! ;) My name is LessofLynsey on there because ItsAboutTime was taken already. (Just so people don't get confused.)

Pxlkitty4 10-23-2011 12:05 PM

You are supposed to use stout, but I used an Okterberfest ale. Google "stout gingerbread with citrus sauce". It's delicious!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4081781)
Believe me I am no expert..but click PixlKitty's name and invite her to be a buddy. Then you can see her meals. Also..look under Ideal Protein ..then meals..you can see her posts there. I do not know how to get to the spreadsheet.
Also..Wildflower has a spreadsheet of her Phase 3 breakfasts.

Feel free to post here..I have been on Phase 2..and everyone is very supportive!!!

Hopefully this works for you. I don't know what spreadsheet you ladies are talking about...

ItsAboutTime 10-23-2011 12:16 PM

I sent you a buddy request PxlKitty.

woolberger 10-23-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime (Post 4081808)
I sent you a buddy request PxlKitty.

I sent you a buddy request too.

Lynn

woolberger 10-23-2011 02:03 PM

Hi all,

Sitting at Memphis Airport waiting to board the flight back to Denver. Had a great time at the wedding. Looks like many of us had our free days yesterday. I really didn't eat badly but the alcohol...I can't remember;). Anyway, it's a phase II day for me! Have a wonderful Sunday. Will check in tonight.

Lynn

capricious 10-23-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildflower613 (Post 4080761)
Hey all I just wanted to say If not I'm not back by Sunday or Monday. Come looking for me!!! Send a search party!!

:rofl:

I was in on the Saturday free day as well... really enjoyed my pumpkin spice latte and the banana muffins I had made and my husband kept exclaiming over- I always want to be able to taste them when that happens :D
Went out with my husband & friends last night and had a great time!
Back to Phase 1 today- had the omelet for breakfast and I don't feel hard done by one little bit. There is something so nice about cleansing your system after indulging- just makes me feel better mentally & physically.
Your stout gingerbread cake does sound really good pxlkitty and my husband loves gingerbread as well so will have to try it out..
Congrats Maile on 130's!! To have a little breathing room in Phase 3- or to stay in the 130's- works either way ;)
Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday...

Pauley 10-23-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4081757)
Pauley..Will that be the bd celebration? It sounds fun.
Isn't it nice to find clothes at good prices??? I also hunt the thrift shops.
Yesterday I bought a strand of lime green fake hair. We have wild hair day next week..that is as wild as I can get.

Yes, it's mine and my husband's birthdays Nov 1 & 3 so we are celebrating next Saturday. I think he's even more excited than I am to eat real food at a fancy restaurant! With me dieting, he's not been eating out either.

Lime green hair! Did you find a lime green outfit to go with it? That will be a fun day at work.

ItsAboutTime 10-23-2011 04:08 PM

I wish I could've had a free day yesterday too! I started the day by making pumpkin bread for my family and boy did it smell good! I stuck to my coffee with a shake but I would've loved to be able to try it. I also made some of the snacks for my husbands 30th bday party I'm throwing Friday night. If I wasn't on this plan it could've been bad so I am thankful for that but a bite here and there would've been nice.

Please tell me it's normal to go down slow, and maybe even go up a little here and there, in the end. I'm struggling all of the sudden because my losses are coming slow. I know I had a 4 in the past few weeks but my avg is still not that great. I always burn out after about 3 or 4 months and I'm getting to that point so good numbers are what I need to keep going. I don't want to binge, just getting sick of this phase. (And as sick as I am of phase 1, I'm scared to move and feel so uneducated on what comes next.) Don't get me wrong, I feel great and don't plan on ever eating like I did before but I'm ready to introduce a few things again. I am going to stalk this thread and try to prepare for what comes next since I'm only about 4 weeks from phase 2 if that's ok with all of you.

Determinedat47 10-23-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime (Post 4082004)
I wish I could've had a free day yesterday too! I started the day by making pumpkin bread for my family and boy did it smell good! I stuck to my coffee with a shake but I would've loved to be able to try it. I also made some of the snacks for my husbands 30th bday party I'm throwing Friday night. If I wasn't on this plan it could've been bad so I am thankful for that but a bite here and there would've been nice.

