Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #76  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
ah would be nice to have a cash and carry, my store only sells the big bottles and about $9.00 each.... but I found this online while I was in "training" last week... lots of good recipes and the pumpkin latte is one of them...
Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie Latte
INGREDIENTS
1 oz. Torani Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie syrup
8 nonfat oz. milk
2 shots espresso* INSTRUCTIONS
Steam milk and Torani together. Pour heated, flavored milk into a tall glass and add brewed espresso*. Spoon a thin layer of foamed milk over beverage. *If needed, 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee can be substituted for 2 shots espresso

http://shop.torani.com/
That sounds wonderful!!!!! I am going to get out my expresso maker..which has been put away all of these months and try it. Thanks. are you enjoying your breakfasts?
I am freezing also!!!!! I have not lost the cold feeling. I have heard that silk long underwear and bamboo???? are the best.

Last edited by Maile; 10-27-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #77  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
You guys are prompting me to search airfares for a spring break in Hawaiii! My favorite part of Maui in winter/spring is the humpback whales! And the heat. Definitely the heat!

I am not nearly as cold now that I'm eating more. Not as warm as last winter with my huge extra layer of fat, but warmer than I was all summer. Funny how carbs heat up the body.

I have a question. Lunch is supposed to be vegetables and meat, no carbs in Phase 4. Do the "restricted" vegetables from Phase 1 count as a carb? Can I only have beets and spaghetti squash for dinner, or do they now count as a normal vegetables?

Thank you for sharing the spinach recipe. That sounds so easy, it may be dinner tonight!
Pauley..I don't know the answer to that as I have not reached 4. However, I have heard that the airlines are going to raise the rates on Nov. 1. The prices are already high. I love to see the Humpback whales also..Maui has beautiful beaches. Boy could I use that 80 degree heat today!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #78  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Hi all, a question for you maintainers... when your pancreaus restarts do you get warm again? I am a little tired of being cold for 9 months... and winter is coming... It will be a horrible winter if I have to wear gloves at work.
I feel warmer now than when I was on the diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl View Post
Do any of you by chance have any low carb Greek salad dressing suggestions? I can't wait to have a Greek salad with feta Fri on my first phase 4 day
I use Brianna's vinaigrettes. I actually like the French vinaigrette on my Greek salads.

Quote:
Good luck with vacation planning! We just booked 2.5 weeks in Costa Rica over Christmas so I have to get going on my workouts to be bikini ready

My understanding is that all vegetables are allowed in phase 4, including at lunch.
Yes, this is true. All veggies allowed. YAY!.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #79  
Maile

Quote:
Good luck with vacation planning! We just booked 2.5 weeks in Costa Rica over Christmas so I have to get going on my workouts to be bikini ready

My understanding is that all vegetables are allowed in phase 4, including at lunch.
BC..I have heard that Costa Rica is beautiful, warm, and friendly. How fun that you are working into a bikini. I am working into my one piece.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #80  
Maile

PixleKitty..I love that quote on the bottom and have copied it for my use. It is so true.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #81  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Pxlkitty - good to know, can't wait... so cold.

Maile - funny I never liked coffee but now I have it about once a day, usually an iced coffee... just need a little kick once in a while.

jealous of all of you planning your vacations...
Old 10-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
BC..I have heard that Costa Rica is beautiful, warm, and friendly. How fun that you are working into a bikini. I am working into my one piece.
I'm just not that proud. With my figure it's not my belly as much as my back end so any swimsuit shows that . My best friend has a house there so the whole family is going - I've never been. The good news is everybody looks a little better after (safely) being in the sunshine!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello all,
Went to bed late last night and paid the price today. Always so much hungrier and more likely to give in when I'm tired. Bought fresh granola from Costco and it called my name and called my name and called my name... I will not be buying it again. Too tempting. Thankfully my younger brother who is a skinny bottomless pit loves anything with nuts- pretty sure he'll clean it up when he comes up from Calgary tomorrow.
Do we need to send out a search party for Wildflower??
pxlkitty- have you decided on your Halloween weekend free day?
Determined- those almonds sound awesome and prepackaged no less... I will be finding some of those!
BCgirl- I bought a two piece when I hit maintenance but I still feel shy wearing it and so resorted to my one piece from last year. Not a good trade. Had both the top and the rear hanging out cause the suit was 'swimming' on me
woolberger- Lucky you that Hawaii is next week and not next year!! Enjoy it (I'm sure you will- you'd almost have to try not to)
Old 10-27-2011, 11:38 PM   #84  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
When you're in Hilo, think of me, OK?

