3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Has anyone used this seasoning? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/245350-has-anyone-used-seasoning.html)

Rumblesis 10-17-2011 02:03 PM

Has anyone used this seasoning?

It is called Slap Ya Mama, and it is a Cajun Seasoning mix with NO MSG. Awesome spice, and no bad stuff, except maybe salt. Also, a friend turned me on to Bragg Liquid Amino when I asked about soy sauce. Can I use soy sauce or not? How about edamame? I can't find reference to any Asian veggies out there.

Also, how do I search for specific things? I found reference to a recipe for "buffalo chicken wraps" but it lists tons of things without narrowing it down, then I have to wait to try my search again.

Any help for a newbie!??

Thanks!

Paint Lady 10-17-2011 02:19 PM

I've used slap ya mama before IP. It's pretty good, but it does have salt. If you want a cajun seasoning without salt try Tony Chachere's no salt cajun seasoning.

wuv2bloved 10-17-2011 02:20 PM

I use Slap Ya Mama sometimes but use Tony's more. You can have soy sauce and you can eat edamame. You must be from La to know about Slap ya Mama...lol

Rumblesis 10-17-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4074431)
I use Slap Ya Mama sometimes but use Tony's more. You can have soy sauce and you can eat edamame. You must be from La to know about Slap ya Mama...lol

Wuv, no there is a Cajun Market here that rocks!! My co-worker found it and we usually check it out when we work in that area. I live in the Atlanta area.

Can I ask why I have to wait a minute between searches or posts? I am still new here, and can't figure it out!

wuv2bloved 10-17-2011 02:30 PM

Ahhhh ok, that makes sense then. For the seasonings I just make sure there are no sugars and no salt if possible. That is why I use the Tony's more and its the same as Slap ya Mama with no salt really.

wuv2bloved 10-17-2011 02:31 PM

Its the way they have the site set up. You have to wait 60seconds between going to different threads. Sometimes its a pain but it all works out:)

Welcome to the Forum as well, I think I forgot to say that. Ask as many questions as you like we will help ya, we were once a newbie ourselves :)

MiamiCajun 07-14-2012 08:46 PM

tony chachere's

Was looking to see if I could use Tony Chachere's to season my pork chops. I've used the Tony's with no salt before and I hate the taste, very chemically to me. Why is using a seasoning with a regular salt a no no? I get sea salt has better minerals but why shouldn't I have regular salt? Thanks ladies!

amandie 07-14-2012 11:23 PM

Rumblesis- honestly, I dislike the site's set up for the search especially the waiting time in between, lol so I tend to use google for my searches within 3fatchicks.

Go to your preferred search engine (bing, google, etc) then in the bar, type in "site:3fatchicks.com" (this forces all search results from the website aka here only) then type in whatever you're looking for- I'd suggest quotation marks if you are looking for something really specific then lastly, ideal protein to narrow down results. I'm sorry if this isn't really clear so I took a screenshot below to show you what I mean.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...rchexample.jpg

Crap. Zombie Thread. Note to self- check date before posting.

ChunkyMonkey33 07-14-2012 11:27 PM

My coach said no to edamame so you might want to double check. And she suggested gluten free soy, found mine at whole foods.

ChileheadKen 07-14-2012 11:57 PM

I live in South Louisiana and use Tony's, but not much since I have to use some sea salt. But slap ya mama is good, but it's also a salt "substitute". I also use a product called "Voodoo Ash" which you get on the internet from a company called Cajun Heat. Not much salt and great spicy flavor. Lots of other spice makers worth a try. I collect hot sauce and spicy seasonings and do reviews for them. Go to you tube and search Ken Alexander I Love it Spicy. You'll see bunch of products. or just I love it spicy. you get all the videos that way and not just mine.
Good luck!!!! :flame: