The Maintainers, vol 2.

You're on Page 4 of 35
Go to
  • Phase 3
    I signed up for fat secret but i have been waiting for 10 minutes and havent received the email they said they were going to send.
  • Quote: I signed up for fat secret but i have been waiting for 10 minutes and havent received the email they said they were going to send.
    it looks like you were successful. when you log in, check out your buddy requests. i just sent you one.
  • Fatsecret
    I tried to check my biddy list but it says I need to confirm based on the email they sent me but i still have no email.
  • Quote: I tried to check my biddy list but it says I need to confirm based on the email they sent me but i still have no email.
    Check your junk email! I signed up to as sandyh50.
  • Quote: I signed up for fat secret but i have been waiting for 10 minutes and havent received the email they said they were going to send.
    Sent you a buddy request. Welcome to the group.

Lynn
  • In regards to the reboot... in Dr. Tran's book he explains that it is to be expected that we will gain 5- 8 pounds throughout the course of a year... if you are maintaining within 2-3 I don't think there is any necessity to do the reboot. My coach said that the once a year reboot is recommended and that usually the preferred time is after the holidays because of the excess that is associated with them. And that is all that I've heard and know...
  • Quote: I forwarded it to you Pxl just about 2 minutes ago. Let me know if you don't get it.
    me too please... thanks
    here is the link for phase 3 info, look for Jordanna's post on this page:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...et-phases.html
  • Wow. So much activity here. As to the annual reboot, I got the impression it was more to reset your pancreas again than it was for weight loss. I plan to do it in January (even though we've only been in maintenance a couple of months), and each subsequent January. For those of you nervous about fun days, just trust in and follow the strict Phase 1 day afterward. It really is a miracle. We have pretty regularly now started our fun day on Friday night and continue through Saturday night. Sunday is Phase 1. And Monday my weight is fine. I went 5 lbs below goal in Phase 3 to have a cushion, and since I've been on Phase 4 I haven't even gone up to my goal yet. I have been experimenting with being a little more relaxed about tiny cheats throughout the week. Even though the scale isn't really reflecting a difference, I feel much better emotionally if I stay disciplined through the week and let myself enjoy my extended cheat/fun day on the weekend.

My new lunch find...packaged chinese chicken salad from Sam's Club. It has two packets of chicken, dressing, peanuts and crispy noodles. I chop up my own romaine, use one packet of chicken, and not even a half a packet of the dressing, peanuts and crispy noodles. If I were disciplined about stretching it, I could easily make 4 lunch salads from it by adding extra chicken. It's pretty tasty and convenient.
  • To find the breakfasts on fatsecret, type "ideal protein phase 3" into the search bar at the top of the screen. when the food results come up and tell you that there is nothing, click "meals" on the right near search...

you can search for teh following: foods, recipes, meals, challenges, exercise...
  • I made a great Autumn maintenance dinner last night. I baked a sweet potato and topped it with crumbled Morningstar veggie sausage, WF pancake syrup and "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray. Reminded me of a dinner my Mom used to make using winter squash. It had 6.5 g of fat, 32 g of carbs and 22 g of protein. I'll definitely be making that again.
  • I would participate in a January "re-boot." I won't be at a year anniversary, but would like to drop another 10 lbs, and after the holidays seems like a good time to tackle it.

I am enjoying my extended vegetable selection in Phase 4. I ate spaghetti with spaghetti squash last night instead of noodles and a big plate of beets. Yum! Those beets have been sitting in the garden uneaten for months waiting for Phase 4.
  • I just signed up for the fatsecret website. Member name hemimom.

Please add me as a buddy. I am really struggling with Phase 4 and would like to see what everyone is eating.
  • Quote: Wow. So much activity here. As to the annual reboot, I got the impression it was more to reset your pancreas again than it was for weight loss. I plan to do it in January (even though we've only been in maintenance a couple of months), and each subsequent January. For those of you nervous about fun days, just trust in and follow the strict Phase 1 day afterward. It really is a miracle. We have pretty regularly now started our fun day on Friday night and continue through Saturday night. Sunday is Phase 1. And Monday my weight is fine. I went 5 lbs below goal in Phase 3 to have a cushion, and since I've been on Phase 4 I haven't even gone up to my goal yet. I have been experimenting with being a little more relaxed about tiny cheats throughout the week. Even though the scale isn't really reflecting a difference, I feel much better emotionally if I stay disciplined through the week and let myself enjoy my extended cheat/fun day on the weekend.

My new lunch find...packaged chinese chicken salad from Sam's Club. It has two packets of chicken, dressing, peanuts and crispy noodles. I chop up my own romaine, use one packet of chicken, and not even a half a packet of the dressing, peanuts and crispy noodles. If I were disciplined about stretching it, I could easily make 4 lunch salads from it by adding extra chicken. It's pretty tasty and convenient.
    I have to totally agree with you about the being disciplined during the week thing. It does make the cheat day all the sweeter and it really helps with keeping my focus. My cheat days tend to be pretty gung ho because I've spent all week wanting this or that and telling myself I can have it on my cheat day. Which I usually do. But hey, better one day a week than seven, right? Kept thinking on my last cheat day that more often than not, that would have been a pretty regular day for me a year ago. Yikes. I'm probably even better on my cheat days because at least I'm conscious to still order skim etc- saving calories where they don't really matter anyway... which I would not have done before. Very thankful to be 'awake' now and conscientious of how what I eat and drink affects me and my body...
    I'm waffling a bit about joining you guys on the reboot. What you say about making this the first annual January reboot makes sense to me... but... my bday's in January and we're going away to Hawaii in February. There's about 4 weeks in between these dates. That would only leave enough time for one week each of Phase 1 & 2 then the proper 2 weeks of phase 3... can I still tag along? It's always more fun when everyone's in
  • It seems weird to think about a reboot when I start phase 4 Thursday but my current plan is to do it the start of each Sept (one year after I started and the timing is after our summer at our lake cabin). If I do 2 weeks I'll be through the stages (with a little shorter phase 2) by Thanksgiving (Canadian).

It seems so far away - hopefully I don't need a reset sooner.