Please tell me it's normal to go down slow, and maybe even go up a little here and there, in the end. I'm struggling all of the sudden because my losses are coming slow. I know I had a 4 in the past few weeks but my avg is still not that great. I always burn out after about 3 or 4 months and I'm getting to that point so good numbers are what I need to keep going. I don't want to binge, just getting sick of this phase. (And as sick as I am of phase 1, I'm scared to move and feel so uneducated on what comes next.) Don't get me wrong, I feel great and don't plan on ever eating like I did before but I'm ready to introduce a few things again. I am going to stalk this thread and try
to prepare for what comes next since I'm only about 4 weeks from phase 2 if
that's ok with all of you.

I believe your issues of slow loss at the end and fear of new phases have been addressed over and over and over in the daily chat thread. Very common- we all lose slow at we near our ibw and all that are used to the comfort of phase 1 have a fear of regaining in the next phases.

ItsAboutTime 10-23-2011 05:06 PM

I'm reading the archived "Life after phase 1" right now and hoping it helps at least a little bit.

SourireLumineux 10-23-2011 10:45 PM

Thanks Maile and Pxlkitty4!!

Maile 10-24-2011 08:22 AM

I have a question. Are all of you eating fats with your breakafasts?
PixleKitty: I noticed that you eat whipped butter..which I have never tried..but got because it is lower that butter. I just have trouble with seeing something like Peanut butter having 200 cal and 16 gms of fat..even one tablespoon is high. However, it seems like we are supposed to eat fats.
Wildflower made a spread sheet. I may have it in my pm and will send it to you.

Pauley: I have bright green Halloween cat leggings to go with the hair! Now I have to find a costume as we have to dress up for a school carnival on Friday. Your Bd is getting closer! I think my husband would glad to have me
share food with him for once!

Woolberger: glad you had a good time at the wedding. Do you live in Denver. I am making xmas travel plans and remembered being stuck because Denver airport was snowed out.

Capricious.Your pumkin pie latte sounds very good. I am going to make a latter on Phase 3 ..but have not figured out which milk to use..maybe soy.

Itsabouttime..I slowed to weeks of 1 pound losses..It is normal as you are closer to goal.

SourirelLuminex..Welcome!

Pxlkitty4 10-24-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4082554)
I have a question. Are all of you eating fats with your breakafasts?
PixleKitty: I noticed that you eat whipped butter..which I have never tried..but got because it is lower that butter. I just have trouble with seeing something like Peanut butter having 200 cal and 16 gms of fat..even one tablespoon is high. However, it seems like we are supposed to eat fats.
Wildflower made a spread sheet. I may have it in my pm and will send it to you.

Thanks! I will look for the spreadsheet. I use whipped butter because more goes further, and it seems to spread better right out of the fridge. It basically has more air in it than regular butter. The guideline for phase 3 is 15 gms or less of fat per breakfast. I try to do that for phase 4 too...

ItsAboutTime 10-24-2011 09:24 AM

I forwarded it to you Pxl just about 2 minutes ago. Let me know if you don't get it.

woolberger 10-24-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capricious (Post 4081945)
:rofl:

I was in on the Saturday free day as well... really enjoyed my pumpkin spice latte and the banana muffins I had made and my husband kept exclaiming over- I always want to be able to taste them when that happens :D

How do you make the Pumpkin Latte? Do you use SF pumpkin syrup of some kind. I was very disappointed that Starbucks could not make me a skinny one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime (Post 4082004)
I

Please tell me it's normal to go down slow, and maybe even go up a little here and there, in the end. I'm struggling all of the sudden because my losses are coming slow. I know I had a 4 in the past few weeks but my avg is still not that great. I always burn out after about 3 or 4 months and I'm getting to that point so good numbers are what I need to keep going. I don't want to binge, just getting sick of this phase. (And as sick as I am of phase 1, I'm scared to move and feel so uneducated on what comes next.) Don't get me wrong, I feel great and don't plan on ever eating like I did before but I'm ready to introduce a few things again. I am going to stalk this thread and try to prepare for what comes next since I'm only about 4 weeks from phase 2 if that's ok with all of you.

