Old 10-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #1  

Default More strict rules at my clinic! wow!

I went for a weigh in today and my coach advised the rules have gotten much more strict! It is mandatory to journal everything or you get kicked out of the program. If you cheat one time, you get kicked out of the program. No second chances!
when you journal you have to write time you ate, exactly what you ate incluing how and what you cooked it in and its exact weight. If you dont include this in your journal, you are not following protocol and they kick you out. She said they would "phase" you out. Also, they will take measurements weekly!
I feel pressure!!!!!!
Are your clinics this strict!
mamarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #2  
six

S/C/G: 183/179/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarenee View Post
I went for a weigh in today and my coach advised the rules have gotten much more strict! It is mandatory to journal everything or you get kicked out of the program. If you cheat one time, you get kicked out of the program. No second chances!
when you journal you have to write time you ate, exactly what you ate incluing how and what you cooked it in and its exact weight. If you dont include this in your journal, you are not following protocol and they kick you out. She said they would "phase" you out. Also, they will take measurements weekly!
I feel pressure!!!!!!
Wow! Mine is no where near this kind of strict! That would way irritate me. It's my money I'm paying for the program so I think ultimately its up to me whether I want to waste it or not by not following the program. Also, there are some days where I'm sick. Obviously I may not be able to follow it on those days. I do the food journal, but just putting down what I ate & checking off the water/supplements. In the end, you're hiring them to support you. It's up to you to decide to make the change. Good luck!
six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #3  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
I feel pressure!!!!!!
Wow is right. Mine isn't that strict either. My coach really doesn't advocate cheating but she hasn't said I would get kicked out if I ever did. And I'm the same. I write what i eat and check off the boxes as I go in my food journalling. I do get weekly measurements though. I would talk to your clinic again. If its putting that much stress on you, how are you supposed to lose the weight that you want.
frazzledmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/138/135

i have done all of those things without the threat of being fired as a client.... but i would not continue in my program if those rules were in place with my coach. sounds like the director of your clinic needs some tips on positive motivation and leadership!
idealamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

That's ridiculous and I would find another place to go, personally. I'd kick them out of my wallet.

Last edited by JessLess; 10-11-2011 at 06:28 PM.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
I feel pressure!!!!!!
Mine is not, can you go somewhere else????
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #7  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

I was asked to log everything for the first month, but the book they gave out doesn't go into that much detail. I'd be sure inclined to asked to speak with the owner about the changes. If you are seeing results it shouldn't matter how much you log or not. Thankfully we have two competing clinics in our area, perhaps a third. That competition keeps things customer oriented.
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #8  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

I was asked to keep a journal the first couple of weeks, and honestly I got tired of doing it and just stopped, and my coach stopped asking me.
I think she figured I wasn't cheating, I wasn't going to cheat and I was losing weight every week so why push it.
When she was "let go" and the owners wife took over she never even mentioned it.
I won't be forced to keep a journal, and frankly I won't do it.
I can get cheaper alternatives out there and they know that I know it, so I don't think they will push me.
Sounds like you need a new clinic to me, but that is just my opinion.

Dieting is not something that can be forced on you, you have to make the decision to take control, otherwise you are doomed to fail.

Once again just my opinion.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/120/122

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealamber View Post
i have done all of those things without the threat of being fired as a client.... but i would not continue in my program if those rules were in place with my coach. sounds like the director of your clinic needs some tips on positive motivation and leadership!
Sounds like your clinic is doing it right, idealamber. All clinics ARE supposed to be that strict, with the exception of the "one cheat and you're out" rule...if you cheat once, your coach should be asking you (nicely and in a positive manner!!) about the circumstances, and explaining to you that a second cheat may in fact result in them asking you to stop the program for a while and come back when you're really ready to commit. They should NOT, however, be ****-like about it or making you feel pressured.

