Daily IP Chat Wednesday 10/19/11

You're on Page 6 of 10
Go to
  • Quote: I am chicken to try the kale chips...
    I was afraid too. I made the first batch and was surprised at how good they were. the second batch was compeletly consumed by my 8 and 12 year old girls!!! the flavor reminded me of roasted pumpkin seeds.
  • Quote: I am chicken to try the kale chips...
    They are soooo good, But be forewarned, they do smell...
    My DH hates when I make them becasue they stink up the whole house!
    But when I need my crunchy/salty fix, this is what I make.
  • Quote: Hello all, Im new to IDP and this is week 2 for my husband and I. He's lost 17total and I have lost 13 total so far. I am sooo happy that found this site. Reading a lot of post here has helped me through the first week ("**** week"). I think im to the point right now where im tired of preparing my meals. My husband on the other hand hasnít had any issues with the diet and doesnít get cravings like I do ( I love bacon and cheese so image what im going through here!) We decided to eat out tonight for the first time. We are going to Red Robin. Any suggestion on what to get that wonít completely blow it?
    oh wow!!...you are going to Red Robin you are a BRAVE sole!!! I would get a grilled chicken or steak salad. Just an FYI you are allowed Vegetarian cheese

    And thanks Fox, I just snapped that picture
  • Quote: Red Robin is amazing when it come to IP... I normally get the mushroom burger/no bun. with either a salad or steamed broccoli.

    the other thing that I loved was a grilled chicken sandwich, you can request for them to wrap in lettuce... SUPER YUMMY!!



    Great idea... I'll try it tonight!!
  • Quote: Great idea... I'll try it tonight!!
    Usually if anyone asks if I want to go to dinner. This is always my recomedation... and you can always ask for more mushrooms... they are super yummy!
  • Quote: oh wow!!...you are going to Red Robin you are a BRAVE sole!!! I would get a grilled chicken or steak salad. Just an FYI you are allowed Vegetarian cheese

    And thanks Fox, I just snapped that picture

    We can have Veggie Cheese!!!!!! Even in Phase 1? I think that just made my day!!!
  • Wuv, question for you! The vegetarian cheese is Veggie Shreds-right? What kind do you get. I can't find any that are 0/0/0. Your help isich appreciated!
  • Quote: Wuv, question for you! The vegetarian cheese is Veggie Shreds-right? What kind do you get. I can't find any that are 0/0/0. Your help isich appreciated!
    I don't know if its veggie shreds or not...honestly....lol...I just get the vegetarian cheese in the produce section. I am out right now but the next time I get some I will pass on the name to you.
  • Quote: I don't know if its veggie shreds or not...honestly....lol...I just get the vegetarian cheese in the produce section. I am out right now but the next time I get some I will pass on the name to you.
    I have seen some where all the tofu and stuff is.. its usually in the produce section thats refrigerated!
  • Quote: I have seen some where all the tofu and stuff is.. its usually in the produce section thats refrigerated!
    EXACTLY!!....that is the one I get, I don't pay attention to the name just know I can have it, its good and I like it....so it goes in the basket....haha
  • Hey everyone, congrats on all the victories today. I have my WI tonight.

    Wuv I saw you type that we are allowed vegetarian cheese. I had asked my coach about this a month or so ago and her coach was there as well and they said I wasn't allowed to have it.

    I figured out a way to make a IP pizza so I had drizzled a little bit on it and it was delicious but haven't made it since since they told me it was not on program.

    I know all coaches are different and when I did have it that week I didn't think if affected me. I figured as long as I bought the soy one it should be good. hhmmmm
  • WHOOT WHOOT WUV! You are awesome, I had tears of joy when I read your post. Keep it up girl, you are going to feel soooooooo awesome and you already are lookin' awesome. CONGRATS!
  • Quote: Hey everyone, congrats on all the victories today. I have my WI tonight.

    Wuv I saw you type that we are allowed vegetarian cheese. I had asked my coach about this a month or so ago and her coach was there as well and they said I wasn't allowed to have it.

    I figured out a way to make a IP pizza so I had drizzled a little bit on it and it was delicious but haven't made it since since they told me it was not on program.

    I know all coaches are different and when I did have it that week I didn't think if affected me. I figured as long as I bought the soy one it should be good. hhmmmm
    Yea Yvette, Like everything else just depends on your coach. If mine says YES then I go for it ya now!

    Quote: WHOOT WHOOT WUV! You are awesome, I had tears of joy when I read your post. Keep it up girl, you are going to feel soooooooo awesome and you already are lookin' awesome. CONGRATS!
    Thanks Bella!!
  • Quote: I have to do a lot of work-related meals. When I order, I always preface it with, "I am the highest maintenance person you've ever met" with a smile and laugh. The servers never mind and with my colleagues, I've either told them I'm trying to take off the last of the baby weight (3 years later!) or just watch myself for a while. That seems to satisfy everyone.

    Good luck!
    Thanks Rainbowmom. I gave your advise a try.

    I joked about being high maintenance, ordered a grilled salmon sandwich, plain and a cesear salad dressing on the side. I thought I did pretty good, kept it very simple. I thought I was in the clear until the server grabed the menu and started reading off all of the stuff that was suppose to be on it, cheese, tomatoes, mayo, some fancy drizzle, he said you "what of that don't you want?" I am trying to fly undar the radar here and so I was a good girl and did not ask "which part of plain confuses you?" and said "none of those, thank you", when he left my co-workers started teasing me for being so picky, I wanted to crawl under the table. But, I survived, stayed OP, but one of the ladies caught me hiding some of the croutons in the bread from my sandwich so my plate wouldn't look as bad..lol. I have a month before I have to do it again.
  • Need some help. I am almost out of my vitamins/supplements again (I can't believe it) and they cost so much and I need to buy more packets. So if I go without my vitamins which ones can I buy cheaper at Wally World? Which ones do you think I shouldn't go without? Thanks for your help!