I think everybody slows down at the end. I also felt more hungry and took that as a sign my body was done. I raised my goal weight and started the phase off process. Remember, we picked that goal weight out of thin air when we were unhappy with ourselves. It's just a number. How do you feel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4082554)

Woolberger: glad you had a good time at the wedding. Do you live in Denver. I am making xmas travel plans and remembered being stuck because Denver airport was snowed out.

I live in Louisville which is about 20-25 miles northwest of Denver, close to Boulder. Funny you should mention the weather. It is supposed to be 80 and beautiful today, and be 33 and snow on Wednesday. Winter is upon us!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 (Post 4082566)
Thanks! I will look for the spreadsheet. I use whipped butter because more goes further, and it seems to spread better right out of the fridge. It basically has more air in it than regular butter. The guideline for phase 3 is 15 gms or less of fat per breakfast. I try to do that for phase 4 too...

I haven't heard of this spreadsheet either. Is it something we can share here or is it someone's personal info?

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lynn

ItsAboutTime 10-24-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolberger (Post 4082628)
I think everybody slows down at the end. I also felt more hungry and took that as a sign my body was done. I raised my goal weight and started the phase off process. Remember, we picked that goal weight out of thin air when we were unhappy with ourselves. It's just a number. How do you feel?

I haven't heard of this spreadsheet either. Is it something we can share here or is it someone's personal info?

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lynn

I feel hungry all the time. Which is strange because just a few weeks ago I wasn't hungry ever. I've been eating my night time snack after work about 4 so I don't snack on horrible things before dinner is ready. Other than that, I feel wonderful. A little burnt out but that's to be expected.

I will forward you the speadsheet also. I'm sure Wild won't mind because it's nothing big, just some of her breakfasts from phase 3.

sunnymae 10-24-2011 10:14 AM

Wow...I'm just back off a road trip and SOooo much has happened here! We're stickied, we're in volume 2 of the maintainers. Sounds like the sequel to a good novel :0)
I feel a little out of it, so I'm hitting fat secret as soon as I finish posting here. Congrats to everyone for free days and recovery days and working it all out one day at a time.
I don't think I am going to lose any weight during the maintenance challenge, but I don't think I'll have gained more than when I started the challenge.
What I have to decide is how badly do I really want to lose another 10 lbs?
This is the year anniversary of when I started IP last year and I know a yearly phase 1 reboot is recommended by Dr. Trien, so I will consider doing that after our challenge is over. Just not sure if I want to do it IP/Atkiins or WW style or a mix.
Have a great day and welcome to everyone whose just joined the maintenance thread. It's the bomb!

woolberger 10-24-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnymae (Post 4082694)
Wow...I'm just back off a road trip and SOooo much has happened here! We're stickied, we're in volume 2 of the maintainers. Sounds like the sequel to a good novel :0)
I feel a little out of it, so I'm hitting fat secret as soon as I finish posting here. Congrats to everyone for free days and recovery days and working it all out one day at a time.
I don't think I am going to lose any weight during the maintenance challenge, but I don't think I'll have gained more than when I started the challenge.
What I have to decide is how badly do I really want to lose another 10 lbs?
This is the year anniversary of when I started IP last year and I know a yearly phase 1 reboot is recommended by Dr. Trien, so I will consider doing that after our challenge is over. Just not sure if I want to do it IP/Atkiins or WW style or a mix.
Have a great day and welcome to everyone whose just joined the maintenance thread. It's the bomb!

I've been thinking about the same thing Sunnymae. I am at my 1 year anniversary too but this seems like a bad time to do Phases 1,2 & 3 right before the holidays. I'm thinking I will make Januarys the time for my annual reboots. It should take 5-6 weeks to go through phases I-III correctly. Anyone else want to make that the New Year's Reboot Challenge? I'm thinking of starting 1/9/12.

Lynn

ItsAboutTime 10-24-2011 12:26 PM

Do you just do 2 weeks in each phase to reboot?

Linden 10-24-2011 12:40 PM

May I ask a question about the 1-year re-tooling? For some reason I though it began one year after you completed the program. I don't have any evidence for that at all; just an assumption. Anyone else think that?