If you think about it, cheating wastes your money, wastes your coach's time, and ends up being frustrating for both sides. Your coach isn't there to be your friend – presumably, you have those, and if that's all it took to lose weight, it'd be a cinch. Your coach IS there to guide you, hold you accountable, help you track your progress and stay on program, and oversee your IP journey.

The journal is supposed to be mandatory the whole time you're on program, not so they can be nosy or overbearing, but because it helps YOU track your eating habits, another accountability element, but also part of your re-education about food choices, portions, hidden carbs, etc. It also gives your coach a lot more information to go on if your weight loss stalls or you develop any issues while on the program.

Yes, you do have choices when it comes to weight loss, but don't you want use a program that actually works and go someplace that's actually interested in you being successful, not just taking your money? And also, DO speak up to the clinic head...they may not know how your coach is handling dieters, but if they know the effect it's having, I'd almost guarantee they'll do something about it.
Lilivonshtupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/151/135

Height: 5'7"

My clinic said yjis to me a few weeks back. Something about the potential for IP to audit journals, etc. By that time I was already using 75% alternatives and had to quit going. I'm in my own now.
MomNeedsTaShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 182/142/142

Height: 5'4.5"

My coach told me that at the last training seminar (a month or two ago??) they were instructed to discontinue services to a client who cheated two times. I haven't asked her if she's followed through. I was also asked to keep a food journal. I HATED the discipline of it all (but if I had known how to successfully lose weight, I wouldn't have needed IP, would I?!) So, I did it their way and it was the formula to success. Final thought -- it didn't work when I did it my way, it worked doing it their way.
samyswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #12  

I think all these changes came after they all attended an IP seminar type thing. She said if they dont follow the rules strictly, the clinic would be closed down. She said IP clinics all over frequently get closed down when they are not adhering to the rules. I get all of that and I do agree that accountability is huge. I just thought the concept of getting fired or kicked out of a diet was funny. Its a first for me!! I plan to adhere to avoid the possibility!! haha! Have a great night!
mamarenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #13  
Dee2

S/C/G: 196/186/145 (JC 5-11)

Height: 5'4

I can't believe they "fire" you if you don't lose and/or cheat. Personally, I think I'd consider going it on my own with alternatives if my coach were like that. Mine is pretty supportive. I told her about the couple spoonfuls of off protocol food I had. She wasn't mad she just asked me how I felt. I said it really didn't taste as good as I thought it would and then I didn't feel like eating my proper meal. I learned my own lesson and I felt accountable for it. Knowing the scale and the measuring tape will tell their own story, helps me to stay on track. And when I tell her about my slip ups she gives me advice on what to do instead. It all helps. I know I can do it b/c I've lost 20 lbs already and only 7 has been thru IP. Maybe if a person cheated week after week, then I could see a coach being frustrated. But I think I'd close my wallet on my own if I kept doing that without the clinic needing to "fire" me!
Dee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

[QUOTE=Lilivonshtupp;4067218]Sounds like your clinic is doing it right, idealamber.

If you think about it, cheating wastes your money, wastes your coach's time, and ends up being frustrating for both sides. Your coach isn't there to be your friend – presumably, you have those, and if that's all it took to lose weight, it'd be a cinch. Your coach IS there to guide you, hold you accountable, help you track your progress and stay on program, and oversee your IP journey.

I filled in my journal each day because I found it helpful to go over with my coach for the first while. I continued to record in it after I got used to the program but it was probably as boring for her as it was for me, if you are following the program exactly it's the same things over and over.
If my coach had made threats such as the first poster's had I'd be out of there right away.
If the coach's time is worth more than the $100+ a week for products that I can get the equivilant of easily for far less money perhaps the coach should be in another line of business.
It someone had been warned like that who would write the truth down in their journal anyway? Sorry this approach just does not make sense.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #15  
Dee2

S/C/G: 196/186/145 (JC 5-11)

Height: 5'4

Well said Patns!
Dee2 is offline   Reply With Quote