Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #196  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post

Your post made me think about my first phase 3 breakfast- Toast with peanut butter, a plain greek yogurt and a cup of fresh blueberries- It had been 9 months since having any of those foods, and I expected confetti to fall from the sky or a marching band to come through the door but no, I ate it and life went on. You have done so great and I personally think you have probably hit a weight that is just right for you. WAT TO GO- ENJOY THOSE BREAKFASTS!
It was enjoyable for sure, have had a girggling stomach since then so I guess that means it is digesting the food just right...I will enjoy my pb but do miss my morning drinks so thinking of having smoothies on the weekend, easier to pack then a bunch of food... I had froze my yogurt when my coach decided no phase 3 last week, I am glad to say it didn't seperate too much like my one cookbook said it would. I must say it was a very filling breakfast, but may have to only have the pb every other day as that is all my mind wants now... will have to be very careful. Thanks for your support I do believe now I am where I should be and will deal with that. After all I look amazing...(hee hee)
One of the guy's who was off on paternaty leave came back today and said wow you must have been working out since I left and I said, no still the diet, he said really the same diet you have done amazing... always nice to hear.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #197  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I don't think it will let you join since it's already started. The site is weird that way... Sorry... That's an annoying feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
You can still do the challenge with us! Just track your food on whatever site you use and report you success back to us on this thread.
I was answering this from a technical perspective. The site won't let people join a challenge once it has started. Of course you can join us informally and let us know how things are going...

Here are the mini challenges:

Make sure that you only have one "free" day each week
Guidelines: No letting your free day spill over into other days.

Make sure that you are getting regular exercise.
Guidelines: Minimum 30 mins 3-4 times per week

Make sure you log what you are eating in a day (min one day per week).
Guidelines: Log at least one day each week in a program that tells you total calories, fat, carbs.

Will you change what you do next week based on your results this week?
Guidelines: Will you do something differently next week?

Remove all the "free" day temptation from the house on the day after.
Guidelines: Make sure you minimize the temptating to continue the "free day" by removing everything from the house the morning after.

Make sure you are hydrated!
Guidelines: Drink minimum of 8 glasses of water each day

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 11-08-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:15 AM   #198  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Thank you Maile, that was great to read. I just finished part of my first breakfast on phase 3 and toast and peanut butter, in a few minutes I will have my yogurt but am already full. I also forgot my cereal so had 2 pieces of toast instead with pb... I missed that. stomach hasn't been to settled for the last couple of days, am hoping I am not getting the flu everyone here is getting... that was what I liked to read this morning the NOW what do I do... I am lucky that I am not at my goal yet so I still have something to focus on but am going to phase out properly and see if eating and exercised will tone me up and get me down to where I want to be. I am happy where I am for now, and look so forward to looking back on the beginning of this journey as wheew got that done, check now to get this done, check.

Have a great day all.
Hi 2Ride: It sounds like you are enjoying your first Phase 3 breakfast! I really have come to enjoy them and actually weaned myself my crispy cereal addiction!

I think the followup to that piece is that we need to set our own mini goals in maintenance. Whether it be a set point that we will not go over or a pattern of eating. You can still have your celebrations, but new ones..such as reaching target weight again after a treat day.

One of the things that she said that I liked was that she had a new excitement to her life! I think this is true with having a weight loss.

Glad you are here..and enjoy those breakfasts! Nice about the guy at work noticing your loss. I limit PB also to every few days..

Last edited by Maile; 11-09-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #199  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Thanks PixlKitty for doing this. are you done with your interviews? are you exhausted?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #200  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Thanks PixlKitty for doing this. are you done with your interviews? are you exhausted?
Yes, we are done. Now we just need to look at all the finalists and figure out timing... And, yes, I am exhausted.

On an aggravating note, I came upstairs and realized that when I had closed my door and it hit the back of my calf, it actually broke the skin (wearing black tights) and is bleeding. GRRRRR... Good thing I have a first aid kit in my office. I get an extra cup of coffee this morning.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 182/142/142

Height: 5'4.5"

I slipped back so easily into an old habit... while traveling and stopped at a gas station, I went in and grabbed a bag of chocolate covered raisins & choc. covered peanuts. Eating in the car on road trips was always a ritual. I've done so well and been so diligent, it was a real eyeopener how little thought I gave to not buying that candy. We leave again tomorrow for another trip -- forewarned is forearmed!! Lesson learned -- constant vigilance if I want to maintain and not slip back.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Maile are you kanoesunset on fatsecret? And BCgirl & sunnymae are you joining the challenge this go? C'mon the more the 'merrier'
I am in! I'm TLVANCOUVER over there
Old 11-09-2011, 10:40 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Wow...so sorry I missed out on the holiday challenge. I was closed out when I tried to join yesterday. I was away most of last week and just missed the message both in my inbox (which I couldn't find cause I'm a dodo) and just missed the announcement on the thread) Rats!
If there's anyway you could open it up on fat secret that would be awesome, otherwise I'll cheer and stay connected on the sidelines. I really need the group atmosphere to stay on track. It's better with you guys...you have no idea!!!! Keeps the at bay. Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #204  

