Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 294/294/150

Height: 5'3"

My husband and I just restarted today and it has gone well. I am nursing a little bit of a headache but I know it will go away soon. We both did IP earlier this year and lost about 45 pounds between us before the cheating set in and the stress about the cost with both of us on it. We have decided to do it this go around with alternative products.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #62  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

So happy someone started this thread, great idea. At the end of week 4 I have lost 19 pounds. Love this diet, so easy! I look forward to reading about everyone's losses and excitement regarding IP.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #63  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazecat View Post
My husband and I just restarted today and it has gone well. I am nursing a little bit of a headache but I know it will go away soon. We both did IP earlier this year and lost about 45 pounds between us before the cheating set in and the stress about the cost with both of us on it. We have decided to do it this go around with alternative products.

hi to the both of you!

I am using alternative products as well.... good luck and I look forward to 'seeing' you around!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #64  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
So happy someone started this thread, great idea. At the end of week 4 I have lost 19 pounds. Love this diet, so easy! I look forward to reading about everyone's losses and excitement regarding IP.

thank you! I thought there were probably others like me who had just started and were lurking around this forum looking for people in the same position to chat with... so happy to see so many people joining in!

I keep getting blown away by the number of pounds that are lost.... -19 is incredible in 4 weeks time... HUGE CONGRATS!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #65  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
thank you! I thought there were probably others like me who had just started and were lurking around this forum looking for people in the same position to chat with... so happy to see so many people joining in!

I keep getting blown away by the number of pounds that are lost.... -19 is incredible in 4 weeks time... HUGE CONGRATS!!!
Have you been to the thread I started about how much weight as an IP group we have loss?
Old 10-18-2011, 12:29 AM   #66  

Quote:

Thanks! I'm also really impressed on how much people have lost. It's fun to read about.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #67  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Wow, welcome to all the newbies. I go away for half a day and lots of new people. That is great. I am on Day 2. Doing well so far. Hungry and slight head ache but okay.
I went to a cooking demo last night. I had "Cocunut Rice".....using cauliflower. Steam the cauliflower (florets) in a steamer bad for a couple minutes...not mushy. Then put the cauliflower in a skillet to cook up. Then they made up one packet of IP Pina Colada shake. Added the shake to the cauliflower. It was DELICIOUS. I am going to try it tonight.
What are the "turnip fries" a few of you were talking about.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #68  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeymom View Post
Wow, welcome to all the newbies. I go away for half a day and lots of new people. That is great. I am on Day 2. Doing well so far. Hungry and slight head ache but okay.
I went to a cooking demo last night. I had "Cocunut Rice".....using cauliflower. Steam the cauliflower (florets) in a steamer bad for a couple minutes...not mushy. Then put the cauliflower in a skillet to cook up. Then they made up one packet of IP Pina Colada shake. Added the shake to the cauliflower. It was DELICIOUS. I am going to try it tonight.
What are the "turnip fries" a few of you were talking about.

I know.... so happy there are a lot of us just starting out and we can do this together!

the coconut rice sounds delic... I will have to try it for sure.

I just cut the turnip in small wedges (like fries), tossed them in some extra virgin olive oil, sea-salt, pepper and a garlic and herb spice.... placed on baking sheet at 400. Not sure on the time... prob 10-15 minutes and then I flipped them and baked another 10-15 min

Old 10-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #69  

Quote:
I know.... so happy there are a lot of us just starting out and we can do this together!

the coconut rice sounds delic... I will have to try it for sure.

I just cut the turnip in small wedges (like fries), tossed them in some extra virgin olive oil, sea-salt, pepper and a garlic and herb spice.... placed on baking sheet at 400. Not sure on the time... prob 10-15 minutes and then I flipped them and baked another 10-15 min

Have to admit that I'm not familiar with turnips, guess my mom never made them while I was growing up. I will definitely have to buy some and try the recipe. Sounds good.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:19 AM   #70  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Yum I will try that. I can't remember ever having a turnip so this will be a new experience for me. I do enjoy trying new vegetables.
I just found the "fun with IP packets" thread and found some other great ideas. I love how helpful everyone is..and creative.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #71  
it's my time to shine!

how is everyone doing today?

it is day #2 for me and I was a little light headed and weak this morning... had a large glass of water and some salt and it cleared it up.

I embarrassed to say that I weighed myself out of habit when I got up... have to get my husband to hide the scale from me. *oops* (down over -2lbs though!)
Old 10-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 190/150

Height: 5'5"

Question??? On Day 6 of IP, feeling lightheaded with a weird pressure feeling in my head... as if I'm deep underwater... Has anyone experienced this?
Old 10-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #73  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbelle View Post
Question??? On Day 6 of IP, feeling lightheaded with a weird pressure feeling in my head... as if I'm deep underwater... Has anyone experienced this?
sounds like your blood pressure is low add some sea salt to some water and drink it or take about 1/4tsp put it in the palm of your hand lick it off and drink water.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:14 PM   #74  

Hi Everyone, I'm fairly new as well. I started September 8, and I've lost 26lbs so far.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #75  
it's my time to shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grkchik99 View Post
Hi Everyone, I'm fairly new as well. I started September 8, and I've lost 26lbs so far.

WOW!! that is AH-MAZING!!
Closed Thread