[N.b. The Big Island was just named the 7th most beautiful island in the world. And up to 20 million tons of debris from the Japanese tsunami is headed toward the Hawai'ian Islands. But you'll miss it. I hope you love the island as much as I do.]
I will most definitely think of you. I'll kiss the ground if you want me to!

Quote:
Woolberger..On how to make pumpkin lattes..Unfortunately Starbucks only carries a few sugar free syrups..not the pumpkin sugar free one. I am going to make my own at home.
I like the morning star sausages also..I use them for taco meat. Your recipe sounds perfect for fall.

How exciting that you are going to Hawaii next week. It is one of my favorite islands. The volcano is worth going to. How fun that you are going as a thin you. I am going to Hawaii in Dec. to visit my family.
I looked for the Pumpkin SF Torani Syrup at World Market today. I swear they have every flavor EXCEPT Pumpkin. I gave in and ordered it online. Thanks for the link 2ride.
I am happy to be going to Hawaii thinner but I am 22 years older.

Quote:
Hi all, a question for you maintainers... when your pancreaus restarts do you get warm again? I am a little tired of being cold for 9 months... and winter is coming... It will be a horrible winter if I have to wear gloves at work.
I am much more comfortable now. I was very heat intolerant when I was heavy and menopausal. I did get cold while losing weight but now I just feel normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
woolberger- Lucky you that Hawaii is next week and not next year!! Enjoy it (I'm sure you will- you'd almost have to try not to)
I promise to enjoy it!!
Old 10-28-2011, 12:00 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Thanks capricious - I am here!
Hi everyone!
Just catching up tonight. I am sooo behind on this thread (BEEN SOOooo busy!! Must be something in the air) but absolutely DYING to share my experience with my first weeks in ph4 and first cheat day, good good of course! Hey no problem if you guys share that spreadsheet I sent which is actually just a jpeg but I have so many more ideas for breakfast now that I have gotten the hang of it. I had this idea that if I was online and had time I could just share what I had for breakfast that day. Seems people always come to this thread for breakfast ideas so what could it hurt. Tell me what you think.

Speaking of vacation our whole family is going to Cancun in the end of January and its going to be awesome to feel great in my skin. However, certain things just don't go back (on my body) so there is definitely no bikini happening here!

I will be back to share my story right now I must get some sleep. soooo tired.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:50 AM   #86  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
Thanks capricious - I am here!
Hi everyone!
Just catching up tonight. I am sooo behind on this thread (BEEN SOOooo busy!! Must be something in the air) but absolutely DYING to share my experience with my first weeks in ph4 and first cheat day, good good of course! Hey no problem if you guys share that spreadsheet I sent which is actually just a jpeg but I have so many more ideas for breakfast now that I have gotten the hang of it. I had this idea that if I was online and had time I could just share what I had for breakfast that day. Seems people always come to this thread for breakfast ideas so what could it hurt. Tell me what you think.

Speaking of vacation our whole family is going to Cancun in the end of January and its going to be awesome to feel great in my skin. However, certain things just don't go back (on my body) so there is definitely no bikini happening here!

I will be back to share my story right now I must get some sleep. soooo tired.
Hi Wildflower..It is good to hear from you. I am glad that your cheat day went well. I have thought the same thing about breakfast..I think posting is a good idea. Cancun is one of my favorite places. That water is warmer than Hawaii!
I am going to start the Phase 3 breakfast today. I am still nervous about eating that food, but will do it! Good bye crispy cereal pancakes for the morning!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #87  
Maile

Woolberger.. I ordered online as well. Stores seem to carry all of the flavors in sugar syrups, not sf.

Bc. How lucky for you to stay at someone's house. That is how I can go to Hawaii. I stay with my family! Here's to enjoying the beach in swimsuits now that we are thinner!

2riderollercoaster..I have coffee in the morning. I like that kick on energy also in the mornings. I liked your idea of freezing the yogurt. It will be waiting for you when you hit Phase 3. That was quite a parade of 5 of you going for an early morning walk the other morning!

Last edited by Maile; 10-28-2011 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:17 AM   #88  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Woolberger.. I ordered online as well. Stores seem to carry all of the flavors in sugar syrups, not sf.

Bc. How lucky for you to stay at someone's house. That is how I can go to Hawaii. I stay with my family! Here's to enjoying the beach in swimsuits now that we are thinner!

2riderollercoaster..I have coffee in the morning. I like that kick on energy also in the mornings. I liked your idea of freezing the yogurt. It will be waiting for you when you hit Phase 3. That was quite a parade of 5 of you going for an early morning walk the other morning!
I am lucky we have a place called "The Grocery People" and they have quite a selection of syrups... I have about 5 bottles on the go right now... Black Cherry (good with choc pudding shakes), Dolce, Eggnog, Peanut Butter (I mix this with the WF peanut butter better flavor), Peach, Irish Cream, and cinnamon... wait that is more than 5..so 6 as I finished off the cinnamon today. I make chai tea and and the eggnog and the cinnamon... oh so good. and if anyone had the Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte... my fave, I have that as well...

Yes my cats don't make it around the block but are sitting on my doorstep when I get back from the walk... Now that they are older they are not as adventurous... they use to always follow us for our whole walk until the magpies and crows started dive bombing them.

Congrats on the breakfasts, I can taste my peanut butter toast already... but if I continue to lose I will be in phase 2 for a while more... will see what monday brings.

Have a great weekend all. I think I will be helping a friend house hunt. I think she got an offer on her condo yesterday and the move out time is like the beginning of Nov or mid Nov so she doesn't have a lot of time... and they were saying the bad "S" word today for tomorrow... as it will be down to -5c overnight... yuck. really have to look for winter coats this weekend too.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #89  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Drive by posting. I have to sit down and read everything later... I have successfully commited myself to 3 pilates classes each weekuesday at 6am, Friday morning at 7:30am (30 mins abs), and Sunday at 11am.

I am going to be in amazing shape!! I am so excited. I am getting stronger, my last little bit of ab flab is going away, my bat wings are shrinking, and I HAVE TRICEPS!! I am doing reformer classes, since I think it's better in general and makes you have more discipline when you are doing the exercises. I was breathing in this morning and I can already tell that the second class per week is really helping.

I've been doing private lesosns once per week for about 3 months now. I decided that it's time to UP the frequency now that I am used to the exercises and strong enough to do it more frequently.

Capricious - haven't decided on cheat day yet, although I am leaning towards tomorrow (Saturday). I will let you know what I decide.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #90  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Drive by posting. I have to sit down and read everything later... I have successfully commited myself to 3 pilates classes each weekuesday at 6am, Friday morning at 7:30am (30 mins abs), and Sunday at 11am.

I am going to be in amazing shape!! I am so excited. I am getting stronger, my last little bit of ab flab is going away, my bat wings are shrinking, and I HAVE TRICEPS!! I am doing reformer classes, since I think it's better in general and makes you have more discipline when you are doing the exercises. I was breathing in this morning and I can already tell that the second class per week is really helping.

I've been doing private lesosns once per week for about 3 months now. I decided that it's time to UP the frequency now that I am used to the exercises and strong enough to do it more frequently.

Capricious - haven't decided on cheat day yet, although I am leaning towards tomorrow (Saturday). I will let you know what I decide.
Pxlkitty,

I have been doing 3 - 4 reformer classes per week now for months and it makes a huge difference. I look forward to my classes. They are my mental and physical health breaks. I really do have muscle definition for the first time in my life. Enjoy!
Closed Thread