I have a snack question. A friend who finished the program a few weeks ago has a 5 calorie jello with low fat cool whip every day, other than the chemical issue in cool whip (yuck) and logs everything into MFP Is there any issue with a low cal low fat snack mid day? I've been using up packets that I have but wondering what snacks I might get that are more convenient (I travel at least 50% of the time for work).
Old 11-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyswan View Post
I slipped back so easily into an old habit... while traveling and stopped at a gas station, I went in and grabbed a bag of chocolate covered raisins & choc. covered peanuts. Eating in the car on road trips was always a ritual. I've done so well and been so diligent, it was a real eyeopener how little thought I gave to not buying that candy. We leave again tomorrow for another trip -- forewarned is forearmed!! Lesson learned -- constant vigilance if I want to maintain and not slip back.
Binging in the car is an old favorite of mine too! I fell prey to this a few days ago and ate 3+ servings of sugar free cookies (which were most certainly NOT fat or calorie free) before I could stop myself. I had purchased them to have one small serving as a treat in the evening and then gobbled up nearly the whole package in the car leaving the store. What is wrong with me???
Old 11-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #206  

I'm so glad we are talking snacks . Meals I seem to have all figured out... NSV for me - 25 consecutive days of logging my diet and exercise in Myfitnesspal. With the challenge I was thinking of moving my log to fatsecret but all my meals are set up already
Old 11-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I was answering this from a technical perspective. The site won't let people join a challenge once it has started. Of course you can join us informally and let us know how things are going...

Here are the mini challenges:

Make sure that you only have one "free" day each week
Guidelines: No letting your free day spill over into other days.

Make sure that you are getting regular exercise.
Guidelines: Minimum 30 mins 3-4 times per week

Make sure you log what you are eating in a day (min one day per week).
Guidelines: Log at least one day each week in a program that tells you total calories, fat, carbs.

Will you change what you do next week based on your results this week?
Guidelines: Will you do something differently next week?

Remove all the "free" day temptation from the house on the day after.
Guidelines: Make sure you minimize the temptating to continue the "free day" by removing everything from the house the morning after.

Make sure you are hydrated!
Guidelines: Drink minimum of 8 glasses of water each day
Gotcha, okay i am jumping the gun a little. I will have to phase off first then join in.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #208  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Wow...so sorry I missed out on the holiday challenge. I was closed out when I tried to join yesterday. I was away most of last week and just missed the message both in my inbox (which I couldn't find cause I'm a dodo) and just missed the announcement on the thread) Rats!
If there's anyway you could open it up on fat secret that would be awesome, otherwise I'll cheer and stay connected on the sidelines. I really need the group atmosphere to stay on track. It's better with you guys...you have no idea!!!! Keeps the at bay. Have a great day everyone!
I can't open it up... And when I opened the new challenge, it wouldn't let me copy in things from teh old one, so I had to enter all the questions over again. It took quote some time. I will migrate the whole thing to a spreadsheet on google at some point to make it more user friendly. Stay tuned.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #209  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Good afternoon, the days lately are just getting away from me. Could be I am the only one in my office now and we should have 3 people so I am basically running around trying to do all. Makes the days go by fast.
This is day 2 of phase 3, and I really like breakfasts, haven't tried anything too complicated yet, just doing toast and yogurt and fruit. Tomorrow may have to change it up. My stomach has been girggling and doing sommersaults for the last two days so I am not sure my stomach likes phase 3 yet. I also find I am real gassy... TMI I know... but wow... am going to go back and see what others are having for breakfasts again. I do miss the grab 2 packets for breakfast and lunch and run out the door days... I now have a roommate that I don't want to wake as I am up at 4:45 to walk the dogs and am out of the house by 6 so will have to start preparing my dogs treats and my breakfast and lunch the night before so I am not too noisy. Apparently I can be real quiet and then when I leave my old girl starts a barking and woke her up anyway... Jewel gets lonely and thinks everyone should be awake and downstairs with her... got to love the old girl, but would like to sleep in my bed once and a while...
Have a great evening all, I am off to buy produce and breakfast items...
Old 11-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #210  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Oh Sorry forgot to mention....

Thanks Pxlkitty for keeping us all on track, you are wonderful...

Its about time - that scale is evil, quit weighing yourself... I am one to talk, I also stepped on the scale this am... YIKES, 155.8 as well... what the heck happened to my 148 of 2 weeks ago? man bummer.... so NOW I swear I will not step on a scale (or if you have a wii) until Nov 21 at 3:00pm at my clinic... that is if my coach remembered to schedule me...
Closed Thread